Overview. Acc. As you can see, Baton Pass is banned in these format, except for Anything Goes. 2.- Clear Smog doesn't affect users behind a Sub, which EVERY Baton Pass Team runs 3.- There are no Pokémon that run Psych Up in singles, … Dark; Pressure. Source: https://www.smogon.com/forums/threads/baton-pass-in-sm-ou.3604290/. Type: Normal: Category: Non-Damaging: Power — Accuracy — Priority: 0: PP: 40: The user is replaced with another Pokemon in its party. The current options are as follows for voters who meet the suspect requirements: Do nothing and keep the metagame as it is; Forbid the use of the move Baton Pass on more than 3 Pokémon on the same team (complex ban); Ban the combination of the move Baton Pass in conjunction with the ability Magic Bounce and the ability Speed Boost (complex ban). Hitting physical opponents with a turn 1 infestation will trap them before they realize how bulky scolipede is built. ". No skill involved, it's pure team matchup and it needs to go. Welcome to a brand new Pokemon Showdown livestream video where we will be using a baton pass, sandstorm team based around Mega Garchomp in Smogon OU! This baton pass team has been #1 (or close) on OU ladder for four months, usually hovering at around 2000 Elo. Scolipede @ maranga berry Speed boost Careful Max Hp & Special D Bug bite Iron Defense Protect Baton pass Bug bite is the to keep him from being taunted out. Speed boosted Pokemon are also usually best used as cleaners, so there's time to clear their counters anyway. I believe the single thing making the situation overpowered is the lack of an effective counter in Roar/Whirlwind/Taunt/Encore because of Magic Bounce. He's a good survivor and passer, but very easy to get walked with this set. Dig Power 80 Accuracy 100% PP 16 Digs underground turn 1, strikes turn 2. Oh finally thank god. 5:05. Because at this point it seems more like denissss is good and not BP. Its segmented body is dark magenta, except for its smooth, dark gray underside. Again, the guy is very good but his team is a lot less invincible without all of that recovery. Mime, it's something worth considering when looking for counters. He has 5 sets of leftovers on his team that boost his healing. Checks and Counters. If you are interested in following the discussion further, or learning how to qualify for suspect tests check out the official suspect thread: http://goo.my/sus3. It helps you stall out a turn and get speed boost on your first turn out. Even the top battlers have a hard time. However, I couldn't go to a battle because it said Mega Absol's Baton Pass is banned. Why was the combination of using Gravity and a inaccurate sleep inducing move banned in double battles on Showdown? The best checks to Scolipede are generally those that do not take very much damage from its brutal STAB Megahorn. I'm not a very skilled battler, so I haven't heard of these problems but by the sounds of it from the comments it sounds extremely cheap and a strategy that if planned well cannot be beat. Scolipede @ maranga berry Speed boost Careful Max Hp & Special D Bug bite Iron Defense Protect Baton pass Bug bite is the to keep him from being taunted out. /r/Stunfisk is your reddit source for news, articles, analyses, and competitive battling discussion for Pokémon VGC and Smogon. Lastly, Scolipede has access to Baton Pass and is perfectly capable of passing things such as Swords Dance, Agility, and Substitute, although Scolipede often has trouble pulling off the pass due to its frailty. Common abusers of this strategy, such as Necrozma, Magearna, and Espeon, take advantage of being passed Speed boosts from Scolipede and then set up on their own, proceeding to sweep through a significant portion of the metagame and teams that are used. Passing a Speed boost to Pokemon such as Primal Groudon and Xerneas allows them to easily beat Mega Sableye and Mega Diancie. Purple bands decorate these horns, and teardrop-shaped rings of the same color mark each body segment, one on each side of its body. Despite having a clause implemented to hinder Baton Pass Teams, there are clearly still effective teams that make use of this Strategy. Terrakion and physical Virizion are examples of good Baton Pass recipients, as they can ram through physical walls such as Gliscor after a boost. Perish Song hits through Magic Bounce, and is baton passed. Baton pass teams can have all sorts of stuff in it. It's nowhere near as good as this top level ladder play, but it's fun as hell to shellsmash BP onto a mixed Mega Absol. Press J to jump to the feed. To the "baton pass is absolutely terrible, smogon is totally overreaching in suspecting it" crowd: take a look at this.. Its large, segmented body is mainly a deep ruby-red color with purple teardrop-shaped markings lining each segment from the back of its head to its backside. But his team has an increased amount of survivability that a team on a cartridge or a team that played by VGC rules wouldn't have. The ideal matchup is against a physical attacker. I know that sounds like she's trying to do a lot, feel free to pick it apart. — Poison Sting: 15: 100: 35: 30: The user stabs the target with a poisonous stinger. Take a moment to read the Introduction to Smogon for a run-down on everything Smogon. Baton Pass: Normal: Status — —% 40 33 Agility: Psychic: Status — —% 30 39 Steamroller: Bug: Physical: 65 100% 20 44 Toxic: Poison: Status — 90% 10 50 Rock Climb: Normal: Physical: 90 85% 20 55 Double-Edge: Normal: Physical: 120 100% 15 Bold indicates a move that gets STAB when used by Scolipede; Italic indicates a move that gets STAB only when used by an evolution of Scolipede… It's generally agreed that Option 2 is the better of the three, I see it easily passing. — Defense Curl--101: 40--The user curls up to conceal weak spots and raise its Defense stat. It's a very common strategy used by Ninjask, Scolipede and Blaziken along with a Swords Dance and Speed Boost stats changes. Baton Pass can be used to gain momentum against Mega Sableye and Mega Diancie switch-ins, but fitting it on a moveset is difficult. Generation VI. And what about phazing moves like Roar/Dragon Tail? Scolipede is a centipede-like Pokémon that usually stands with the front half of its body raised vertically off the ground. Pin Missile, with a little bit of luck, can hit multiple times to break Focus Sashes. Cheap isn't really the right word. Plus, Ingrain has almost no legitimate use otherwise. Bold indicates a move that gets STAB when used by Scolipede; Italic indicates a move that gets STAB only when used by an evolution of Scolipede; Click on the generation numbers at the top to see level-up moves from other generations; By TM/HM. I think Smogon is forgetting that there are a wide variety of counters to the strategy and it's easily counterable solely because Baton Pass requires turns to set up in order to get the sweep. This test is focused on nerfing full baton pass chains, as we have discovered in XY the new options available to Baton Pass users make teams where every member carries BP too centralizing at the highest level of ladder and tournament play. Its underside is black, and it has a plump, rounded belly. But what you have to account for is that of those 718, a handful are useless lc mons, ok-ish middle stage mon, and full evos that are outclassed by higher tier mons. While this won't work on Soundproof Mr. Effects. Baton Pass Hey look, a Scolipede set that's just like the most common Ninjask set, except without the 4x stealth rocks weakness. Why the Ability Arena Trap is banned in Showdown ? Most people don't picture a bug/poison to be a physical wall, but Scolipede is surprisingly hard to damage. The third Smogon XY OU Suspect test has begun. Scolipede is a Pokemon which has high Speed and access to Swords Dance, while being cursed by a bad typing and poor defenses. What are the moves banned in Random Matchup and why? Why is it banned. Later on he faced a BP team on his Road to Top 10 OU series and he managed to beat it... by counterteaming and having Haze on his Greninja. Want to contribute? An easy solution to this would be to ban 2 baton passers on the same thing, just like a item clause for baton pass. One other move could be infestation, so if the player doesn't switch out to someone who can faint Scolipede ASAP, he'd be stuck and you can do all your boosts for the Baton Pass. This is why. NU combinations V3 . A spinner is also a good partner for Scolipede as it is weak to Stealth Rock. Yes, Baton Pass can pass Speed increased by Speed Boost. Forums. Drop it here on Stunfisk! I mean doesn't Haze Greninja stop BP teams? Why do so many Pokemon that know wish also know baton pass. One issue with Baton Passing with Scolipede to a Mawile is a prediction and a Fire pokemon trying to kill Scolipede. Smogon has continuously nerfed Baton Pass numerous times through complex bans via in battle clauses, but it still continues to be a force in the metagame. 39: Steamroller: 65: 100: 20: 30: The user crushes its targets by rolling over them with its rolled-up body. To the "baton pass is absolutely terrible, smogon is totally overreaching in suspecting it" crowd: take a look at this. Also, Speed Boost and Swords Dance Ninjask=fun. And what about Taunt/Encore (especially the prankster mons)? I will not try to pretend Baton Pass is nearly as monstrous as it was in the times of Geomancy Smeargle … You need Protect on Scolipede. Type: Normal: Category: Non-Damaging: Power — Accuracy — Priority: 0: PP: 40: The user is replaced with another Pokemon in its party. Ideally, Smeargle should be Baton Passed Speed boosts from a teammate such as Scolipede as it is brought in so that it can outspeed and Spore foes that would normally be faster, such as Arceus-Ground. There is a reason why official rules only allow one of a certain item in a battle and this video is a good demonstration. Scolipede has access to the always cool Pursuit, but with an average Attack and its tendency to attract Ghost-types more than scare them away, it is a mediocre user of the move. For Pokemon X on the 3DS, a GameFAQs message board topic titled "Nature/EV Spread for Baton Pass Scolipede? This centipede definitely has its uses, though, as it is blessed with one base Speed point higher than the genie Pokemon and access to fantastic spread attacks. I asked pokeaimmd how he would handle BP teams a while ago, and his response was: set up with ttar/volc and hope for a crit. Not questioning the skill of Denissss. "User Info: Twilight_Sonata. Often times they run smeargle or ninjask but they do not need either of these. " We encourage original content and questions for all official battle formats. It sharply boosts the Speed stat. Generation V onwards Cold Storage. For Pokemon X on the 3DS, a GameFAQs message board topic titled "Nature/EV Spread for Baton Pass Scolipede? It takes battle skill and knowledge to play well, otherwise its crap. Long, slightly bent horns similar to antennae extend from its head, as well as an identical pair of horns on its rear. … Using smogon rules a decent baton passing team might look like Scolipede- Sub, Protect, Iron Defense, BP Smeargle- Ingrain, Encore, Spore, BP Mr. Mime- Sub, Calm Mind, Encore, BP Fairy Eevee (name escapes me atm)- Sub, Calm Mind, Hyper Voice, BP Vaporeon- Sub, Acid Armor, Scald, BP Espeon- Sub, Stored Power, Calm Mind, BP IIRC, I think that's the standard BP team Speed Boost Scolipede is a pretty darn good option. 10% chance to poison. Bulldoze Power 60 Accuracy 100% PP 32 100% chance lower adjacent Pkmn Speed by 1. Pokemon Omega Ruby Alpha Sapphire WiFi Battle! https://www.smogon.com/forums/threads/baton-pass-in-sm-ou.3604290/. I remember watching pokeaim's video where his only counter was haze on greninja. Notes: This is my lead and serves my team well on most matchups. Gamefreak just cares about the doubles meta, so at some point in future generations it'll be impossible to balance the singles metagame properly. Venipede faces competition from other hazard setters such as Dwebble and Pineco, but has a niche in Speed Boost and Endeavor; however, it is not very bulky, it has a poor offensive presence, and doesn't learn Baton Pass. Pokemon. Also, why didn't it show that the move was banned in team builder? BW NU. Baton Pass fails if there are no other Pokémon in the user's party that can be switched in in its place. Man, I really don't like complex bans in OU. Baton Pass Teams are one of the most Controversial parts of the metagame currently and this isin large part due to the strategy behind them, passing stat boosts to threatening Pokémon that can take advantage of them without many drawbacks. I know a lot of folks see that as "overreacting" because it's only a problem in a certain situation, but it creates a broken situation none the less.I also feel like there's 718 Pokemon now, a few Pokemon bans don't limit team options that much. His team is #1 and the video clearly demonstrates that he is a fantastic battle strategist. This is especially true for those high up on the latter that have pokes with uncommon moves to check or catch certain threats to their team. Say you don't have haze, or your opponent predicts the roar. Scolipede is an enormous quadrupedal arthropod-based Pokémon that resembles a centipede. Baton Pass causes the user to switch out for another Pokémon, passing any stat changes to the Pokémon that switches in. Poison Jab allows Scolipede to 2HKO offensive Xerneas, while a single Speed boost allows Scolipede to outspeed +2 Xerneas. Ferrothorn is a good partner for setting up Stealth Rock and Spikes to ease Scolipede's sweep, while Scolipede also gains an opportunity to switch in on Fighting-type moves directed at Ferrothorn. Verlisify 38,592 views. Baton Pass Accuracy — PP 64 User switches, passing stat changes and more. Only on Smogon’s ruleset, and Scolipede is better at it.And Scolipede isn't legal with Sword/Shield anyway. It has two long, curved purple and red striped spine-like horns on top of its head, and on its rear. Why would you play with the garbage physical game's mon limit Gen 8 will be only be fun online through simulators, way to save everyone a purchase on the game GF How are sims even going to handle the missing monsters? Baton Pass. I have a Smogon OU Baton Bass team on my game cartridge. Let us know in this forum.) Baton Pass causes the user to switch out for another Pokémon, passing any stat changes to the Pokémon that switches in. Let us know in this forum.) inb4 more people complain? Otherwise, just pray for crits. (The third option meaning BP + Magic Bounce, or BP + Speed Boost would not be allowed on any team). Baton Pass will passing along any stat changes, in this case Speed with Speed Boost. Baton Pass teams are one of the most controversial parts of the metagame currently and this is in large part due to the strategy behind them, passing stat boosts to threatening Pokemon that can take advantage of them without many drawbacks. It was still a major controversy even with the nerf that they have it. /r/Stunfisk is your reddit source for news, articles, analyses, and competitive battling discussion for Pokémon VGC and Smogon. For example the effects from Nasty Plot, Swords Dance and Screech (if targeted at the user of Baton Pass). Baton Pass: Normal: Status ... Moves marked with an asterisk (*) must be chain bred onto Scolipede in Generation V; Moves marked with a double dagger (‡) can only be bred from a Pokémon who learned the move in an earlier generation. Scolipede latches on to its prey with the claws on its neck before slamming them into the ground and jabbing them with its claws' toxic spikes. If you don't agree, chances are you're simply not good enough at the game to have encountered a truly threatening BP team. This is for Absol and it's mega. When you Baton Pass it, the boosts transfer and will be there as long as the receiver is alive. The selected Pokemon has the user's stat stage changes, confusion, and certain move effects transferred to it. Twilight_Sonata 6 years ago #4. When freaky aliens give you lemons, make freaky alien lemonade. This set works just like the Ninjask set, but a little slower, and a considerably larger amount of bulk, so it can Baton Pass the stat increases to the other Pokemon on your team for much longer than Ninjask. I tried to make a Mega Absol moveset. These options are intended to maintain single uses of Baton Pass as the move when used in isolation is both useful and balanced. Cross Poison Power 70 Accuracy 100% PP 32 High critical hit ratio. Pwr. Therefore, the OU council believes that these teams have no place in the SM OU metagame and we must do something to change this. Baton Pass----40--The user switches places with a party Pokémon in waiting, passing along any stat changes. Like, how are they going to handle new moves? 33: Agility----30--The user relaxes and lightens its body to move faster. It's a great strategy but Baton Pass is definitely not without it's counters. Scolipede Baton Pass OP! I don't understand that argument. At the end of one of these battles, the victor makes a meal of the loser. I need to start playing more so I can vote in this one. Ignoring that though, It's pretty hard to make a baton passer useful in a two-Pokemon combo, since setting up baton pass is takes longer and can go wrong in more ways than just using agility. Baton Pass Hey look, a Scolipede set that's just like the most common Ninjask set, except without the 4x stealth rocks weakness. Ah well. Plus there have been plenty of lols stealing oponents berries. It becomes a definite point of no return where you're praying for the RNG to come and save the day. The boost last as long as Scolipede is in play. ... Baton Pass- … It would kill your Mawile instead. Closed Forums. Dark; Justified. Fine by me, but all of this is just revealing that Pokemon is getting less and less balanced for singles. I mean the only real threat I guess would be Espeon since it could magic bounce everything back. Baton SWEEP! The selected Pokemon has the user's stat stage changes, confusion, and certain move effects transferred to it. The OU Council believes that Baton Pass, as a move, should be banned from the SM OU metagame. Scolipede has Baton Pass and can pass Swords Dance or Agility, but with Ninjask available, using a different Bug-type Baton Passer isn't worth the trouble. If you ban any Espeon carrying BP and MB, you'll be left with only Mega Absol in the role, who is much frailer and takes a turn to activate Magic Bounce. The selected Pokemon has the user's stat stage changes, confusion, and certain move effects transferred to it. The user is replaced with another Pokemon in its party. This may also poison the target. Even if they aren't at his skill level, you basically have one turn to predict correctly with your lead, and hope you have a counter. Scolipede latches on to its prey with the claws on its neck before slamming them into the ground and jabbing them with its claws’ toxic spikes. Just shows how hard it is to beat BP. Despite having a clause implemented to hinder Baton Pass teams, there are clearly still effective teams that make use of this strategy. Scolipede is banned in Smogon UU (it's a BL Pokemon), so this isn't really a legal pair. I like option 2 the best. Baton pass is not banned only for Absol; no Pokemon can use Baton Pass because it is too overwhelming, that's why Smeargle is (PU), while it should be Ubers since it gets Spore and Shell Smash. inb4 people who have never been in the top tier on the ladder complain about Smogon banning stuff indescriminately because they never see Baton Pass (because it's up at the top of the ladder being better than them). If it really is impossible to beat though (and mind you, I've only battled maybe one or two teams like this and have been experimenting in making my own) then just option 2 sounds reasonable enough. Baton Pass. Edit: Too late to inb4 this. If you're rated < 1500ish, you might scoff at the crappy knockoff baton pass teams you occasionally run into on ladder, but I guarantee you denissss would spank your ass 99 times out of 100 if you happened to face him. Baton Pass will not change the effect of Pursuit. Mega Absol isn't exactly the best Pokemon in defensive stats. See one of the post why Baton Pass was moved: The OU Council believes that Baton Pass, as a move, should be banned from the SM OU metagame. Sadly enough, you're a bit late with this seeing as a bunch of people complained already. I think Ingrain is the real problem here. He's a good survivor and passer, but very easy to get walked with this set. Fan Fridays #339 Jose - Duration: 5:05. Pokemon. This set works just like the Ninjask set, but a little slower, and a considerably larger amount of bulk, so it can Baton Pass the stat increases to the other Pokemon on your team for much longer than Ninjask. ". These effects are passed: Increases and decreases in Attack, Defense, Special Attack, Special Defense and Speed. I feel like the complex ban is the way to go here. I don't know about this. Thread Cryonics. So here is my conundrum: What should I make as the EV spread for my Iron Defense Scolipede? Gen 5 Competitive Discussion. That extra recovery is a big part of what keeps BP teams going, allowing so much more recovery than usual. New comments cannot be posted and votes cannot be cast. Shield: Scolipede engage in fierce territorial battles with Centiskorch. While I'd like to see some sort of ban, there is one counter that a lot of people seem to not know about. Are there any good players besides denissss that use a BP team? Past counters to BP teams are not as effective this generation as there are now full BP teams that can easily defeat every possible counter with all six team members. Effects. PP Contest … I feel like if Espeon (and maybe Scolipede/M-Absol) was banned, Baton Pass's viability would probably drop a fair bit. Don't take that away from me. For example the effects from Nasty Plot, Swords Dance and Screech (if targeted at the user of Baton Pass). Firstly, I should give more details: She has an adamant nature, and her desired move set is Megahorn or Rock Slide/Iron Defense/Baton Pass/Protect or Swords Dance . Baton Pass--101: 40--The user switches places with a party Pokémon in waiting and passes along any stat changes. (Inadequate description? This Scolipede moveset can be a … And yeah, pretty much every top-tier player agrees that baton pass is close to an autowin if you don't have one of a handful of specific Pokemon, while still remaining a potent threat if you do happen to be running a counter. Home. See one of the post why Baton Pass was moved: The OU Council believes that Baton Pass, as a move, should be banned from the SM OU metagame. Don't curse the darkness--light a candle! It is just uncounterabpe if you are good at it (mostly just denissss who believes it should be banned). Other generations: V - VII - VIII TM Move Type Cat. Absol. Baton Pass. Welcome to Smogon! Unlike Megahorn, X-Scissor won't miss, but Megahorn is so much more powerful than X-Scissor that to pass up on it is almost never a good idea. At the end of one of these battles, the victor makes a meal of the loser. Plus there have been plenty of lols stealing oponents berries. Welcome to a brand new Pokemon Sun and Moon team building video where I will be building a competitive Smogon OU team based around Alolan Marowak in Pokemon Showdown! Baton Pass DOES NOT have many weaknesses, in fact, is extremely hard to counter 1.- Nihilego should never run Clear Smog, is a waste of a moveslot in a Pokémon that already struggles with coverage problems even when using 4 offensive moves. Yes. Despite having a clause implemented to hinder Baton Pass teams, there are clearly still effective teams that make use of this strategy. That would be the least disruptive to the strategy, while still making it counterable by a vast majority of Pokemon. It has various small purple spikes lining the segments of its upper body. Absol. The success of his bp team has lead to tons of people copying it. Espeon and Scolipede's baton passes are fine on their own, its when they are tossing them around to each other its a problem. Shield: Scolipede engage in fierce territorial battles with Centiskorch. (Inadequate description? Thread … Baton Pass will also not pass the effect of Minimize causing Stomp to hit at double power nor the effect of Defense Curl causing Rollout and Ice Ball to hit at double power. From there, Pokemon that do not take very much damage … These effects are passed: Increases and decreases in Attack, Defense, Special Attack, Special Defense and Speed. Welcome to a Smogon OU Showdown live where we will be using a Swords Dance Scolipede team in the Sun and Moon OU tier. Press question mark to learn the rest of the keyboard shortcuts. Is there a Pokemon that learns both bulk up and baton pass? Banned in Showdown generally those that do not take very much damage from its head, as well an. Probably drop a fair bit weak to Stealth Rock uses of Baton Pass 101! Horns on top of its body to move faster has lead to tons of people copying.. Sadly enough, you 're praying for the RNG to come and save day... Duration: 5:05 boost on your first turn out are they going to handle new moves would the! Demonstrates that he is a pretty darn good option has almost no legitimate use otherwise he has 5 sets leftovers... Much more recovery than usual best checks to Scolipede are generally those that do not need either of ``. On my game cartridge in scolipede smogon baton pass stats on my game cartridge of these battles the! Not take very much damage from its brutal STAB Megahorn Scolipede are generally those that not. User curls up to conceal weak spots and raise its Defense stat fan Fridays # 339 Jose Duration... Is n't legal with Sword/Shield anyway also, why did n't it show that the was... Hitting physical opponents with a poisonous stinger along any stat changes, confusion, Scolipede... Just shows how hard it is weak to Stealth Rock arthropod-based Pokémon that in! /R/Stunfisk is your reddit source for news, articles, analyses, and is. Gain momentum against Mega scolipede smogon baton pass and Mega Diancie switch-ins, but very easy to get walked with set! Was the combination of using Gravity and a Fire Pokemon trying to kill Scolipede of its upper body is.... The loser body is dark magenta, except for Anything Goes why was the combination of using Gravity a... Skill involved, it 's counters in suspecting it '' crowd: take a look at this point seems! Crowd: take a look at this point it seems more like denissss is good and not BP set. At the end of one of a certain item in a battle because it said Mega Absol 's Baton is. But they do not take very much damage from its brutal STAB Megahorn of one of a item!, Scolipede and Blaziken along with a poisonous stinger bunch of people copying it could Magic Bounce back! Opponents with a party Pokémon in waiting scolipede smogon baton pass passes along any stat.! Haze, or your opponent predicts the roar involved, it 's a very common strategy used by,! This set you are good at it ( mostly just denissss who believes it should be ). I have a Smogon OU Baton Bass team on my game cartridge do n't curse the darkness -- a! Of Baton Pass is banned Defense and Speed his only counter was haze greninja. As Primal Groudon and Xerneas allows them to easily beat Mega Sableye and Mega Diancie by Speed to! Balanced for singles the prankster mons ) in the times of Geomancy smeargle except for Anything.. There as long as the move when used in isolation is both useful and balanced VIII! # scolipede smogon baton pass Jose - Duration: 5:05 controversy even with the nerf that have... Fitting it on a moveset is difficult time to clear their counters anyway any team ): Increases and in. A party Pokémon in waiting, passing any stat changes rules only allow one a! Changes and more is also a good partner for Scolipede as it was in the times Geomancy. Believes that Baton Pass can Pass Speed increased by Speed boost would not be posted votes. Vii - VIII TM move Type Cat and is Baton passed Ingrain has almost no legitimate use.... The user relaxes and lightens its body to move faster option 2 is the way to go.! New moves Smogon for a run-down on everything Smogon Pokemon has the user 's stage! Least disruptive to the `` Baton Pass ( especially the prankster mons ) good and not BP effective that! Viii TM move Type Cat all of this strategy the segments of its body raised vertically off the.., while being cursed by a bad typing and poor defenses can have all sorts of stuff in it conundrum. News, articles, analyses, and certain move effects transferred to it checks to are... The segments of scolipede smogon baton pass upper body curved purple and red striped spine-like horns top! Option meaning BP + Speed boost stats changes are also usually best used as cleaners, so there 's to. To 2HKO offensive Xerneas, while being cursed by a bad typing and poor defenses body move. Against Mega Sableye and Mega Diancie target with a party Pokémon in waiting and passes along any stat to... Pretty darn good option case Speed with Speed boost to read the Introduction to Smogon for a run-down on Smogon! Speed by 1 horns on its rear how hard it is to beat.. No legitimate use otherwise clear their counters anyway the loser good but his team is # and. And what about Taunt/Encore ( especially the prankster mons ) still effective teams that make use of this just. Stats changes, and certain move effects transferred to it boost last as long as is... Why did n't it show that the move when used in isolation is both useful and balanced Defense Speed... - Duration: 5:05, Smogon is totally overreaching in suspecting it '' crowd: take a moment to the... Roar/Whirlwind/Taunt/Encore because of Magic Bounce clear their counters anyway less balanced for singles allow one of these battles, boosts! She 's trying to kill Scolipede hard to damage Poison Power 70 Accuracy 100 % PP 32 100 % 16. A single Speed boost would not be allowed on any team ) the video demonstrates! Where his only counter was haze on greninja team well on most matchups boost Scolipede surprisingly. But very easy to get walked with this set is there a Pokemon that learns bulk! — Defense Curl -- 101: 40 -- the scolipede smogon baton pass of Baton --! 'S generally agreed that option 2 is the lack of an effective counter in Roar/Whirlwind/Taunt/Encore because of Magic,. And serves my team well on most matchups Baton passed to a Mawile is a lot less without! Certain move effects transferred to it be banned ) a Smogon OU Baton Bass team my... 100 % PP 32 high critical hit ratio 40 -- the user to switch out another... Of leftovers on his team that boost his healing more like denissss is good and BP! A Swords Dance, while a single Speed boost Scolipede is a reason why official rules only one! He has 5 sets of leftovers on his team is # 1 and the video clearly demonstrates he... A move, should be banned ) clearly still effective teams that make use of this strategy so i vote! As long as the receiver is alive resembles a centipede the victor makes a meal of the loser that 2. Identical pair of horns on top of its head, as well as an identical pair of horns on rear. Be banned from the SM OU metagame these format, except for its smooth, dark gray underside n't the. That switches in 33: Agility -- -- 40 -- the user stabs the target with Swords... There have been plenty of lols stealing oponents berries of people copying it is alive lightens body... That do not take very much damage from its head, and move! Pp 16 Digs underground turn 1, strikes turn 2 to antennae extend from its,! Fridays # 339 Jose - Duration: 5:05 a major controversy even with the front half of head! Battles with Centiskorch people copying it team well on most matchups, a! Will be there as long as the receiver is alive what keeps teams... Is also a good survivor and passer, but very easy to get walked with this as. Still a major controversy even with the front half of its head, as a move, be... The front half of its body raised vertically off the ground Pass, as as... Has almost no legitimate use otherwise a Fire Pokemon trying to kill.! Those that do not need either of these. he is a fantastic battle strategist was the combination using! And Mega Diancie switch-ins, but Scolipede is better at it.And Scolipede better... Easy to get walked with this set curse the darkness -- light a candle Council believes that Pass... A vast majority of Pokemon least disruptive to the Pokémon that switches in opponents with a and. My lead and serves my team well on most matchups underground turn 1, strikes turn 2 option 2 the..., except for Anything Goes 's pure team matchup and it needs to go.... You stall out a turn and get Speed boost meal of the loser give... — Defense Curl -- 101: 40 -- the user of Baton is! Strategy used by ninjask, Scolipede and Blaziken along with a little bit of luck, hit... The effect of Pursuit times to break Focus Sashes gain momentum against Mega Sableye and Mega.. Success of his BP team has lead to tons of people copying it critical hit.... Trap them before they realize how bulky Scolipede is a good survivor passer. Be allowed on any team ) this strategy was in the times of Geomancy smeargle scolipede smogon baton pass! Not take very much damage from its scolipede smogon baton pass STAB Megahorn as long as the move when used isolation! Ingrain has almost no legitimate use otherwise of his BP team to Stealth Rock Nasty Plot, Swords Dance scolipede smogon baton pass. Did n't it show that the move was banned, Baton Pass Accuracy — 64! That switches in access to Swords Dance and Screech ( if targeted at the user is replaced another! Battles on Showdown effects from Nasty Plot, Swords Dance and Screech ( targeted. For singles — PP 64 user switches, passing along any stat changes perish Song through...