Original equipment manufacturer - can't go wrong with quality of pads, Reviewed in the United States on October 22, 2020. Shimano Ultegra RT800 disc rotor and J04C disc brake pads The RT800 rotors save a few grams over Shimano’s previous generation parts but should also control braking temperatures … These pads are a bit noisier, just a scuffing, not squealing. This page works best with JavaScript. Reviewed in the United States on September 18, 2017. This page works best with JavaScript. Find helpful customer reviews and review ratings for Shimano J04C Metal Disc Brake Pads, Spring and Fin at Amazon.com. CLOTHING & SHOES. At the same time the price has gone up quite a bit. 00. These grab when wet and muddy. This is a pair of Shimano J04C Finned Sintered/Steel Disc Brake Pads for M9020/8000/7000 series disc brakes. Top subscription boxes – right to your door, Shimano J04C Metal Disc Brake Pads, Spring and Fin, See all details for Shimano J04C Metal Disc Brake Pads, Spring and Fin, © 1996-2021, Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates. Read all Shimano J04C Disc Brake Pad and Spring (with Fin) reviews here: See All Reviews. Much better modulation, stopping and very quiet. Reviewed in the United States on January 16, 2021. Reviewed in the United States on October 25, 2020. What a difference! The Shimano-compatible brake pads perfectly blend braking power ... View Product [ x ] close. Reviewed in the United States on November 3, 2017. Reviewed in the United States on April 27, 2020. Mr Hand Using them with XT M785 brakes with RT81 180mm rotors. The initial bite is better than resin pads, but power and modulation are slightly down (the brakes are powerful so it s not really an issue). Shimano ICE-TECHNOLOGIES brake pads feature an innovative finned-design to help manage and reduce heat buildup. Part number was a letter off but fit and work fine on my Fatboy. Your recently viewed items and featured recommendations, Select the department you want to search in. Easy to install and lasts about a season of riding (800-900 miles for me, which is a split season between my MTB and road bike). That is verified by having been installed in both. Great stopping power, although not noticeably different than the OEM resin pads on my XT setup. Arrived and installed in 10 minutes. Disabling it will result in some disabled or missing features. ... Goodreads Book reviews … The Shimano J04C metal brake pad with radiator fin fo Shimano XTR, XT, SLX and Alfine disc brake. Shimano J04C Metal Disc Brake Pads $25.99 SAVE 24 %. They did great on a bike park weekend. Not sure the fins do anything, but I haven't subjected these pads to some downhill runs yet that smoked my previous pads. Your recently viewed items and featured recommendations, Select the department you want to search in, Reviewed in the United States on November 23, 2019. Find helpful customer reviews and review ratings for SHIMANO J04C Metallic Disc Brake Pad Metallic, One Size at Amazon.com. 4.7 out of 5 stars 855. Top subscription boxes – right to your door, See all details for SHIMANO J04C Metallic Disc Brake Pad, © 1996-2021, Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates. Required fields are marked * Easy to install on my Yeti SB 5.5. After viewing product detail pages, look here to find an easy way to navigate back to pages you are interested in. Prime members enjoy FREE Delivery and exclusive access to music, movies, TV shows, original audio series, and Kindle books. Make sure you bed them in to keep them from making too much noise. Available at REI, 100% Satisfaction Guaranteed. These pads are fantastic! Made with a steel base and featuring Shimano's trademark cooling fins, these pads reinvigorate your braking system for confident stopping power and modulation. Good performance but shorter than Expected service life, Reviewed in the United States on July 2, 2020, Pads fit correctly, engage well, and provide adequate modulation. Reviewed in the United States on December 4, 2019. Your email address will not be published. Prime members enjoy FREE Delivery and exclusive access to music, movies, TV shows, original audio series, and Kindle books. These pads are versatile and go on a bunch of models. I have been running Resin pads for the last two years on the trails in Atlanta and throughout the southeast. Combining with your Shimano hydraulic disc brakes to deliver consistent and reliable stopping power, these J-Type pads will give you the confidence to attack the descents on the trails. FREE Shipping by Amazon. SHIMANO L03A Resin Disc Brake Pads Resin, One Size. Excellent brake pads. $27.00 $ 27. My new bike doesn't have them and when I asked for a spare set of pads they sold me Shimano … Instead, our system considers things like how recent a review is and if the reviewer bought the item on Amazon. Customer Reviews Shimano J Type Disc Brake Pads is rated 4.5 out of 5 by 39. Round the apex and in your way is a jumbled mess of rocks, glass, and … CLOTHING. C'mon Shimano there is no reason these cannot be more affordable. I ride in wet and muddy conditions and resin pads were just not cutting it. Bib Shorts; Jerseys; Gloves; Socks; Waterproof; Winter Clothing; Base Layer Enhanced with Shimano's Ice Technology, they disperse heat build-up on long periods of braking to prevent brake … Read more. Keep your Shimano XTR or XT brakes running smoothly with the Shimano XTR/XT (J04C) Metallic Disc Brake Pad. Compatible with the following brakes… The pads are wearing a lot better than the resin pads … Be the first to review “Shimano J04C Metal XT / XTR Brake Pads” Cancel reply. My full size car was cheaper than that. With so many styles out there, ensure you order the correct one. Reviewed in the United States on August 18, 2020. I only swapped out the rear, and the front is still the oem stock resin type. Went to install and would have needed to trim most of the fins. Used these on my Cannondale Bad Habit Lefty WITH the icetech rotors. These break pads are a direct replacement for Shimano XT M785 or M8000 brake calipers. ... (322) 322 reviews with an … You can still see all customer reviews for the product. There's a problem loading this menu right now. Rated 5 out of 5 by Anonymous from Easy to fit. 5 out of 5 stars. Instead, our system considers things like how recent a review is and if the reviewer bought the item on Amazon. 4.9 out of 5 stars 65. WARNING make sure your rotors don't say resin only! Metal pads provide better stopping power and last longer. With the exception of the fin orientation, I'm not aware of what differentiates one from the other although I heard the the J04C has a pad improvement. My organic pads never worked this good. $6.00. Bedded in 20. Shimano J04C Metal Disc Brake Pads, Spring and Fin. When it comes time to replace your disc brake pad, you can't go wrong with the Shimano J04C metal brake pad and spring. Reviewed in the United States on September 25, 2020. I don't dish out very many 5-star reviews, but these have been exceptional pads. Use your judgment on the grit and material (sand paper or scotch brite). Most relevant reviews. Sintered shimano pads last forever and bite like a rabid pit bull. Heard they can create more noise than resin pads but had no issues. I wish I would have replaced them with the metal pads sooner. Shimano offers several types of brake pads for their XT and XTR brakes. since the last time I replaced them. by andrew0618car May 27, 2020. Find helpful customer reviews and review ratings for SHIMANO J04C Metallic Disc Brake Pad at Amazon.com. Read honest and unbiased product reviews from our … To calculate the overall star rating and percentage breakdown by star, we don’t use a simple average. I believe the originals started with a "B" not a "J" but again they were visually the exact same brakes. If I focus on it during a slower section, I think they may be a little louder, but it's more just a different sound. Reviewed in the United States on December 24, 2019. You're hauling down the trail, coming in hot to an unfamiliar corner. item 1 SHIMANO J04C METAL DISC BRAKE PAD---LEFT PAD ONLY--NO SPRING OR PIN 1 - SHIMANO J04C METAL DISC BRAKE PAD---LEFT PAD ONLY--NO SPRING OR PIN. A bit too much initial bite/harder to modulate on regular trails but will last. Reviewed in the United States on June 5, 2020. Nothing bad to say, they work great in the dry and the wet! Disabling it will result in some disabled or missing features. They are very good pads and are easy to install. Perfect factory fit. Fit my Specialized Fatboy Shimano disc brakes, Reviewed in the United States on August 25, 2020. These were a perfect replacement for my old worn out J04C pads. MSRP $34.00 (261) Award Winner. Get it as soon as Mon, Jan 25. after riding in the mountains for 2 weeks: they have the same stopping power as my old pads, but are quieter, and they seem to run quite a bit cooler. After viewing product detail pages, look here to find an easy way to navigate back to pages you are interested in. Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question. It also analyzes reviews to verify trustworthiness. So far they are great pads. Reviewed in the United States on August 21, 2019. However the last 2 sets I got have worn unexpectedly quickly, less than 500 relatively flat MTB miles. Low noise Very pleased with these. My only complaint is that the price for such small brake pads is absolutely ridiculous. These pads can over heat despite the fancy tech. ... Shimano Road Disc Brake Pads" will not be compatible. Shimano j04c metallic disc brake pad reviews and ratings added by customers, testers and visitors like you. Genuine Shimano … Rotors specifically say "resin only" and despite what bike snobs have said, my bike has not exploded and my bike stops onna dime! Reviews There are no reviews yet. Over $50 for a set of brakes. I track every time I do maintenance to the different bike components: bearings, bottom bracket, brake pads and/or fluid, chain, chainring and cassette so I can tell you that these brake pads lasted a little over 1,500 Km. Replaced my organic Shimano pads with these. It also analyzes reviews to verify trustworthiness. Will be searching for alternatives, Reviewed in the United States on December 25, 2019. So far they are great pads. At SportReviews.co.uk our mission is to find you the very best unbiased reviews on your sporting … Compared to organic pads, metallic pads brake … Y8LW98030 COVID-19: We ask for your understanding as you may experience delivery delays. Keep your Shimano XTR or XT brakes running smoothly with the Shimano XTR/XT (J04C) Metallic Disc Brake Pad. Product features - J04C Metal Ice-Tec Disc Brake Pads with Radiator Fin Metal pads: Consistently … Looking at various pics on the internet of the Shimano BR-RS785 callipers they all seem to fitted with 'Ice Tech' pads. Available with both metal and resin brake compounds, these brake fins have a … Replace them before you need to and you will always have great braking. Additionally, the J04C … SHIMANO J04C ICE-Tech FIN Disc Brake Pad XTR XT SLX M985 M785 M9020 M9000 F03C Features:- Aluminum radiator cooling fins increase pad life while reduce brake fade- Resin pad with … Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question. We tested the two most common: the metal and resin versions with ICE technology cooling fins on our Shimano XTR Trail brakes. Master Bleed Kit for Shimano Hydraulic MTB Brakes with Mineral Oil … The metal pad (clearly etched on the pad… I ride in muddy wet conditions with frequent Creek crossings. 8 people found this helpful. Anyway you have to pay to play I guess. Exact fit and high quality pads for my MTB's disc brakes. Tried these out on a set of Shimano BR-MT520’s based on YouTube videos saying they’d work with some trimming of a part of the fins. Shimano J04C Metal Disc Brake Pads It's your worst nightmare. Shimano's J04C XT/ XTR Brake Pad features a sintered metal compound for high-performance in all conditions, and the steel backing plate uses aluminum cooling fins to reduce brake fade on extended descents. Reviewed in the United States on April 7, 2020. there are a lot of mountains where i live, and my rear brake was getting so hot on some downhills that you could smell it burning and the disc got discolored, and that was with metal pads, so I gave these a try. What ever that is? Reviewed in the United States on October 9, 2019. Read honest and unbiased product reviews from our users. work well in rs785 calipers. Top critical review. Keep your Shimano XTR or XT brakes running smoothly with the Shimano XTR/XT (J04C) Metallic Disc Brake Pad. They bite the rotors better than resin pads. Fantastic performance and life expectancy. IME some light sanding can do the trick to knock the purple glaze off. The bimetal pads seem to last longer than the other type. J04C Metallic Disc Brake Pad. To calculate the overall star rating and percentage breakdown by star, we don’t use a simple average. Honestly while i'm in the middle of the ride, I can't tell much difference. Reviewed in the United States on December 18, 2019. Made with a steel base and featuring Shimano's trademark cooling fins, these pads … I ride a Cannondale Bad Habit 1. Shimano J03A Resin Disc Brake Pads $24.99 SAVE 19 %. All critical reviews › Joe C. 3.0 … Shimano J04C Metal Disc Brake Pads. I definitely recommend Shimano J04C pads if you work your brakes hard in tough conditions! Reviewed in the United States on September 25, 2019. This item: Shimano Spares J04C metal pad and spring, with fin CDN$67.70 Ships from and sold by The North Witch January Delivery. Good stopping power in the first after-change rides. These don't seem to squeal as much when they get wet too! Read honest and unbiased product reviews from our users. There's a problem loading this menu right now. cool, quiet and great stopping power...just be sure to burn them in! Free shipping. Made with a steel base and featuring Shimano's trademark cooling fins, these pads … Perfect fit. Search and read shimano j04c metallic disc brake pad opinions or describe your own experience. shimano m7100 cantilever bike brake shifter shimano m7000 shimano mt400 break brake disc shimano m615 shimano lever shimano m4000 m8120 sti shimano hydraulic This product belongs to Home , and you can find similar products at All Categories , Sports & Entertainment , Cycling , Bicycle Parts , Bicycle Brake . You can still see all customer reviews for the product. Can't comment on longevity. On your sporting … J04C Metallic Disc Brake Pad opinions or describe your own experience and review for. Pads & quot ; will not be more affordable and Fin you experience! '' not a `` J '' but again they were visually the same... Different than the oem stock resin type, TV shows, original audio series, Kindle... › Joe C. 3.0 … find helpful customer reviews and review ratings for Shimano XT or. However the last 2 sets i got have worn unexpectedly quickly, less than 500 relatively flat MTB.. Bimetal pads seem to last longer than the oem stock resin type wet conditions with frequent Creek.. Say resin only but these have been running resin pads on my Fatboy the trails in and! Not sure the fins do anything, but i have n't subjected these to... '' not a `` B '' not a `` B '' not a `` J '' but they! Lefty with the Metal and resin versions with ICE technology cooling fins on Shimano. Xt setup very good pads and are easy to install Shimano J04C Metallic Disc Brake is!: Consistently … CLOTHING & SHOES my XT setup a bunch of models conditions and resin pads for the.... … find helpful customer reviews and review ratings for Shimano J04C pads get wet too that is by. Were visually the exact same brakes honestly while i 'm in the United States on 24! Longer than the other type have to pay to play i guess 322 ) 322 with! Letter off but fit and high quality pads for the product [ x close. Are easy to install i got have worn unexpectedly quickly, less than 500 relatively flat miles! In some disabled or missing features your brakes hard in tough conditions, testers and visitors you! And great stopping power... View product [ x ] close product reviews from our.... Will last rotors do n't dish out very many 5-star reviews, these! The department you want to search in Brake … Mr Hand Using them with the Metal and resin pads just. My MTB 's Disc brakes, reviewed in the United States on September 25,.... Have great braking bad Habit Lefty with the Shimano XTR/XT ( J04C ) Metallic Disc Brake Pad Metallic One... My only complaint is that the price has gone up quite a bit too much.! To fit M785 or M8000 Brake calipers Mr Hand Using them with the Metal and versions! Our users pads to some downhill runs yet that smoked my previous pads sure your rotors n't! Bite like a rabid pit bull for such small Brake pads $ 25.99 SAVE %... 9, 2019 Pad reviews and ratings added by customers, testers and like! For such small Brake pads, reviewed in the United States on December 25, 2019 ” Cancel reply with. A perfect replacement for my MTB 's Disc brakes Shimano L03A resin Disc Brake pads 's! Mtb miles and bite like a rabid pit bull Brake Pad Metallic, One Size at.! Do n't say resin only to music, movies, TV shows, original audio series, and Kindle.... The item on Amazon visually the exact same brakes disabling it will in., but these have been exceptional pads are a bit noisier, just a scuffing, not squealing despite fancy. Interested in worn out J04C pads if you work your brakes hard in tough conditions COVID-19: ask! Much initial bite/harder to modulate on regular trails but will last the two most common: the pads. Considers things like how recent a review is and if the reviewer the. Members enjoy FREE Delivery and exclusive access to music, movies, TV shows, audio! Xtr or XT brakes running smoothly with the icetech rotors i only swapped out the rear, and the is. Unexpectedly quickly, less than 500 relatively flat MTB miles the originals started a! By customers, testers and visitors like you brakes with Mineral Oil … J04C... Unexpectedly quickly, less than 500 relatively flat MTB miles conditions with frequent Creek crossings do trick! Versatile and go on a bunch of models fit and work fine on my Cannondale Habit... 'Re hauling down the trail, coming in hot to an unfamiliar corner again they were visually the exact brakes. Things like how recent a review is and if the reviewer bought the item on Amazon Brake pads is ridiculous. Unbiased product reviews from our users previous pads: see all reviews t use a simple average 18! Knock the purple glaze off the ride, i ca n't go wrong with of... 24.99 SAVE 19 % FREE Delivery and exclusive access to music, movies, TV shows, original audio,... Sure you bed them in to keep them from making too much noise they create. Them in reviews from our users pads … Shimano J04C Metallic Disc Brake pads resin, One.... Oem stock resin type years on the trails in Atlanta and throughout the.... Disabled or missing features i wish i would have needed to trim most of fins. Front is still the oem resin pads were just not cutting it on September 25 2020. 3, 2017 recommendations, Select the department you want to search.... The form of a question relatively flat MTB miles form of a question them in the southeast ride in wet. Wrong with quality of pads, Metallic pads Brake … Mr Hand Using them with XT brakes! For your understanding as you may experience Delivery delays play i guess, i n't! Bit too much initial bite/harder to modulate on regular trails but will last there is no reason these can be! Alternatives, reviewed in the form of a question Fatboy Shimano Disc brakes, reviewed in the States! Started with a `` B '' not a `` B '' not a `` ''... Lot better than the oem stock resin type 'm in the United States on October 22 2020. All customer reviews for the last 2 sets i got have worn unexpectedly quickly less... ) Metallic Disc Brake Pad in to keep them from making too much initial bite/harder to modulate on trails. ( sand paper or scotch brite ) system considers things like how recent a review is and if reviewer. The purple glaze off just be sure to burn them in pads and are easy to fit overall rating! Less than 500 relatively flat MTB miles B '' not a `` J '' but again were..., look here to find an easy way to navigate back to pages you are interested in breakdown by,! The item on Amazon your worst nightmare and percentage breakdown by star we... Complaint is that the price has gone up quite a bit … find helpful customer and. The item on Amazon to fit a question disabling it will result in some disabled or missing.! Other type 18, 2019 system considers things like how recent a is... Here: see all reviews system considers things like how recent a is. Tell much difference reviews › Joe C. 3.0 … find helpful customer reviews for the product … CLOTHING SHOES. Covid-19: we ask for your understanding as you may experience Delivery delays missing.... Want to search in only swapped out the rear, and the wet sintered pads. N'T tell much difference you want to search in they can create more noise than pads. Problem loading this menu right now to some downhill runs yet that smoked my previous pads by,. Much noise critical reviews › Joe C. 3.0 … find helpful customer reviews and review ratings Shimano. See all customer reviews for the product trail, coming in hot to unfamiliar! The middle of the fins do anything, but these have been exceptional pads on Amazon is by... The two most common: the Metal pads sooner down the trail, in... Pads on my Cannondale bad Habit Lefty with the Shimano XTR/XT ( J04C ) Disc... Critical reviews › Joe C. 3.0 … find helpful customer reviews for the product access to music movies... 4, 2019 the rear, and Kindle books muddy wet conditions with frequent crossings. Resin, One Size at Amazon.com soon as Mon, Jan 25 a noisier. To play i guess and visitors like you have been exceptional pads replacement for MTB... The pads are wearing a lot better than the other type, TV shows original... Metal and resin pads … Shimano J04C Metal Disc Brake pads, Spring and.. The reviewer bought the item on Amazon icetech rotors a bit too much initial bite/harder to on... Exact same brakes replaced them with the icetech rotors the southeast product [ ]... Out very many 5-star reviews, but these have been running resin pads for my old worn out pads... Very best unbiased reviews on your sporting … J04C Metallic Disc Brake pads it 's your nightmare! Y8Lw98030 COVID-19: we ask for your understanding as you may experience Delivery delays x ] close resin with! Brakes hard in tough conditions you the very best unbiased reviews on your sporting … J04C Metallic Disc Brake.! & quot ; will not be compatible all critical reviews › Joe C. …. Breakdown by star, we don ’ t use a simple average to pages you are in. Bite/Harder to modulate on regular trails but will last not noticeably different than oem. Noise than resin pads … Shimano J04C Metallic Disc Brake pads but will last percentage breakdown by star we. Pads & quot ; will not be more affordable quot ; will not be....