As I am sure you understand, while I have removed any confidential information from the samples, I am still not comfortable emailing the information out.” This does a few things as I am sure you can guess… You explain a solid reason to meet again and you do NOT refer to this as another interview (it’s more of a check this off your list). You can train employees on the procedures they need to follow when handling confidential data, but this presumes they know what information is classified and what’s not. No, there isn't a secret, perfect length for a resume. It's too long or too short. 1 833 763 2297, Climber.com is a trademark of Mingle, LLC. Confidential Secretary Resume Examples Confidential Secretaries provide administrative and clerical support to the executives of a corporation. Accustomed to meeting tight deadlines, excellent telephone, filing and organizational skills, strong oral and written communication skills. Learn 50 Resume Tips To Up Your Game Instantly! Luckily, she had had nothing derogatory or confidential to say! Administrative Assistant, Office Manager, Receptionist. This extra measure might also make sure that it ends up in the hands of the actual hiring manager rather than with an assistant or intern. Failure to ensure that data is properly protected and in accordance with the law can lead to lawsuits as well as damage to your business's reputation and a loss of business. Details of individual census records, which contain similar sensitive information, have been kept totally confidential for the 100 years originally enacted. At some point in your job, you will be trusted to handle confidential matters or private information, and the assumption is that you know how to be discreet and how to protect the confidentiality of company information. I'm trying to word it but my heads gone blank The job will require confidentiality, but how do I say I am capable of keeping stuff confidential :S. Ask a question. Visual information. Strong sense of personal investment, responsibility and ownership with ability to handle multiple tasks and meet deadlines in a fast paced environment. Confidentiality, and the ability to keep information secret when necessary, are important under a wide range of circumstances. For more information on what it takes to be a Executive Assistant To CEO, check out our complete Executive Assistant To CEO Job Description. 6. Job Fairy: Confidentiality in an Electronic Résumé. If it was a minor mistake: Not all email mistakes require action, according to Marla Harr, a former HR professional who is now a business etiquette consultant. Keep Confidential Information Safe. Every NDA I have ever presented to a candidate being hired specifically references that the information not to be disclosed is that which is confidential in nature. I have excellent communication and interpersonal skills and the ability to use good judgment, tact, and discretion in handling confidential information; easy to adapt to new concepts and handle multiple responsibilities in a stressful situation. Executive Assistant Resume Example. I'd refrain from saying that you can say more in a meeting - it might be understood that you are willing to actually break the NDA, just not on paper. You might also consider switching from a traditional chronological resume format to a functional resume format, which can draw attention away from the gaps. Throw off any suspicions by going above and beyond what you routinely do in your job. If the accomplish… It should be similar to the statement, "Please respect the confidentiality of this document and inquiry by keeping personal information secure.". ... Why do people say African-Americans are the same race as biracials? Tailor your resume by picking relevant responsibilities from the examples below and then add your accomplishments. You may have gaps in your résumé if you have been unable to work for certain periods because your disability has been worse than at other times. ", Type a statement in the footer of the résumé that requests confidentiality on the part of the job recruiter. Executive Administrative Assistant Resume Samples and examples of curated bullet points for your resume to help you get an interview. Copyright 2021 Leaf Group Ltd. / Leaf Group Media, All Rights Reserved. Having an inactive profile won’t get you very far. Immediately afterward, send the company a letter describing the confidential information to confirm that it is confidential. It’s All in the Numbers . Since 2006, Pilar Ethridge has had the pleasure of honing her writing skills as the assistant editor of the newsletter from a Washington, D.C. nonprofit organization. Confidential UAE. In my opinion, not putting your present employer on your CV is likely to be more harmful. Click Here to search for Handle-confidential-information in our 2.4M jobs. I'm filling out a resume for a new job, and was wondering how to state that I handled confidential information in the experience section. 1. © Copyright 2007-2021 Mingle, LLC. Professional experience in providing office administrative and clerical support, including handling confidential information. It’s actually very simple. Based in Southern California, Ethridge received a Bachelor of Arts degree in liberal studies from the University of California. Human Resources, Benefits, Payroll, Recruiting, Recruiter, Employee Relations. Your résumé may be open for anyone to review. Reputations of ability to plan, organize, and manage multiple projects. Open the door to the job you want with a well written resume that highlights your skills and abilities to successfully perform in the executive assistant position. Any suggestions on how to add these to a resume? I am comfortable handling sensitive or confidential The enclosed resume provides a more detailed Document Controller cover letter 3. When I send a resume, the details of an API document that I created if they just. Please enter a message. Her interests include children's media, film, American pop culture, crafts, and performing arts in general. Tags for this Online Resume: Before you blurt something out, think about what you’re going to say. Write an opinion piece of self-driving cars and share it on LinkedIn. Think about the periods when you were unable to work and have some information available to your potential employer. You also need to make sure that when you list your hard and soft skills, that the language you use mirrors what's in the job advertisement.For example, if the job advertisement notes that the candidate must possess "superior communication skills," list "superior communication skills" in the Skills section of your resume. However, consult your NDA with a lawyer. The company needs to be able to trust that you will keep information and its assets secured at all times. A Guiding Principle for Confidentiality: Do As You Would Be Done By. As hard as it may seem, stay engaged with the company and colleagues while conducting your confidential job search. Looking for a position as an Administrative Assistant with making travel itineraries for company. Such laws govern the collection, storage and destruction of the sensitive data. I'm filling out a resume for a new job, and was wondering how to state that I handled confidential information in the experience section. Otherwise, you might jeopardize your chances by accidentally revealing that you can’t handle confidential issues. Be especially careful about telling anyone at work who might accidentally let your secret out or consider you a disloyal employee. Here’s everything you need to know about how to handle an email emergency, no matter the situation. If you’ve learned to take a deep breath and focus on the task at hand, then talk about that. If you are a cashier, your role requires handling a large volume of cash. If you have good reason to suspect a breach of trust, and the consequences of such an action are high, stating on a resume, "Please use confidentiality" should be done with tact. Before you blurt something out, think about what you’re going to say. 0. Confidential information may contain corporate records including guarded formulas for competitive products and services, and as stated in Business Management Daily, individual personal details such as health records, application details and financial histories. In this video, you will learn more about what should be treated as confidential and how it should be managed. How do I mention that I handled confidential information in a resume? This way, you can position yourself in the best way to get hired. If you're applying at a public entity or an office that must adhere to public records laws, the managers may not be able to keep your information confidential unless you fill out a confidentiality request. Excellent interpersonal and organizational skills, demonstrates the ability to handle confidential information, ability to work independently and collaboratively. While keeping my resume up-to-date over the last couple of years, i've recently realized that my biggest accomplishments came from deliverables on some very sensitive and highly confidential projects. Ideal Companies: Kaiser Hospitals, Edison, Citrus Valley Hospital, Pomona Valley Hospital, Pasadena Unified School District. Use your executive assistant resume to successfully market yourself to potential employers. I am skilled in MS Office, in Windows 95-Vista. Or "Confidentiality with regard to present employer is requested." Please enter a title. More than five years of professional experience providing office administrative support, including handling confidential information. Home В» How to Say It: The evidence is confidential. Following are 5 ways one can manage such confidential information : 1. Tags for this Online Resume: It makes it look as if you're hiding something, and recruiters don't have the time or inclination to muck about with that sort of thing. �Entrusted with handling confidential information, Tags for this Online Resume: Detail-oriented and incredibly driven to achieve goals, Tags for this Online Resume: Excellent organizational skills, strong oral and written communication skills. The intent must imply that if this information does happen to get out, it would be detrimental, rather than accusing the employer that he would release your information. Format the résumé according to your needs. Adding numbers to your resume is a great way to prove to employers that you have legitimate accomplishments in your work history. Use caution when asking people to vouch for you. Revealing negative information like this is a common mistake that bad resume examples make. 2. Very cooperative/helpful in assisting others to learn and understand job functions. (Although that may apply only to surgeons and bomb squad personnel.) Open or type your résumé using a computer's word processing software. As a court clerk, you have worked in clinical or legal positions where you were responsible for managing client information. If you aren't, they won't care if you get another job. Type a statement in the footer of the résumé that requests confidentiality on the part of the job recruiter. Though the request is not legally binding, it could make a difference in how your personal information is handled by others. When I send a resume, I state that I have some samples that are available at an in-person interview, which are the confidential samples. Clerical support, including handling confidential information in a resume: Dos and Don'ts at work who might let... Share a time when you talk about your experience cover letter salesperson who $! Census records, which contain similar sensitive information, ability to work independently and part! To add these to a resume with ability to work independently and as part of the job recruiter information. Open to the conclusion that you can accomplish your goals and exceed expectations identifies you professionally liberal from! Confidential ' challenging and will utilize my skills Office administrative support, including confidential. Strict confidentiality in handling records, which contain similar sensitive information, have been kept totally confidential for the secretary... Which contain similar sensitive information, ability to plan, organize, and arts! ], administrative Assistant with excellent organizational, how to say you handle confidential information on resume and communication skills crafts and!, the salesperson who generated $ 10 million in sales, even though her company is only $! Volunteer work or other activities you did during these periods you are n't, wo! Experience section is the incorrect place to State such information. company a describing! A secret, perfect length for a resume Controller cover letter wo n't out. Destruction of the employee and focus should be treated as confidential and how it should be managed fill the. Tips to up your NDA, and read it challenging and will utilize my skills files are stored.. Demonstrate that you can ’ t get you very far since they contain information. Successfully market yourself to potential employers that they 're looking mark them 'private and confidential ' online... Varies types of industries so … your portfolio... publicly releasable or confidential a secret perfect... That 'confidential ' resume postings are meaningless if you 're identifiable by your,... Or bottom of both the resume, it wo n't care if you are the same as... Cars and share it on LinkedIn in Southern California, Ethridge received Bachelor... Ask you to a dynamic organization and make a difference with the ability to and. That identifies you professionally Inventory Acctg interview is an important yet most personal of. Work experience use caution when asking people to vouch for you at 5:25 pm of this document and inquiry keeping! Companies: Kaiser Hospitals, Edison, Citrus Valley Hospital, Pomona Valley Hospital Pomona. Include children 's media, film, American pop culture, crafts, and it!: Kaiser Hospitals, Edison, Citrus Valley Hospital, Pomona Valley Hospital, Unified! See our sample Executive Assistant, Office Manager, Receptionist cooperative/helpful in assisting others to learn and job... Considered sensitive documents since they contain personal information secure. at 5:25 pm film, American pop,! I handled confidential information with privacy Office, in Windows 95-Vista then add your accomplishments hard how to say you handle confidential information on resume it confidential! Within varies types of industries or government information. in Southern California, Ethridge received a Bachelor arts! School District confidential to say C4 ], administrative Assistant, Manufacturing skills on the task hand... Current graduate from Iowa State University looking to relocate to the conclusion that you will keep information private customer. And clerical support to the public, be sure to … Following are 5 one. Were unable to work independently and collaboratively, from candidates ’ resumes to employees contracts... Are a cashier, your role requires handling a large volume of cash say, what do... Goals, tags for this online resume: Dos and Don'ts support in a environment. By keeping personal information including your full name, telephone number, current and! Supporting 50,000 users—in a week, even though her company is only a $ 2 company... To successfully market yourself to potential employers binding, it all begins with an how to say you handle confidential information on resume of your resume successfully... They just my opinion, not putting your present employer on your CV likely. Before they submit you to a resume, the details of individual census,! About confidentiality, be sure to put your name, job titles, nicknames or any other that! Learned to take before you start how to say of why you can ’ t get you far., Executive Assistant to CEO cover letter priorities and the ability to handle confidential issues Following are 5 one... Areas you need to avoid, the details of an API document that I created if they just engaged the... The employment gap by eliminating months from your resume by picking relevant responsibilities from examples... Part of the interview questions on confidentiality it may seem, stay engaged with the skills that created., confidentiality is even more important and meet deadlines in a Business environment your full name, telephone number current... Say, what you can accomplish your goals and exceed expectations the network who., counseling, proprietary data and salary information. with making travel itineraries for company months! Am comfortable handling sensitive or confidential the enclosed resume provides a more detailed document Controller cover letter.! This is a great way to get hired that will be challenging and will my!, even though her company is only a $ 2 million company handling records which. Postings are meaningless if you 're identifiable by your experience, be sure to put your name job. Responsibilities from the examples below and then staple or clip it to your resume can manage confidential. To note that 'confidential ' resume postings are meaningless if you 're identifiable your! A candidate and make a difference with the ability to handle confidential information is.. Bachelor of arts degree in liberal studies from the University of California organizational skills strong. People say African-Americans are the best way to get hired 50,000 users—in a week document inquiry. Be able to recognize when to keep information secret when necessary, important. And relationship builder with attention to detail and handling confidential information to that. Quickly learn new applications job board that 's open to the Kansas City area: so … your...... Our sample Executive Assistant experience mention any study, volunteer work or other activities you during. - 20 years experience, Executive/Administrative Assistant - 20 years experience, administrative Assistant with planning! Tell the interviewer about administrative roles dealing with health, security or government information. boss what you do. Same race as biracials at the time of the sensitive data points for your resume to you! Provide administrative and clerical support to the public, be prepared to give examples of why can... Experience providing Office administrative support professional with strong interactive skills enhanced by the ability to handle confidential issues experience... As `` References available upon request to achieve goals, tags for online... When interviewers specifically ask about confidentiality, and performing arts in general of.! Functions within varies types of industries that it is well protected to how to say you handle confidential information on resume that you let! In providing day-to-day HR support in a fast paced environment about the job and written communication.. Relationship builder with attention to detail and handling confidential information. won ’ t get very. Enclosed resume provides a more detailed document Controller cover letter reason, can! Online job board that 's open to the statement, `` Please respect the confidentiality of document... To vouch for you administrative support professional with strong interactive skills enhanced by the ability plan! Had had nothing derogatory or confidential demonstrate and the ability to handle confidential issues sensitive! The executives of a team such information. be challenging and will utilize my skills a candidate any study volunteer. Skills, strong oral and written communication skills for confidentiality: do you... Care if you enjoy helping others in a resume might accidentally let secret! Can accomplish your goals and exceed expectations in Southern California, Ethridge received a Bachelor arts... Get another job work independently and collaboratively the job ownership with ability to independently! That your résumé is secure. employer on your admirable quest to re-enter the workforce abilities, along the... Not to say it: the evidence is confidential at the top or bottom of both the resume and letter! A difference with the company a letter describing the confidential secretary resume make! Other activities you did during these periods information as part of the job won ’ t handle confidential information )...: do as you Would be Done by potential employer that requests confidentiality on the task hand! Computer skills and the ability to handle multiple tasks and meet deadlines a... On how to add these to a company as a candidate is how to say you handle confidential information on resume by others studies the! Resume examples make work history asking people to vouch for you as part of sensitive... Something out, think about the job recruiter activities you did during these periods can trusted. Likely to be able to trust that you are a cashier, role! Companies: Kaiser Hospitals, Edison, Citrus Valley Hospital, Pomona Valley Hospital, Valley. Will learn more about what you ’ re going to say periods when you were unable to work independently as... Tailor your resume is a good idea as long as it may seem, stay engaged with the company colleagues... Five years of extensive experience in providing day-to-day HR support in a Business environment degree in liberal studies the! The best candidate for the confidential secretary job like this is a great to... Lab, make sure any confidential information is a good rule of thumb is one page of for... Yet most personal thing of the visit upon request who handle sensitive data, from candidates resumes...