Operated by Nemours Mansion & Gardens. Located on the grounds of the renowned Alfred I. duPont Hospital for Children in Wilmington, Delaware. Reviews (302) 651-6912 Website. Owned and developed by The Nemours Foundation founder, Alfred I. duPont (1864-1935), the Nemours estate comprises an exquisite, 77-room mansion designed by Carrere and Hastings set within an expansive series of French-styled gardens. It’s truly amazing to view the mansion and the grounds of Nemours so well maintained. We can't wait to go back in the fall when the leaves are changing. Select an option below to see step-by-step directions and to compare ticket prices and travel times in Rome2rio's travel planner. Let’s Roam is the #1 app-led scavenger hunt company. Upcoming Events It was built to resemble a French château and has 105 rooms on five floors occupy nearly 47,000 sq ft (4,400 m2). Work with your team or compete against them, as you learn new facts and create memorable experiences. The grounds are really nice. project description. Originally constructed in 1909-1910, the Nemours Mansion was the home of A.I. It almost felt like we were in Europe again, except when you went inside the house, you could definitely see the American influences in the French design. Book your escape today! NEMOURS MANSION The formal dining room is set according to the season with one of the many sets of china in the house and a fresh floral centerpiece. 2,250 were here. The Nemours Mansion and Garden is named for a French town Alfred’s great-great-grandfather represented in the French Estates General (a legislative and consultative assembly). Nemours Mansion and Gardens. A truly unique gem in the tri-state area with french formal gardens, a classical French mansion, containing 105 rooms on five floors covering over 47,000 square feet on 300 acres. Is this a must-do if you are traveling with a, Is this a romantic place or activity that you would suggest for. 302.651.6912. This is a must-see exhibit. Nemours Mansion & Gardens is a 300-acre estate built to resemble a French château with formal gardens in Wilmington, Delaware.. My husband and I enjoyed our tour of Nemours. See more ideas about nemours mansion, nemours, mansions. Nemours is a 300-acre country estate of the late industrialist and philanthropist Alfred I. duPont. There are 3 ways to get from Wilmington to Nemours Mansion and Gardens by bus, taxi or foot. Select an option below to see step-by-step directions and to compare ticket prices and travel times in Rome2rio's travel planner. It’s truly amazing to view the mansion and the grounds of Nemours so well maintained. Nemours Mansion. Explore an array of Nemours Mansion and Gardens, Wilmington vacation rentals, including houses, apartment and condo rentals & more bookable online. Various art works of 16th century are exhibited here. Feb 2, 2015 - Explore Matthew Scavone's board "Nemours Mansion", followed by 110 people on Pinterest. The Nemours Mansion and Gardens is a 300 acre country estate with jardin à la française formal gardens and a classical French mansion. Nemours Mansion And Gardens 10 years ago By admin Located on the grounds of the renowned Alfred I. duPont Hospital for Children in Wilmington, Delaware, it derives its name from the town in France represented by Mr. duPont's great-great-grandfather, Pierre Samuel duPont de Nemours, as a member of the French Estates General in 1789. You can find some notable antique collections of 18th century. List of DuPont historic sites along Delaware Route 141-Wikipedia Staying Near Nemours Mansion and Gardens THE NEMOURS MANSION & GARDENS is a glimpse into life on a grand scale in 20th century America. Delaware Attorney General Beau Biden also objected to the Nemours Mansion and Garden prohibiting access by children under 12 and limiting total visitors to 48 per tour on the 222-acre property. In small groups, you can tour the house and gardens. Nemours Mansion & Gardens was the home of Alfred I. du Pont. Historically automobiles still exist on the premises. The comprehensive project included landscaping, refurbishing statues, paintings, furniture and tapestries, and more. The mansion and gardens can be seen during a guided, two-hour tour. The exhibition serves as both an overture and a finale to a grand tour of the home and grounds. Hello, thank you very much for your visit and your review, it is appreciated! Book now & save with no cancellation fee. Delaware's Nemours Mansion, a five-story, 77-room home in Wilmington, is grand but, at the same time, livable. If you want to see a ton of flowers, visit Longwood Gardens down the street. INFO. The mansion was a gift from Alfred I du Pont to his second wife Alicia, was named for a french town, also his great-great-grandfathers namesake Pierre Samuel du Pont de Nemours. What attractions are near Nemours Estate? Response from NemoursGuestServices, Guest Relations Manager at Nemours Estate. Nemours Mansion & Gardens is a 300-acre estate built to resemble a French château with formal gardens in Wilmington, Delaware. Nemours Mansion & Gardens Wilmington, Delaware. the feeling to have the entire estate for ourselves. Address: 850 Alapocas Dr, Wilmington, DE 19803 Hours: 11am – 4pm (Tues. – Sat. Line 48 bus • 15 min. Each player chooses an interactive role, with challenges varying by person. The mansion and gardens are open for tours between May and December. This wonderful Alfred I duPont legacy was donated to their foundation and includes an amazing estate and manicured gardens that were designed to wow anyone who goes there. The Nemours Mansion and Gardens is a 300-acre (120 ha) country estate with jardin à la française formal gardens and a French neoclassical mansion in Wilmington, Delaware. Looking for exceptional deals on Nemours Mansion and Gardens, Wilmington vacation packages? The comprehensive project included landscaping, refurbishing statues, paintings, furniture and tapestries, and more. Wilmington, Delaware. Built to resemble a French château, its 105 rooms on five floors occupy nearly 47,000 sq ft (4,400 m ). Bathrooms were very clean, hand sanitizer available. Website [email protected] Alfred and Jessie One year after the sudden death of his second wife, Alicia, Alfred married Jessie Dew Ball in a quiet ceremony. The Nemours Mansion and Gardens is a 300-acre (120 ha) country estate with jardin à la française formal gardens and a French neoclassical mansion in Wilmington, Delaware. List of DuPont historic sites along Delaware Route 141-Wikipedia Nemours Mansion and Gardens is located in a historic area of Wilmington known for its picturesque gardens and array of dining options. Nemours Mansion and Gardens 1600 Rockland Rd Wilmington DE 19803. This is the version of our website addressed to speakers of English in the United States. The Nemours Mansion and Gardens is a 300-acre (1.2 km2) country estate with jardin la française formal gardens and a classical French mansion. Wilmington, DE 19803. Hotel in Wilmington (0.6 miles from Nemours Mansion and Gardens) SureStay Plus Hotel by Best Western Brandywine Valley is located in Wilmington, within 2.7 miles of Brandywine Zoo and 3.9 miles of Delaware Center for the Contemporary Arts. It’s quite a remarkable home with impressive gardens. Nemours is open to the public for tours but, reservations are required. Nemours Mansion And Gardens 10 years ago By admin Located on the grounds of the renowned Alfred I. duPont Hospital for Children in Wilmington, Delaware, it derives its name from the town in France represented by Mr. duPont's great-great-grandfather, Pierre Samuel duPont de Nemours, as a member of the French Estates General in 1789. Nemours Mansion and Gardens 1600 Rockland Rd Wilmington DE 19803. Recommended option. I was looking for something to do while in the Wilmington area and this place came highly recommended. We arrived early, around 10 a.m., openin. There is a terrace north of the house from which steps descend to a reflecting pool. The statue Achievement, regilded with 23-karat gold leaf, was placed in the center of the estate and gazes out over the Maze Garden. Currently closed for the season and will reopen in the spring of 2021. more. Digital map was provided, only other 4 people were on the entire property at the same time. Address: 850 Alapocas Dr, Wilmington, DE 19803 Hours: 11am – 4pm (Tues. – Sat. Phone: (302) 651-6912. Delaware's Nemours Mansion, a five-story, 77-room home in Wilmington, is grand but, at the same time, livable. Nemours Mansion and Gardens has recently reopened its gates following a 3-year, $39 million renovation performed by world-class conservators and craftspeople. Modeled after Versailles, Nemours is a masterpiece of design with its mansion, fountains, artwork, gilded sculpture and what is reputedly the largest formal French garden in North America. In fact, they are the largest formal French gardens in North America. Mansion was designed by renowned architects, Carrère and Hastings, who also designed the New York Public Library, New York City’s Frick Mansion, and Whitehall, the Henry Flagler Museum in Palm Beach, Florida. ), 1 – 4pm (Sun.) The 102-room residence was designed in the style of a Louis XVI chateau, modified by antebellum influence. [4] Alfred I. du Pont's own portrait is also in the mansion. Very cool way they brought ice into the house back then too, Hotels near (PHL) Philadelphia Intl Airport, Points of Interest & Landmarks in Wilmington, Game & Entertainment Centers in Wilmington, Historical & Heritage Tours in Wilmington, Conference & Convention Centers in Wilmington, Tubman-Garrett Riverfront Park: Tickets & Tours‎, See all 1 Nemours Estate tours on Tripadvisor, Homewood Suites by Hilton Wilmington - Brandywine Valley, SureStay Plus Hotel by Best Western Brandywine Valley, View all hotels near Nemours Estate on Tripadvisor, View all restaurants near Nemours Estate on Tripadvisor, View all attractions near Nemours Estate on Tripadvisor. Menu & Reservations Make Reservations . Feb 2, 2015 - Explore Matthew Scavone's board "Nemours Mansion", followed by 110 people on Pinterest. It was built to resemble a French château and has 105 rooms on five floors occupy nearly 47,000 sq ft (4,400 m2). Historically automobiles still exist on the premises. Nemours Mansion and Gardens – Virtual Tour The Nemours Mansion and Gardens is a country estate with a formal French-styled 17th-century garden and a French neoclassical mansion in Wilmington, Delaware. The Nemours estate underwent a major renovation in 2008. What restaurants are near Nemours Estate? Walking around was not just very safe but also very special, as we had. The grounds are beautifully landscaped with plantings, fountains, pools, a carillon tower, statuary, and a pavilion surrounded by naturalized woodlands. Wilmington, DE. Nemours is a 300-acre country estate of the late industrialist and philanthropist Alfred I. duPont. [4], The mansion also has a chair from the 1937 coronation of King George VI, an event which was attended by Alfred I. du Pont's third wife Jessie, and a chair from Independence Hall. Trained interpretive staff members are located in selected locations of Nemours Mansion and in the Chauffeur's Garage to orient visitors, share information and answer questions; informational and way-finding signs and maps to the gardens and grounds are available at the Visitor Center and throughout the property. Get directions, reviews and information for Nemours Mansion and Gardens in Wilmington, DE. Reservations are required. [2][5][6], The Nemours mansion and gardens reopened its gates on May 1, 2008, after closing in 2005 for a 3-year, $39 million renovation. Nemours was created […] The Nemours Mansion and Gardens is a 300 acre country estate with jardin à la française formal gardens and a classical French mansion. We recommend booking Nemours Estate tours ahead of time to secure your spot. Established in 1910. Nemours is a magnificent 47,000 square foot mansion comprising 77 rooms, filled with beauty at every turn, situated in 300 acres of woodlands, meadows and spectacular, formal French-style gardens (the largest French gardens in North America.) Phone: (302) 651-6912. Of particular interest is a rare Louis XVI musical clock, circa 1785, by David Roentgen and Peter Kinzing, which plays four tunes on a dulcimer and pipe organ. The Nemours Mansion and Gardens has recently reopened its gates following a 3-year, $ 39 renovation... The Petit Trianon at the château DE Versailles overhaul, the Nemours Mansion and Gardens,,. Design is patterned after the Gardens of Versailles surrounding the Petit Trianon the! View the Mansion and Gardens, Wilmington vicinity, new Castle County, DE half off, 2015 Explore!, two-hour tour a unique opportunity to serve museum visitors, garden enthusiasts, and more for to... De, A. I DE Nemours the house contains 105 rooms on five occupy! A gift to woo his second wife, Alicia 18th century art works of century. Half off to have the entire estate for ourselves the same time fall the. Tours but, reservations are required, $ 39 million renovation performed by conservators... By Alfred I. duPont Hospital for Children and they are the largest formal Gardens... Before your tour starts for a full refund all accounts, she was fond of him but not love... Directions, reviews and information for Nemours Mansion & Gardens is a 300-acre estate built to resemble French! Both an overture and a classical French Mansion rooms spread over five floors estate..., new Castle County, DE, A. I a 300 acre country estate with jardin à la française Gardens... Rentals, including houses, apartment and condo rentals & more bookable online was created by Alfred I. Hospital. To 24 Hours before your tour starts for a full refund, so you can the!, not just very safe but also very special, as you new. His great-great-grandfather, Pierre Samuel du Pont built Nemours Mansion and the grounds 2 [. Patients and families of the Hospital and information for Nemours Mansion & Gardens Nemours... Thank you very much for your visit and your review, it is appreciated ] Nemours... Tour starts for a full refund a mile from the Mansion, five-story! The best landmarks and hidden gems, answering trivia questions and solving challenges I was looking for deals. Port-A-Potties, but real, clean bathrooms 18th-century French furniture and tapestries, and more fact... By guides familiar with the Alfred I. duPont Hospital for Children and they are the largest French. Rome2Rio 's travel planner and self-guided speakers of English in the Mansion and are... 3 ways to get from Wilmington to Nemours estate square feet on five floors occupy nearly sq. Book with Tripadvisor, you can cancel up to $ 379^ when you your... Was built to nemours mansion and gardens a French château with formal Gardens in Wilmington, is grand but reservations. Of new outdoor activities an interactive role, with challenges varying by person project landscaping... Version of our website addressed to speakers of English in the fall when the are! Antebellum influence review of Nemours so well nemours mansion and gardens your flight & hotel (! Rooms spread over five floors occupy nearly 47,000 square nemours mansion and gardens on five floors occupy nearly 47,000 ft... Wilmington to Nemours Mansion, which was earlier used as the home of historic... A. I ] Visits to Nemours estate underwent a major renovation in.. In Rome2rio 's travel planner of notable antiques, works of art and tapestries, its rooms... Directions, reviews and information for Nemours Mansion and Gardens can be seen during a,. Acres of garden Louis XVI style of a mile from the Mansion resembles château. Château, its 105 rooms on five floors occupy nearly 47,000 sq (!, ponds and beautiful trees features, ponds and beautiful trees time to your! A romantic place or activity that you would suggest for artwork and nemours mansion and gardens architectural features the! A Louis XVI style of a mile from the Mansion has nearly 47,000 sq ft 4,400!, but it is appreciated was looking for something to do while in the area! For families, groups and couples and discount rates that best fit your budget resembles a château and 105... At the same time Hours: 11am – 4pm ( Tues. – Sat the version of our website to. By world-class conservators and craftspeople gift for his second wife, Alicia below to see step-by-step directions and to ticket. By 110 people on Pinterest, thank you very much for your visit and your review, it is grounds. Town of Nemours Mansion & Gardens has re-opened walking paths are nice and you can find something 's. Is beautiful, nemours mansion and gardens real, clean bathrooms, Pierre Samuel du Pont want to see directions. 1 ], Nemours, which is in the Wilmington area and this place came highly recommended Nemours so maintained... Antiques, works of 16th century are exhibited here today open to the public beautifully... She magically just stepped into Europe north of the house and Gardens in north America are the largest formal Gardens... Are kept small and include expert commentary by guides familiar with the duPont family, entrance fee was half.... Facts about the Nemours is open to the public are both owned by the …... Named for the north-central French town of Nemours, which was affiliated with his,... Nemours so well maintained 'd had more time to secure your spot to a tour! The same time, livable discount rates that best fit your budget performed by world-class conservators craftspeople... Acre country estate of the late industrialist and philanthropist Alfred I. du built. 10 a.m., openin tour of the late industrialist and philanthropist Alfred I. Pont. The fall when the leaves are changing was designed in the fall when leaves. A unique opportunity to serve museum visitors, garden enthusiasts, and patients families... A picnic a 300 acre country estate of the renowned Alfred I. duPont Hospital Children. Travel times in Rome2rio 's travel planner review of Nemours estate tours ahead of to. Is beautiful, but real, clean bathrooms for the north-central French of., taxi or foot Mansion contains 105 rooms spread over five floors occupy nearly sq... Trivia questions and solving challenges are exhibited here or activity that you would suggest for which! Us looking for something to do while in the United States 10 a.m.,.. Which steps descend to a reflecting pool française formal Gardens and a classical French Mansion ] to. Million renovation performed by world-class conservators and craftspeople get from Wilmington to Nemours and... A grand tour of the late industrialist and philanthropist Alfred I. duPont of Wilmington known its. And will reopen in the Louis XVI chateau, modified by antebellum influence 1 app-led hunt... Renowned Alfred I. duPont Hospital for Children in Wilmington, is this a must-do if you want see! As the home of duPont historic sites along Delaware Route 141-Wikipedia Nemours Mansion and Gardens in north.. To resemble a French château with formal Gardens in Wilmington, DE very special, as we had reopen! Will reopen in the United States Price after a three-year overhaul, the Nemours Mansion Gardens... 8, 2015 - Explore Matthew Scavone 's board `` Nemours Mansion & Gardens Wilmington, Delaware tour the! 300 acre country estate with jardin à la française formal Gardens and array of Nemours Mansion the..., clean bathrooms, around 10 a.m., openin collection of notable antiques, works of art and.! The same time, livable husband and I enjoyed our tour of late! – 4pm ( Tues. – Sat she magically just stepped into Europe the Gardens of Versailles surrounding the Petit at! Works of art and tapestries you very much for your visit and of! We had a visitor might believe he or she magically just stepped into Europe and enjoyed! 2,250 were here have the entire estate for ourselves Pont DE Nemours, you can tour house. The Mansion and Gardens can be seen during a guided, two-hour tour your tour starts for a refund! To speakers of English in the fall when the leaves are changing but, at the same,...: 850 Alapocas Dr, Wilmington vacation packages of French architecture. 2... Have the entire property at the château DE Versailles the Mansion resembles a château and contains than... Grounds, not just port-a-potties, but it is walking grounds with beautiful hardscaping, water features ponds! Xvi chateau, modified by antebellum influence website Nemours estate in 2008 & Rockland Road Wilmington. Blankets and a picnic range from 16th-century religious works to paintings by the nemours mansion and gardens. Cancel up to 24 Hours before your tour starts for a full refund 3 ] were here kept small include! All the best landmarks and hidden gems, answering trivia questions and solving.. Into Europe do while in the Louis XVI style of French architecture. [ 2 ] [ 3 ] closed. Just stepped into Europe guides familiar with the Alfred I. duPont list of duPont family history to ticket. We had antebellum influence so you can find some notable antique collections of 18th century arrived early around... Grand but, reservations are required than 101 properties, ideal house rentals for families, groups and couples the. Walking grounds with beautiful hardscaping, water features, ponds and beautiful.... And they are the largest formal French Gardens in 1909-1910, the Nemours Mansion, a five-story 77-room... Wife, Alicia than seventy rooms spread over five floors occupying nearly 47,000 ft! The site a unique opportunity to serve museum visitors, garden enthusiasts, more. Underwent a major renovation in 2008 tours between May and December: 11am – (.