Wow some crazy info in here. Best Match. bring on the ase engineers! Temperature: -30~200°C. I need something heavier than 7wt BMW fork oil. I have found that the aftermarket oil temperature gauge/dipstick for Yamaha SR/XT 500s fits the F-650 perfectly and the dipstick mark is even correct. I didn't want to continually dick around with fork oil height and weight and their system did the trick. I've heard things like automatic transmission fluid, and synthetic motor oil. Lv 5. AS it ages, its efficacy diminishes over time. I use fork oil in the motor and motor oil in the forks. For some reason the bike runs funny. Motorcycle Fork Oil; Skip to page navigation. Compare Refine. Using Spectro fork oils for as a comparison, you can see that Mobile 1 Synthetic ATF equates to roughly a weight of roughly 11W fork oil. does anyone use anything other than "fork oil" in their forks? I assume damping is linear with viscosity but I'm not a mechanical engineer, so I am not sure. I am doing a service/upgrade on my front forks and cannot find "fork oil"..Is there another type of oil that I can use that will work and in what weight would be suitable??? BTW, if you decide to use fork oil you can mix any of the different weights of Bel-Ray Fork Oil to fine tune the forks from very light to very heavy or anywhere in between to suit your particular riding style, weight, etc. I have had a gallon of NON-detergent 15 wgt motor oil for 30 years. Most suspension units use approximately a 5Wt (SAE). IS FORK OIL AN OIL OR A FLUID? That’s why my thought was 10W40 engine oil, cos at least whilst it’s cool it has a similar viscosity to 10W fork oil. but in my 00 cr250 i was thinking about swaping the fork oil and gear box oil to AFT, just because i am tunring into a cheap C**T. And bel-ray gear oil is $15 a quart up here in canada. I just replaced my fork springs with Wilbers and they recommend 7.5wt fork oil. Share this post. I think the bel-ray fork oil is close to 20 bucks a quart. I use fork oil in the motor and motor oil in the forks. Filter (1) Motorcycle Fork Oil. Is it worth it to buy Bajaj Pulsar 150 in 2018? Once the fork seals begin to leak, the fork oil can get on the front brakes resulting in a very dangerous riding condition. Favorite Answer. Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation. Cost around $150. 2. Been using it forever. Price + postage: lowest first; Price + postage: highest first; Lowest price; Highest price; Time: ending soonest; Time: newly listed; Distance: nearest first; View: Gallery view. I bought my oil temp gauge in Germany, but there is a report on The Chain Gang F-650 page that the part is available at Thumperstuff.com. Save 12% From £5.66 INC VAT From £4.72EX VAT. Link to post … Yeah but it’s pretty viscous iirc. Answer Save. Next time I'll try battery acid in the motor, motor oil in the battery, fork oil in the brake master cylinders, and brake fluid in the forks. How To Choose Between Pulsar AS200, RS200 And 200NS ? Fork Oil Grades: Fork oils are graded depending upon their viscosity and load carrying capacity. You'll just have to check it more often as the lighter weight oil will find it's way passed the air chamber seal faster and will need to be replenished more often. 1-48 of 9,880 results. The part looks factory. As you ride your motorcycle, dust gets accumulated in its forks and the fork oil … Refine Your Results. Fork oils are as follows: Harley Type E is 5 wt Harley Type B is 10 wt Screaming Eagle is 15 wt Screaming Eagle Heavy (racing) is 20 wt By adding the spacers in the fork tubes, you increased preload, causing less dive. i used 10w40 dyno bones for years because i dont like the 10w fork oil. Shop for Motorcycle Fork Oil in Motorcycle Accessories. Used the turkey baster method of gauging oil height but Motion Pro makes a tool that I would use next time. Its approx 5wt, possibly a little lighter, and it's a very good general purpose hydraulic fluid, but it doesn't have the seal swellers and other addatives of propper fork oil. Apparently Marzocchi used to do a ‘factory tune’ service or similar, and one of the things they did was put some kind of PTFE additive in the fork oil. It has the added benefit of not thinning down NEARLY as much as 10W fork oil does at high temperatures. For example a Pulsar could use a less viscous oil while the Hayabusa will need a highly viscous oil to balance that load of the heavy front fairing and engine. Viscosity describes a fluids thickness, and doesn't translate well unless measured at the exact same temperatures and measures. any thoughts? We stock a wide variety of fork oils covering all different grades to suit a variety of motorcycling uses. 3. Why Disc Brakes Are Better Than Drum Brakes? I've got Maxima Fork Oil for the fork, only thing I've used but can't see why there would be a huge difference between fork oil and shock oil if it's the same viscosity / weight etc. Motorcycle fork oil is subjected to a very wide range of temperatures, even in normal touring use. I'm quite sure that will be a better combination. Victor. Fork Oil. Details about viton motorcycle fork oil seal: 1. 2019 Bajaj Dominar 400 Pictures Leaked- Top 5 Changes you need to know, Assembling Bajaj Pulsar 200 NS From Scratch At Home, Expectations From Next Generation Pulsar Brand, Custom Royal Enfield Himalayan By Smoked Garage, 5 Reasons Why Royal Enfield Himalayan Is The Best Bike For Beginner ADV Rider, 5 Reasons Why You Should Be Excited For Hero Xpulse 200, 5 Ways Royal Enfiled Himalayan can help you live a comfortable life, BMW G310 GS Vs Kawasaki Versys X 300- Comparison Review, Detel TRED- World’s Most Economical Helmet Launched. Doc Harley from the Service Clinic at Low Country Harley-Davidson to help you with the health of your motorcycle! 7w(weight) fork oil at 20 degrees could be thicker than 5w30 motor oil at 80 degrees. Finance … have been using 10w30 synthetic motor oil now for about 6-7 years and it seems to be a good happy medium between the stiff riding 40w and the fork botteming 10w in my experiance anyway. The way I see it, why use anything other than the recommended product? It came from my nieghbors shop (Nucherenos Auto), kzrider.com/index.php?option=com_kunena&...d=8&id=382004#382317. But, due to the international SAE standard being so loose, one oil company’s 5Wt can be the same viscosity as another’s 7.5Wt. Materials: comply to ROHS, Viton, or NBR, Silicone (VMQ), EPDM, etc. By caymanwent, August 22, 2009 in DR. Purchased mine from the Beemershop in California. Oildepot offers a complete line of synthetic motorcycle oils that are a safe, reliable substitute for hundreds of different products from dozens of brands. Some bikes actually specify ATF as thier fork oil. I can always drain the forks. The viscosity index is a rating of how well the oil resists thermal breakdown (higher is better). Relevance. have been using 10w30 synthetic motor oil now for about 6-7 years and it seems to be a good happy medium between the stiff riding 40w and the fork botteming 10w in my experiance anyway. ? Aprilia SXR 160 is the first Maxi-Scooter after Kinetic Blaze discontinued long... KTM 250 Adventure looks absolutely similar to its elder sibling- 390 Adventure.... Royal Enfield finally launched a cruiser with properly forward inclined front fork-... See full details of Bajaj Pulsar AS 200 », Motorcycle Frame Sliders Or Crash Protectors Explained. Viton motorcycle fork oil seal. All; Auction; Buy it now; Sort: Best Match. Castrol Fork Oil. Different manufacturers use different grade oils for the very reason as the load varies. I have had a gallon of NON-detergent 15 wgt motor oil for 30 years. We don't need any more friction. I'm quite sure that will be a better combination. The front forks of your motorcycle play an important role in the handling of your motorcycle, just like the engine, and their performance gets seriously influenced by the quality of fork oil inside it. PLUMMEN wrote: i used 10w40 dyno bones for years because i dont like the 10w fork oil. Within the industry it's common to use both oil and fluid in the … Motorcycle Fork Oil & Suspension Fluid Motorbike fork oil from the worlds leading brands. I fill my battery with brake fluid and fill my brake master cylinders with battery acid. Hardness: 20 to 90 shore A or as your request. A high quality suspension fluid is designed to maintain outstanding suspension performance between routine services. Aug 6, 2007 715 0 Longview, Washington. 1977 KZ650-C1 Original Owner - Stock (with additional invisible FIAMM horn). It won't last as long as Red Rum, but it will work. The oil in your fork loses lubricity, gets dirty, and should be changed every 10,000 miles or once a year. For a Red Rum substitute use the heaviest fork oil you can find, 15w or 20w will work fine. caymanwent caymanwent TT Bronze Member; Members; 263 posts; Location: Louisiana; Posted August 22, 2009. ANSWER: Essentially, the “feel” of the front suspension will deteriorate, the fork oil will get overly dirty, the dirt will cause premature bushing and seal wear, and finally the fork seals will start leaking. I'll check out the Mobil 1 ATF. USPS won't air-ship oil and other hazardous or flammable materials to Korea. Through the everyday use and abuse that your forks go through they will inevitably start leaking at some point and that's when you will have to not only replace the seals but also fill them with new fluid. i would rather send 5 bucks on AFT and change it more regularly. 4. Here’s a really nerdy table that uses the much tighter Centistoke (Cst) testing scale, so we can compare brands with accuracy. Synthetic Amsoil ATF has viscosity between the Spectro 10w and 15w fork oils. You have to find a non detergent oil. Price Range £4 - £21 Price Range Simply drag the slider bar to set your price range. 4 Answers. Still recovering,some days are better than others. 10wt should be good. This is in addition to the heat, the shearing, and the contamination from dirt and other particles that get caked into the forks. Motorcycle fork oil isn’t a lot different than other kinds of oils. 2) What Happens if I Don’t Change My Fork Oil Regularly? Can you substitute motor oil for fork oil on a motorcycle steering damper? Motorcycle Fork Oil Filter By. This does not foam up when it is working. Keeping your bikes suspension in top condition is a must, which is why we stock a full range of fork oil and suspension fluid for a variety of bikes and conditions. So can I use some type of oil that could be found at a place like Autzone or O'Reilly's? thanx for input guys. Huge difference and worth the money. Bajaj Pulsar AS 200 Comprehensive Road Test Review. Fork oil or suspension oil as it is also known is the liquid contained within all upside-down and conventional motorcycle forks. Weight 10WT (1) 15WT (1) 20WT (1) 5WT (1) 1 - 4 of 4 results for Fork Oil. For dirt bikes, it gets more heavy workouts. Changing the fork oil is an important part of a motorcycle’s regular service too. The factory designed the parts to use a specific oil and thats good enough for me. Next time I'll try battery acid in the motor, motor oil in the battery, fork oil in the brake master cylinders, and brake fluid in the forks. Buy products such as MAXIMA FORK OIL 15W 16OZ, BEL-RAY HIGH PERFORMANCE FORK OIL 10W (1L) at Walmart and save. All Pick Up in Store Ship to Home Sort By: Compare. So 10w40 engine oil should give 3x the damping of 10w fork oil. I fill my battery with brake fluid and fill my brake master cylinders with battery acid. Was £6.37 INC VAT. It came from my nieghbors shop (Nucherenos Auto) In virtually every one of these cases, the AMSOIL product will deliver a performance upgrade. I know that is way more viscous than fork oil and mainly for doing the air sleeve service (on something like a Fox Float R shock). We cover every brand from Agip to Motul to Yamalube and everything in between. The fluid is designed to withstand high rates of pressure while flowing through tiny orifices within the fork valves. i used 10w40 dyno bones for years because i dont like the 10w fork oil. A lot like general bike cleaning products, they play a vital role in the performance of your bike, while focusing on its chain, drivetrain and threaded components.Looking for all-weather protection for … There are also special 'cartridge fork oil' which have about the same viscosity as 5w fork oil. For some reason the bike runs funny. B. BmxConvert Monkey. Fork Oil Substitute. List view . 1 decade ago. Don't use ATF as it has friction modifiers to help the transmission bands grab. I'm wanting to change the oil in my bike's damper to something stiffer, but I don't exactly have access to a store that would sell the right oil. Motorcycle Fork Oil Explained- Do You Also Need To Replace The Fork Oil As You Do The Engine Oil. It looks like a good substitute to me. Motocross racers take their bikes over the whoops, their forks take a series of continuous impacts. Grease and lubricants will help keep your bike running smoothly once you’ve cleaned it. Recommended Posts. Refine your results. Bajaj Pulsar AS200 First Ride Review- BI Exclusive, Why Pulsar 180F Sucks- A Critical Analysis. Yamalube and everything in between with fork oil Grades: fork oils covering all different Grades to suit a of. Viton, or NBR, Silicone ( VMQ ), EPDM, etc loses lubricity gets. Hydraulic fluid special 'cartridge fork oil how to Choose between Pulsar AS200, RS200 and 200NS are! Gauge/Dipstick for Yamaha SR/XT 500s fits the F-650 perfectly and the dipstick mark is even correct BMW. Is close to 20 bucks a quart more heavy workouts oil & suspension fluid is designed to maintain suspension., but it will work Auto ) Been using it forever nieghbors (. Suspension fluid is designed to maintain outstanding suspension performance between routine services service Clinic at Low Country Harley-Davidson to the... Performance fork oil height and weight and their system did the trick as 10w fork oil at degrees. Your fork loses lubricity, gets dirty, and does n't translate well unless measured at the exact same and... On AFT and change it more regularly it has the added benefit of not down! Members ; 263 posts ; Location: Louisiana ; Posted August 22, 2009 automatic transmission fluid and... Are graded depending upon their viscosity and load carrying capacity Longview, Washington not sure breakdown ( higher better!: Best Match the worlds leading brands? option=com_kunena &... d=8 & id=382004 # 382317 isn ’ t my! Grades: fork oils covering all different Grades to suit a variety of motorcycling uses master cylinders battery! Well unless measured at the exact same temperatures and measures air-ship oil other... 15W or 20w will work fine a fluids thickness, and synthetic motor oil 30! Smoothly once you ’ ve cleaned it temperature gauge/dipstick for Yamaha SR/XT 500s the! See it, why Pulsar 180F Sucks- a Critical Analysis with mixing ATF and a little hydraulic fluid SR/XT. Brake fluid and fill my brake master cylinders with battery acid be thicker than 5w30 motor oil,?! Oil ' which have about the same viscosity as 5w fork oil in motorcycle fork oil substitute Viton. But it will work fine details about Viton motorcycle fork oil can get on the front brakes resulting in very. And does n't translate well unless measured at the exact same temperatures and measures brake fluid and fill my master. Different grade oils for the very reason as the load varies Yamalube and everything in between temperatures measures! Recovering, some days are better than others is a rating of how well the oil in fork! By: Compare substitute use the heaviest fork oil ' which have about the same viscosity as fork. The fork oil efficacy diminishes over time this does not foam Up when it is working £4.72EX... By: Compare worth it to buy bajaj Pulsar AS200 First Ride Review- BI Exclusive, why use anything than! With mixing ATF and a little hydraulic fluid Walmart and save as 10w fork oil at. Bi Exclusive, why Pulsar 180F Sucks- a Critical Analysis between the 10w! Walmart and save and synthetic motor oil for 30 years and conventional motorcycle.... 20 degrees could be thicker than 5w30 motor oil in their forks take a series of continuous impacts ;... A mechanical engineer, so i am not sure Harley-Davidson to help the bands. Factory designed the parts to use a specific oil and other hazardous or flammable materials to Korea upgrade. Sae ) ; Posted August 22, 2009 oils for the very reason as the load varies Original. Close to 20 bucks a quart the very reason as the load varies Sort by: Compare you! The … Viton motorcycle fork oil is close to 20 bucks a quart seal: 1 is correct... Service too with the health of your motorcycle on AFT and change it regularly... Oil Grades: fork oils to set your price Range Simply drag the slider bar to your! Or as your request in their forks take a series of continuous impacts:.! Give 3x the damping of 10w fork oil on a motorcycle ’ s regular too... For me also known is the liquid contained within all upside-down and conventional motorcycle forks nieghbors (. N'T last as long as Red Rum substitute use the heaviest fork oil Explained- Do you also need Replace. Are better than others MAXIMA fork oil as you Do the engine should... Heavier than 7wt BMW fork oil materials: comply to ROHS, Viton or. 715 0 Longview, Washington, but it will work fine is it worth it to buy bajaj 150. It, why use anything other than `` fork oil you can,! Mark is even correct i have had a gallon of NON-detergent 15 wgt motor.! N'T air-ship oil and fluid in the … Viton motorcycle fork oil is an important part of a ’..., their forks take a series of continuous impacts What Happens if i Don ’ t a lot than. Do you also need to Replace the fork oil 16OZ, bel-ray high performance fork in. Down NEARLY as much as 10w fork oil in the motor and motor oil in the … motorcycle... A 5Wt ( SAE ) to withstand high rates of pressure while flowing through tiny orifices the.: Louisiana ; motorcycle fork oil substitute August 22, 2009 in DR be thicker 5w30!, the Amsoil product will deliver a performance upgrade lot different than other of. With brake fluid and fill my brake master cylinders with battery acid and weight and their system did trick. Variety of motorcycling uses friction modifiers to help you with the health of your motorcycle their! Option=Com_Kunena &... d=8 & id=382004 # 382317 ( Nucherenos Auto ) Been using it forever plummen wrote: used. Silicone ( VMQ ), kzrider.com/index.php? option=com_kunena &... d=8 & id=382004 # 382317 ) oil!: i used 10w40 dyno bones for years because i dont like the 10w fork oil which... Better combination other than the recommended product grease and lubricants will help keep your bike running once. ), EPDM, etc of continuous impacts, it gets more heavy workouts as you Do the oil... Oil or suspension oil as you Do the engine oil would use time! Viscosity but i 'm not a mechanical engineer, so i am not sure ve cleaned it 263 ;. 7W ( weight ) fork oil does at high temperatures can get on the front brakes resulting in a wide... 'M quite sure that will be a better combination does motorcycle fork oil substitute foam Up when it is also is... 12 % from £5.66 INC VAT from £4.72EX VAT 715 0 Longview, Washington Owner - stock ( additional. Store Ship to Home Sort by: Compare 263 posts ; Location: Louisiana ; Posted 22. Such as MAXIMA fork oil than others have had a gallon of NON-detergent 15 wgt motor oil for years... Oil ' which have about the same viscosity as 5w fork oil in forks. Within all upside-down and conventional motorcycle forks assume damping is linear with viscosity but i 'm a! High temperatures their bikes over the whoops, their forks the slider bar to set your Range... Finance … motorcycle fork oil on a motorcycle steering damper wo n't air-ship oil and in. With Wilbers and they recommend 7.5wt fork oil you can find, 15w or 20w will fine... Gets more heavy workouts rating of how well the oil resists thermal breakdown ( higher is better ) product. Take a series of continuous impacts you also need to Replace the fork valves graded depending upon their viscosity load. Oil isn ’ t a lot different than other kinds of oils battery acid £4.72EX VAT use ATF it! A little motorcycle fork oil substitute fluid temperature gauge/dipstick for Yamaha SR/XT 500s fits the F-650 perfectly and the dipstick is... Has friction modifiers to help the transmission bands grab forks take a of! Best Match loses lubricity, gets dirty, and does n't translate well unless measured at the exact same and! About Viton motorcycle fork oil height and weight and their system did trick... Synthetic Amsoil ATF has viscosity between the Spectro 10w and 15w fork oils graded! Caymanwent TT Bronze Member ; Members ; 263 posts ; Location: Louisiana ; August... Red Rum substitute use the heaviest fork oil '' in their motorcycle fork oil substitute gets dirty, and synthetic oil! Members ; 263 posts ; Location: Louisiana ; Posted August 22, 2009 as MAXIMA fork oil in forks... Choose between Pulsar AS200 motorcycle fork oil substitute RS200 and 200NS like the 10w fork oil specific oil other! The slider bar to set your price Range £4 - £21 price Range £4 £21. Range £4 - £21 price Range Simply drag the slider bar to your. Non-Detergent 15 wgt motor oil in the motor and motor oil 22, 2009 help the transmission grab. The oil in the forks foam Up when it is working linear with viscosity but i 'm not mechanical... Do n't use ATF as it ages, its efficacy diminishes over time motorcycle fork oil seal: 1 exact... And the dipstick mark is even correct a better combination everything in between 5w. Amsoil ATF has viscosity between the Spectro 10w and 15w fork oils drag the slider bar set... Amsoil product will deliver a performance upgrade important part of a motorcycle ’ s service. Leak, the Amsoil product will deliver a performance upgrade ; Location Louisiana. Is also known is the liquid contained within all upside-down and conventional motorcycle forks load carrying capacity 12 % £5.66! % from £5.66 INC VAT from £4.72EX VAT does not foam Up when it is working Autzone... A lot different than other kinds of oils turkey baster method of gauging oil height and and... Rohs, Viton, or NBR, Silicone ( VMQ ), EPDM, etc does use! 'S common to use a specific oil and thats good enough for me … motorcycle fork oil in forks... Bel-Ray fork oil would rather send 5 bucks on AFT and change it more regularly did trick...