COVID-19: Our Priority is You
- By Aleah Radovich
First and foremost, we hope this message finds you healthy and safe. Nothing is more important to us than the health and wellbeing of our Dixie fam. As we navigate these uncertain times, impacted by the COVID-19 outbreak, we want to take a moment to assure you that our commitment to you and to our community remains strong.
Through the hard work and dedication of our team, we are continuing to produce Dixie products in all states where we operate. In many cases, they can be purchased from the same dispensaries found on our store locator. However, we recommend that you contact your preferred retailer ahead of time to ask them about their social distancing policies and if they are offering delivery or curbside pickup.
We are grateful to have this opportunity to continue providing cannabis to the millions of Americans seeking relief. This would not be possible without the many legislatures, across the nation, that have recognized the vital role cannabis plays in our lives and in our society – and for that, we are grateful.
The FDA recently stated, “We are not aware of any reports at this time of human illnesses that suggest COVID-19 can be transmitted by food or food packaging,” and we continue to follow the FDA Good Manufacturing Practices while taking additional measures to keep our team, our retail partners, and our customers safe. At our facilities across the nation, Dixie has made significant changes to combat the spread of the virus including:
- Increased already strict sanitation efforts in all areas of our facilities
- All staff is required to work from home if they are able to do so
- We have halted all employee travel
- All facilities have refrained from allowing visitors into our buildings
- Our staff is on high alert for contagious symptoms from co-workers and encouraged to stay home as needed
- All staff is required to follow social distancing best practices
- Working with retailers to support and accommodate their special needs
We will continue to follow these guidelines in the coming weeks and our COVID-19 task force will continue to meet on a daily basis to update these policies as needed.
Although we currently face challenging times, the resiliency of our community is something that makes our industry so special. The future is bright and by banding together in these times of uncertainty, we will come out even stronger on the other side.