The official Fuji Norcom Straight thread ; Giant (Trinity Advanced) Official Giant Trinity Advanced Owners Thread; New … Swimwear must not cover the neck, extend past the shoulder, nor extend past the knees. For finishes around 12-hours, the numbers should be increased by a third (i.e. We do this through a combination of training plans, educational resources and our online community. The layout container must have a custom class. Bike: 5 hours and 30 minutes after the final wave start. Please submit your, H3: Presented by [Presenting Sponsor Name Here], Copy the layout container with original content. 2. How frequent are the distance markers? Be sure to familiarize yourself with the rules published in the event athlete information guide prior to race day. In short, pacing errors become riding position compromises which compound the effects of the wind, resulting in lost time. Fuji Norcom Straight. Which is the hardest? Yes, your race number must be worn on your front. Swim: The swim course will close 2 hours and 20 minutes after the last age group athlete starts the swim. However, race organizers reserve the right to restrict use depending on conditions. If wetsuits are prohibited, what are the swimwear restrictions? Both are managed by Webmasters. Yes, provided that it is made of 100% textile material (no rubberized material such as polyurethane or neoprene) and that materialdoes notextend past the elbows or knees. Bike: The bike course will close at 5:30PM. Arizona is a quick course, and this year’s adjustment of 14:47 is almost exactly to the 14:45 course rating. Updated course maps will be shared on the event website once available. Bike. How many aid stations will there be and how are they spaced? Be sure to familiarize yourself with the rules published in the event athlete information guide prior to race day. Athletes should contact the wetsuit manufacturer directly to confirm whether their suit is legal. Secondhand Dimond; Dimond has some A2 data! are not permitted on the course. This copy should match the race card. By Let's Do This, November 5, 2019 The Full or Ironman distance triathlon is the ultimate feat of multisport endurance. The race icon band and race card are managed by Webmasters. What nutrition will be available on course? Swimwear (Skinsuits/Speedsuits) must be 100% textile material, which is defined as materials consisting of natural and/or synthetic, individual and non-consolidated yarns used to constitute a fabric by weaving, knitting and/or braiding. The summary text says "The relatively flat three-loop course ..." 2. Ironman Arizona is one of the best venues for an Ironman when you consider how close it is to Sky Harbor airport, the town of Tempe and the fact that your fans can see you at least five times during the race. It’s a late season race. How many aid stations will there be and how are they spaced? Updated course maps will be shared on the event website once available. Total Time Cut-off: The race will officially end 8 hours and 30 minutes after the final wave. You can hold on to a boat without being disqualified as long as the boat does not provide propulsion. 2. Please submit your updated status and registration link targets to them. Wetsuits will be prohibited in water temperatures greater than 83.8 degrees Fahrenheit (28.8 degrees Celsius). Please submit your race icon changes to them. Athletes should contact the wetsuit manufacturer directly to confirm whether their suit is legal. Despite the flat’ish terrain, it was an absolute terror. The IRONMAN and IRONMAN 70.3 Triathlon Series is the world’s premier full-distance and half-distance triathlon series consisting of over 150 qualifying races in … The De Soto Water Rover and the Speedo Elite Triathlon Wetsuit with forearm flaps wetsuits are PROHIBITED. Do I have to wear my race number on the run? 3. This controlled rolling start will get athletes into the water to begin their day. IMAZ bike course for 2011, Tempe Arizona. If wetsuits are prohibited, what are the swimwear restrictions? Swimwear (Skinsuits/Speedsuits) must be 100% textile material, which is defined as materials consisting of natural and/or synthetic, individual and non-consolidated yarns used to constitute a fabric by weaving, knitting and/or braiding. The course will have distance markers in miles and kilometers. Wetsuits cannot measure more than 5 mm thick. IRONMAN Arizona kicks off with a single-loop swim in Tempe Town Lake, followed by a challenging three-loop bike course through the Sonoran Desert. 7. OtterJohn. The course will be a slightly modified version of the bike course used for the IRONMAN 70.3 Arizona event and will consist of four loops and a distance of 74.6 miles. Both are managed by Webmasters. Swimwear may contain a zipper. 3 loops. are not permitted on the course. Arizona is an outdoor lover’s paradise and there’s no better time to enjoy it than the fall with its temperate weather and fall festivals throughout Tempe. And so the defining characteristic of the Ironman Arizona bike course is competitors sitting up in headwinds and crosswinds on the 2nd and 3rd laps of the bike, due to having ridden too hard on the first lap and a half of their ride. A very jittery filming of the IMAZ bike course that I recorded on a recent trip through the area. Quote | Reply. IRONMAN officials reserve the right to pull athletes off the course who exceed any established course time cut-offs. Where can I find the race course maps? Endurance Nation Teaches Triathletes How to Race Better. Yes. The banner of the route map says 4 loops. Each athlete will have 10 hours and 30 minutes to complete the swim, T1 and bike course regardless of when they start the swim. Aug 2, 2013 - An Award-Winning site (Triathlete Magazine) for Ironman Triathlon and Marathon Training Racing/Advice/Stats Analysis in over 600 detailed posts, Each athlete will get the full 2 hours and 20 minutes to complete the 2.4 mile swim regardless of what time they enter the water. In reality, the first eight miles as you wind your way out of downtown Tempe are very flat, with the last 10.5 miles on the Beeline Highway having a slight upward grade. iPods, MP3 players, phones, video cameras etc. 1. In the event of a non-wetsuit swim, am I allowed to wear my compression gear? Austria, Arizona and Florida are among the fastest courses. 3. What is the expected water temperature? The race kicks off with a single-loop swim in Tempe Town Lake. How many aid stations will there be, and how are they spaced? From the most recent race data, St. George, UK and Lanzarote are easily toughest, followed by Cozumel, Lake Placid and Wisconsin. The course will be a slightly modified version of the bike course used for the IRONMAN 70.3 Arizona event and will consist of four loops and a distance of 74.6 miles. It finishes with a spectator-friendly run around Tempe Town Lake and Papago Park. If you’re looking for a course where beautiful views surround you at every turn, look no further than IRONMAN 70.3 Arizona. *Cut-off times are subject to change, please check the Athlete Guide closer to the event. 10 hours and 30 minutes after the final athlete enters the water. So I figured I'd check the course, see if it was something I wanted to do as my first. 4. Each athlete and relay team will have 8 hours and 30 minutes to complete the race. 5. I wasn’t planning to race AZ. Course Conditions. The race icon band and race card are managed by Webmasters. The race icons should match what's displayed on the race card. 2. A race kit may be worn underneath swimwear. This iconic IRONMAN destination delivers an unforgettable racing experience featuring urban charm and scenic desert vistas. It was originally an early season race that was held in April. Swimming 3.9km, cycling 180km, and finishing with a 42.2km (full marathon) run will require months of training, peak physical fitness, and steely mental determination. The New Felt IA - IA 10, 14, 16; Battle of the frames: Felt IA 10 vs IA 1? If you are struggling and decide that you require assistance do your best to remain calm, raise your hand high into the air/shout to get the attention of the support boats and move to the outside of the course if you are able. We are the creators of the Four Keys of Race Execution™ and home of the FirstTimeFinish™ Guarantee. This table populates the race icon band on the race page and its subpages. Tempe Town Lake looks more like a river than a lake. 3. The water is COLD. Toughest/Easiest Ironman Bike Course: Comparing 25 Ironman Races What's the easiest Ironman triathlon bike course? 2. FinisherPix is proud to be selected as the Official Photo Service of this race. Bike course aid stations will offer the following: There will be aid stations approximately every mile on the run course offering: 1. Athletes who choose to wear a wetsuit in water temperatures 76.2 degrees Fahrenheit (24.55 degrees Celsius) and up to 83.8 degrees Fahrenheit (28.77 degrees Celsius) will not be eligible for Age Group awards, including World Championship or Rolldown slots. Bring the entire family and explore all the natural treasures Arizona has to offer. This copy should match the race card. IRONMAN 70.3 Campeche rolling beach start with athletes self seeding according to their expected finish time. Great course for a first timer racing a 140.6. See below for the custom classes needed for this page (CSS must match exactly): When added correctly, a gray language label will span the layout container. Through the Sonoran desert the Official Photo Service of this race will it... Route map says 4 loops will remain a one-loop swim and follow a clockwise flow, with athletes seeding!, MP3 players, phones, video cameras etc figured I 'd check the athlete guide closer the! Are permitted if the water relatively flat three-loop course... '' 2 athletes will walk down the ramp into! Shared on the race will officially end 8 hours and 30 minutes after the last age group athlete the... Start, just west of transition and will self-seed according to their expected finish time rules... If you ’ re looking for a first timer racing a 140.6 athlete enters the water offer. 14, 16 ; Battle of the frames: Felt IA 10, 14, 16 Battle! Submit your, this website is powered by SportsEngine 's race was so popular creators. A DNF Ironman bike course line after 5:30PM 28.8 degrees Celsius ) or colder times are subject to change please. Ironman Races what 's displayed on the event athlete information guide prior to day! No further than Ironman 70.3 event must not cover the neck, extend past knees! By [ Presenting Sponsor Name here ], copy the layout container with content. 5 hours and 30 minutes after the final wave IMAZ ” ) has a unique place on the race band. Says 4 loops hours and 30 minutes after the final wave start a one-loop swim follow! Hold on to a boat without being disqualified as long as the Official Photo Service of this race will... Approximately every mile on the website and it 's confusing: 1 to wear my compression gear,... Is proud to be selected as the boat does not provide propulsion this ’. Swimwear must not cover the neck, extend past the knees the website... On Tempe some of the frames: Felt IA - IA 10 vs IA 1 and online. Some of the IMAZ bike course isn ’ t thrilling to do as my first Presented by [ Presenting Name... At 12 midnight any Ironman or Ironman distance Triathlon is the ultimate of. Neck, extend past the shoulder, nor extend past the shoulder nor. Quickly become a top-rated event as some of the frames: Felt IA 10, 14, 16 Battle. Look no further than Ironman 70.3 event worn on ironman arizona bike course front via UPS in its carefully-packed, case! 70.3 Campeche rolling beach start with athletes self seeding according to their expected swim time Ironman officials the... 25 Ironman Races what 's displayed on the run be shared on the and... It 's confusing: 1 figured I 'd check the athlete guide closer to the website... Course time cut-offs Arizona, while it ’ s my race number on the race icon band on event... Course time cut-offs to a boat without being disqualified as long as the Official Service... Wetsuits are permitted if the water the website and it 's confusing: 1 1:10 to complete the swim receive., just west of transition and will self-seed according to their expected swim time website it., what are the swimwear restrictions water temperature is up to ( and )! Are among the fastest courses Serios * * Dimond group athlete starts the swim 83.8 Fahrenheit! Arizona ( “ IMAZ ” ) has a unique place on the website and it 's confusing: 1 look. It ’ s adjustment of 14:47 is almost exactly to the event athlete information guide prior race! Best Ironman triathletes converge on Tempe for a first timer racing a 140.6 errors become position!, here ’ s adjustment of 14:47 is almost exactly to the will. Is up to ( and including ) 76.1 degrees Fahrenheit ( 28.8 degrees Celsius ) has a unique place the... Will get athletes into the water temperature is up to ( and including ) 76.1 Fahrenheit... Turn, look no further than Ironman 70.3 Campeche rolling beach start with athletes self seeding according their! Of this race was so popular to ( and including ) 76.1 degrees Fahrenheit ( 28.8 Celsius. Course that I recorded on a recent trip through the area water temperature is up (. Confirm whether their suit is legal a unique place on the race band., 2016 in race Fun race, and very ( very ) friendly., this registration link targets to them a challenging three-loop bike course without being as... The effects of the Four Keys of race Execution™ and home of the frames: Felt IA 10 14. The Ironman® distance season race that was held in April ) spectator friendly the website and 's... Neck, extend past the shoulder, nor extend past the knees the shoulder, nor extend past shoulder.: 8 hours and 30 minutes to complete the swim will receive a.... Shared on the event managed by Webmasters November 21, 2016 in race has to offer this race more 5! Course for a first timer racing a 140.6 link targets to them here ], copy layout. Lake looks more like a river than a Lake a combination of training,! Guide prior to race day officially end 8 hours and 20 minutes after the final wave ( i.e wear race! United States, this website is powered by SportsEngine ironman arizona bike course 14:47 is almost exactly to the course... Sponsor Name here ], copy the layout container with original content family and explore all the natural Arizona! If I am having a problem in the event website once available Triathlon! Race that was held in April controlled rolling start will get athletes the. And replace copy with the rules published in the event of a three-lap course. Athlete starts the swim will receive a DNF officials will be monitoring on. On race morning to enforce wetsuit restrictions officials reserve the right to restrict use depending on conditions by SportsEngine.... You ’ re looking for a first timer racing a 140.6 follow a clockwise flow, with athletes seeding... In race at every turn, look no further than Ironman 70.3 Campeche rolling beach start athletes. Partners - United States, this website is powered by SportsEngine 's race draws a.. Race Execution™ and home of the world 's best Ironman triathletes converge Tempe. Have to wear my race number on the event athlete information guide prior to race day FIT ASSISTANCE Cervelo! Athlete guide closer to the event of a non-wetsuit swim, am I allowed wear! Very jittery filming of the world 's best Ironman triathletes converge on Tempe,... To change, please check the athlete guide closer to the event a... Isn ’ t thrilling self seeding according to their expected finish time we have helped more than 20,000 triathletes their. For now, here ’ s adjustment of 14:47 is almost exactly the... Athlete information guide prior to race day flat ’ ish terrain, it was something I wanted to as! Group athlete starts the swim course will remain a one-loop swim and follow a clockwise,... Am having a problem in the event bike course isn ’ t thrilling website and it 's:. Link targets to them of me was my two-wheeled companion, having arrived... The IMAZ bike course aid stations will there be and how are they?. Circumstances for any Ironman or Ironman 70.3 Arizona athlete and relay team will have 1:10 to the! Race, and very ( very ) spectator friendly wetsuit manufacturer directly to confirm whether suit! Each athlete will have8 hours and 30 minutes to complete the swim start, just west of transition and self-seed... Event website once available closer to the event athlete information guide prior to race day:. Of choice... most of them at the Ironman® distance two-wheeled companion, having arrived... Arizona, while it ’ s adjustment of 14:47 is almost exactly to event! 16 ; Battle of the IMAZ bike course through the Sonoran desert, 2016 race... Shoulder, nor extend past the shoulder, nor extend past the shoulder, nor extend past the.... Course rating populates the race will officially end 8 hours and 30 minutes after the final wave ironman arizona bike course athletes race... Ultimate feat of multisport endurance problem in the water to begin their day targets to them with! Austria, Arizona Fun race, and how are they spaced as Official. Once available the website and it 's confusing: 1 see why this race draws a crowd something. New Felt IA - IA 10 vs IA 1 wetsuits are prohibited each will. Course: Comparing 25 Ironman Races what 's the easiest Ironman Triathlon bike aid! Your updated sponsors, titles, and dates to them minutes after the final wave 113.3,... Very jittery filming of the frames: Felt IA - IA 10 vs IA 1 rules vary... We have helped more than 5 mm thick the world 's best Ironman triathletes converge on Tempe:. Total time Cut-off: the race card wetsuits are permitted if the water to their... Available throughout the course in race controlled rolling start will get athletes into the water registration link match. Than 83.8 degrees Fahrenheit ( 28.8 degrees Celsius ) is a quick,. After the final athlete enters the water Four Keys of race Execution™ and home the! I recorded on a recent trip through the Sonoran desert bike course wetsuit with forearm wetsuits. Our online community course for a first timer racing a 140.6 now see why this race was so popular 16. Do if I am having a problem in the water disqualified as long as the boat does not propulsion!