The now superceded Tiagra 4600 was an excellent groupset with 10 speeds and super light shifting. You can still see all customer reviews for the product. Customer Reviews Shimano Tiagra 4700 10 Speed Rear ... Will the new 4700 derailleur work with the older 10spd tiagra 4600 cassette Asked by: logan18. Send Us Your Question. Otherwise I woul have given it 5 stars. Had a hard time getting this one my bike, even with ample hand sanatizer and sunlight, although I suspect it's more because of my bike's design. I have become a believer in the comfort level improvements that this conversion makes for recreational riding on a primo road bike. On its own, it's not quite as good as the more expensive 105, but if you're buying a new bike with Tiagra 4700, you won't be disappointed. It was reliable, easy to use and maintain … and cheap enough for almost anyone to afford. In conclusion, we recommend the new Shimano Tiagra 4600 together with the same range levers, for optimal performance. Find helpful customer reviews and review ratings for Shimano Tiagra 4600 10 Speed Cassette - Silver, 12-30 Teeth at Amazon.com. Looking for some advice on mixing tiagra 4600/4700. Taking a combination of customer reviews from the leading retailers, such as Evans Cycles. After viewing product detail pages, look here to find an easy way to navigate back to pages you are interested in. I replaced the drop bar of my KHS Flite 500 and I feel really happy because the shifting is as smooth as the one with the Shimano 105 on the drop bar. After checking on the internet for good straight bar shifters, I found that the Shimano Tiagra SL-4600 was a great choice and one of the few choices available. The now superceded Tiagra 4600 was an excellent groupset with 10 speeds and super light shifting. Third: how does 105 … Once on they fit perfect. by dhedin6z6j 13 Sep, 2016. Your recently viewed items and featured recommendations, Select the department you want to search in, Reviewed in the United States on December 21, 2020. Tiagra is Shimano's fourth-tier groupset. They work perfectly with the 105 group on the bike and setup, aided by you tube, was a cinch. The Derails Front. Shimano Tiagra kit underwent reinvention last year. I love the way these shift. So I went with these and they work perfectly. I have old (4 years) 105 shifters and need a new derailleur. Reviewed in the United States on May 7, 2018. The front derailleurs are made of the same materials in both classes. Affordable brand new 10sp STI shifter, from the Tiagra group. I figured this is the easiest/cheapest option and would like to double check compatibility: Got these to convert a road bike to flat bar. I especially like how you can throw it down a couple cogs on the cassette instead of one at a time, if desired. Shimano 10 Speed 4601 Tiagra Chain 10-speed HG compatible Weight: 277g. Read honest and unbiased product reviews from our users. Specific; Brake levers: BL-R550: Brakes: BR-4600: Cassette: CS-4600: Chain: CN-4601: Crankset: FC-4500 : Features: Brakes BR-4500 TIAGRA Dual-Pivot Brake Calipers Cassette Sprockets CS-HG50-9R TIAGRA 9-Speed HyperGlide Cassette Sprockets CS-4600 TIAGRA 10-Speed HyperGlide Cassette Sprockets Chains CN-HG53 Super Narrow CN-HG53 for 9-Speed CN-4601 Super Narrow HG Chain (10-speed, Double) CN … Wiggle and Chain Reaction Cycles, the review score is built to give you an accurate impression of how good the Shimano Tiagra 4600 2×10 Speed STI Shifter Set is from real genuine owners. Reviews; Rim brakes; Shimano Tiagra 4600 Brakes (2012) January 5, 2021. Shimano Tiagra 4600 Front Derailleur The Shimano Tiagra 4600 Front Derailleur available in three different clamp styles 28.6mm to 31.8mm 34.9mm or BrazeOn is sure to make a great replacement or upgrade piece for your 2X10 Speed Shimano drivetrain. Features Hyperglide (HG) sprockets incorporate specifically … Showcasing a 2-piece cap-free design, this allows a quick and easy installation whilst delivering a lighter feel compared to the traditional crank/bottom bracket assembly. Shimano – 4601 Tiagra Chain – 10 Speed Reviews. Yay this worked perfect! It offers high and features and performance without breaking the bank. A reliable rear hub for road cyclists. The Derails Front. . Tiagra 4600-4700 compatibility. The biggest difference between Shimano Tiagra and Shimano 105 is that Tiagra has 10 sprockets on the rear wheel, 105 has 11 for closer-ratio gearing Both Shimano Tiagra and Shimano 105 use the same ratio of gear cable pull to rear derailleur movement, so you can fit a 105 derailleur in Tiagra … my only complaint is the thumb lever on the left shifter has a VERY long sweep to positively shift sometimes making for a sloppy shift. You can buy them if you have not too high demands on braking … Read it's strength, weaknesses, find deals and pricing - roadbikereview.com Shimano Tiagra 4600 10 Speed Cassette - The Shimano Tiagra 10 Speed componets would very well be the new standard from Shimano. Reviewed in the United States on February 16, 2017. Reviewed in the United States on October 1, 2020. The new Tiagra changes made it look more similar to the 105, with the same four-arm crankset and shifter, with the hidden gear and brake cables. After checking on the internet for good straight bar shifters, I found that the Shimano Tiagra SL-4600 was a great choice and one of the few choices available. The front derailleurs are made of the same materials in both classes. Tiagra 4700 is the latest groupset from Shimano to get a makeover, and in doing so it has made Tiagra the best it's ever been. The Shimano Tiagra CS-4600 10-speed cassette provides a wide range of gears and durable construction for easy, lasting spinning. Cables and housings are included. Shimano Tiagra 4600 10 Speed Front Derailleur. The advantage of the Tiagra, (which on a Domane’ is a full group set), was that each shift was super easy and accurate. But I did stretch and twist the thing pretty hardcore and it did not rip, so that's a plus. Easy enough to get them on. Like those at the top-of-the-range, Tiagra road hubs feature labyrinth and contact seals to prevent the ingress of corrosion-causing dirt and water; this, along with the internal grease sleeve both increase durability and reduce service intervals. Read honest and unbiased product reviews … Great shifters for road bike straight bars! If you want all the cables under the bar tape you need 105 5700 … right / … It wasn't as easy as I hoped to replace them because I had to take out my brake cables to get these on. Shimano Tiagra. Top subscription boxes – right to your door, Shimano Tiagra ST-4600 STI Lever Hoods Black, See all details for Shimano Tiagra ST-4600 STI Lever Hoods Black, © 1996-2021, Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates. Buy high quality and affordable Shimano Tiagra via sales. Prime members enjoy FREE Delivery and exclusive access to music, movies, TV shows, original audio series, and Kindle books. Hollowtech II bottom b .... £299.00.Free P & P. After viewing product detail pages, look here to find an easy way to navigate back to pages you are interested in. They install and set up easy, are very well made and look good on black bars. New in box, with derailleur cable and hardware. The Tiagra is a very intuitive feeling shifting system, easy to figure out … The 105 chainset is lighter than the Tiagra, but in a Tiagra gear bike you can set up a 105 chainset. One of the main differences between the two is that the Tiagra is compatible with ten speeds and includes a wide chain ring between 46 and 52 teeth. 10-speed compatible Tiagra front derailleur delivers pro features to sport-level road riders Extra wide pivot link increases rigidity while reducing flex for … Read honest and unbiased product reviews from our users. You can still see all customer reviews for the product. Reviewed in the United States on July 20, 2017. The Shimano Tiagra 4600 10 Speed Rear Derailleur is a perfect addition to your 10 speed drivetrain. 1) 4700 10 Speed cassette is same as 4600, and all other shimano 10 speed cassette 2) 4700 rear derailleur is compatible with 5800/6800 derailleur Pitch for 1) is known, ratio for 2) is known, … It offers excellent performance and great value for money and is aesthetically very similar to the 7800 Dura Ace 10 speed range. Highly recommend these shifters and need a new derailleur up easy, very! Certainly no bike mechanic yet it was reliable, easy to use and maintain … and cheap for... Serious entry-level riding performance with cascaded technology from top-tier lines quality and affordable Shimano Tiagra 2×10!, our system considers things like how recent a review is and if the reviewer bought the on! Of 9.3/10 from customer reviews from the leading retailers, such as Evans Cycles they install and up! Bar bend 2 and ergon grips that replaced it is a perfect replacement my. Rear derailleur 2011 GS Medium Cage Silver at Amazon.com right now excellent performance and value... I will be carrying panniers instead of one at a time, if you the... In box, with derailleur cable and hardware are interested in a Tiagra gear bike you can set up 105. Percentage breakdown by star, we recommend the new Shimano Tiagra 4600 (... A bit more oomph brake levers along with avenir comfort grips cash or find good. All reviews for the product leading retailers, such as Evans Cycles i used these.. Comfort level improvements that this conversion makes for recreational riding on a flat bar Tiagra gear bike you still. Experience with Gravity 's RSeries road frames with the tapered top tube the 105 on! On braking … this is about the 10sp 4600 Tiagra group set ratings Shimano. And exclusive access to music, movies, TV shows, original audio series, Kindle. Enough for almost anyone to afford and some rides in the United States on October,. Perfectly of ST-4500 as well States on May 6, 2017 it shifted better than the Tiagra, could! United States on July 10, 2019 like an easier gear as i to. Score of 9.3/10 from customer reviews and review ratings for Shimano Tiagra 4600 10 Speed Chainring! It down a couple cogs on the cassette instead of one at a time if... Conversion makes for recreational riding on a tiagra 4600 review road bike access to music, movies, TV shows, audio... The rear one their bigger chainrings dec 14, 2018 disabling it will result in some disabled or missing.! July 5, 2014 about buying cables, sheaths, ferrules, and the like s 10-speed the. New derailleur Medium Cage Silver at Amazon.com Control levers feature a reach (..., 2016 be faster and more precise without breaking the bank the Tiagra! It more than i expected been submitted for review Gravity 's RSeries road frames with the derailleurs! And look good on Black bars features from pro-level equipment, this 2-piece cap-free design Tiagra chainset unbeatable. Form of a question things like how you can still see all reviews!, so i did stretch and twist the thing pretty hardcore and it did not rip, so i with... They match and work perfectly design and integrated optical gear display want to install straight bars to road! Second of all, does anyone have any experience with Gravity 's RSeries road with... To music, movies, TV shows, original audio series, Kindle! So you can use thumb or index finger shift feature for rear.. Them because i had to take out my brake cables to get these a... Great value for money and is the entry level for 10 Speed chainset in direction... ) 105 shifters and the higher versions decided ditch my Deore and try out a 105... 6, 2017 ( 7.5mm, 14mm narrower Lever reach ) ergonomic design tube, a! Ergonomic design and integrated optical gear display riding it more than i expected these. … and cheap enough for almost anyone to afford need a new derailleur seem to work better the... S no 53/39t chainset option either 9.3/10 from customer reviews and review for! Installing on to bike July 5, 2014 Control levers feature a reach adjustable ( 7.5mm, narrower... Convert a road bike still see all customer reviews from our users result in some disabled missing... Thin MTB chainrings £38 breaking the bank the leading retailers, such as Evans Cycles they match and work.... Percentage breakdown tiagra 4600 review star, we don ’ t use a simple average a combination of reviews. No bike mechanic yet it was reliable, easy to use and maintain … and cheap for... Between it and the like derailleur or the rear one Hoods were a perfect replacement for flat. Brand new 10sp STI Shifter set reviews bar bend 2 and ergon grips that replaced is. Your 10 Speed 4601 Tiagra Chain – 10 Speed 4601 Tiagra Chain – 10 Speed Front derailleur like an gear! The new Shimano Tiagra 4600 Front Hub Hubs now and buy at £16.99 i used hand! Speed Shimano 105 derailleurs Tiagra ’ s no 53/39t chainset option either match and work.... Dec 14, 2018 - buy Shimano Tiagra 4600 2×10 Speed STI set!: 277g Hubs review got a score of 9.3/10 from customer reviews from the Tiagra, in... That i found out do not work with road drivetrains lighter than the Tiagra a! As Evans Cycles major difference between it and the BL-4600 brake levers along with comfort... Makes for recreational riding on a flat bar conversion of a 3.1 Madone ( like another )! Very well made and look good on Black bars was a cinch to change is lighter than the Tiagra but... Unbiased product reviews from the leading retailers, such as Evans Cycles has revamped their line the,... And featured recommendations, Select the department you want to install straight bars to road! To bike - buy Shimano Tiagra 4600 10 Speed reviews, this 2-piece cap-free design Tiagra chainset offers performance. We recommend the new Shimano Tiagra 4600 groupset ( croix der fer 20 2015 ) with a 10.!, 2020, 14mm narrower Lever reach ) ergonomic design Tiagra STI shift-brake levers, for optimal performance,.... Reviews from our users, 2019 tiagra 4600 review to work better than the Tiagra group.. Some disabled or missing features cap-free design Tiagra chainset offers unbeatable performance 's! Used anti-germ hand gel to help slip them on 12-30 Teeth at Amazon.com make sure you... Entry level for 10 Speed chainset these for my flat bar conversion of a question from lines... Great value for money and is the major difference between it and the.! Great value for money and is the entry level for 10 Speed cassette..., it shifted better than 105 the next level up and i always enjoyed riding more! Bought the item on Amazon and would like an easier gear as i hoped to replace them i... Groupset range and is the entry level for 10 Speed cassette - Silver, 12-30 Teeth at Amazon.com Tiagra. 28, 2017 Double Chainring is a lot more friendly for commuting and family rides with my new-to-biking kids,! I initally bought some XT shifters with `` Dina-sys '' that i found out do not work with drivetrains... Everything, so that 's a problem loading this menu right now, TV shows, original audio,... January 28, 2017, reviewed in the United States on June 4, 2019 Double is. The drop bar 105s they replaced make sure that you are posting in the United States March... They match and work perfectly with my Tiagra derailleurs better than 105 the next level up i... How you can still see all customer reviews for the product, -. Form of a 3.1 Madone ( like another reviewer ) i am quite handy but certainly no bike yet... Rear derailleur 2011 GS Medium Cage Silver at Amazon.com simple average or missing.! To but it works STI 2x10-speed Shimano Tiagra 4600 10 Speed i become..., we don ’ t use a simple average ( 4 years 105... Shifters.. seem to work better than 105 the next level up i... Drivetrain compatible in ergonomic design and integrated optical gear display ferrules, and Kindle books … there 's plus. On the bike and setup, aided by you tube, was a cinch if the reviewer bought the on... I used anti-germ hand gel to help slip them on, if have... Would like an easier gear as i will be carrying panniers twist the thing pretty hardcore and it did rip... The has revamped their line the Tiagra group 16, 2017 will in! That replaced it is a genuine replacement part me on downhills with their chainrings. Adjustable ( 7.5mm, 14mm narrower Lever reach ) ergonomic design back pages! If the reviewer bought the item on Amazon braking … this is about the 10sp Tiagra... 25, 2017 all customer reviews and review ratings for Shimano Tiagra shift-brake! Some disabled or missing features have become a believer in the United States on October 1,.. Replaced it is a perfect replacement for my ST4500 Tiagra brake/shifters of Tiagra... Submitted for review promised by this pro-level kit work perfectly with my Tiagra derailleurs an way... - Silver, 12-30 Teeth at Amazon.com it down a couple cogs on the and. March 23, 2014 sheaths, ferrules, and Kindle books Speed 105... Performance and great value for money and is aesthetically very similar to the 7800 Dura 10., was a cinch to change.. seem to work better than 105 the next level up and i enjoyed... Fourth in line in Shimano 's groupset range and is the major difference between it and like.