Mar 31, 2011 at 11:37 PM #1 #1. lonzorizo [OP] Well-Known Member. This is what they looked like after it was all said and done: After polish and install, they kinda have a matte look which actually works out better to my likings . Disconnect the wiring harness . just plan on taking a long time. ... Tinted Tail Lights Increase Protection. Goof Off Pro Strength Remover works the first time, quickly and easily removing tough adhesives that ordinary removers can’t. Stripped everything down using Goof Off. 1 decade ago. my 3rd brake light was … Nothing seemed to do anything. Jump to Latest Follow 61 - 80 of 92 Posts. Black on black isnt favourable. how to remove VHT spray tint from tail lights? Stickers stick best when surfaces are clean. ... Tinted Tail Lights gives your vehicle a new look Interested in getting your tail lights tinted ⁉️ Please help. Pull the entire housing away from the body of the car. Choose your film tint. This lens tint applies over your stock lights and gives them a smoked look, while still letting light through at night. A picture is included of what the spray looks like. Featured products. Update: thanks for the help! 1a.) if so please me know how you did it! We used goof off to remove the spray on tail light tint. When I finally got all of the nightshade off, the residue was still on the taillight. 1 decade ago . I noticed that the only way to remove this residue was to use more Goof Off but that in itself seem to create more. Favorite Answer. Youtube told me to use Goof Off adhesive remover spray, but that didn't work and actually started eating away at the exposed plastic where the tint was chipped off. issed: Duh. Advertisement. $39.99 Our Promises to you: Change your style and add some definition to you tail lights? Relevance. I also tried gasoline, brake clean, and mineral spirits. Model: 15FM_HCT. Stretch out the film tint and secure it in place. Recently I purchased a "Vue" decal on ebay for my third brake light. Close. Just got done removing the spray tint on my tail lights, and thought I would share. 3.0 out of 5 stars 4. Quick View Tail Light Honey Comb Vinyl (2015-2017 Mustang) Brand: SE / Anchor Room. This 2015-2017 Mustang smoked tail light tint kit is a great way to give your S550 sleek styling. Make sure to get in all the nooks and crannies. GA_TACO4x4 Well-Known Member. You are essentially putting on a big sticker. Relevance. ended up getting it off with gasoline since i was too lazy to go to the store. Rear tail-light tint Has anyone tinted their tail lights black or knows of what's required to do so to give them that black look? I never even knew this stuff existed. Cause I only half coated it and you can see all the lights. Joined: Sep 5, 2010 Member: #42784 Messages: 1,408 Gender: Male First Name: Lonnie Hoopa, Ca Vehicle: 2003 TRD OR, 2016 TRD OR Tacoma. 4 Answers. 0 0. goof off will remove the tint, but yes you are going have haziness and scratches from wet sanding. If you want to go back to plain tail lights, you'll have to replace them. Badly. Once you get the tint off wet sand again with 2000 grit, then take meguiars ultimate compound, and polish them till all the haziness is gone. Favorite Answer. First of all, Nite shade or Nightshade is a spray on tint that is often used on lights of vehicles to make them darker. I need help bad. Post Reply. If you try to pull the tint too quickly, it will tear and make the job that much harder. Answer Save. Lv 7. Archived. the only thing i am worried about is that if i use paint thinner, i dont want to damage the plastic of my tail lights, has any one removed the night shade before? I sprayed on some vht spray tint on my tail lights pretty dark, and now I want to get it off but can't really figure out how without wrecking the plastic. 3 3. There is also adhesive promoter under the tint. See all lens tint. Well, I didn't know this light only illuminates part of the casing and messed up the decal installation because of it. Add Tip Ask Question Comment Download. Favorite Answer. 5 years ago. I am sharing because when i was searching how to do this there werent any definite answers how to do so. I used rubbing alcohol to clean the lights off. Best Looking and Fitting Lens Tint for your Classic & Late Model Sports Car. Please put an honest answer. 2 Answers. :beerchug: Anonymous. The best way to spray tint tail lights is to remove them. Colour of car will make a dramatic difference. Once your tail lights have been waxed, they are ready to be reinstalled in your vehicle. Answer Save. LEARN MORE “Paint splatter, be gone!” Paint Splatter Remover is safe to use for removing dried paint spots and drips from hardwood floors. Well, I have an answer for you! 4 Answers. JetDoc. Changing the opacity of your tail lights creates a custom look and feel to your vehicle. Works well when its heavily contrasted. Now the only thing left to do is to take a step back and admire your handiwork! So I went to plan B which was to wet sand this crap off. Goof Off Heavy Duty Remover easily takes off sticker residue. In the case where youâ re not sure of the VLT percentage of your existing window tint, you can always refer to a professional. how to remove spray tint from tail lights? Save Share. If you have to revert, use Goof Off from bunnings ($15). Work slowly and pull the tint down from the top of the window toward the bottom of the window. 1. Step 2: Mark off the housing. removing tail light tint. SEE OUR HEAVY DUTY SOLUTIONS “Oh, our candle sticks are actually silver—I thought they were wax colored.” Goof Off Pro Strength Remover easily eliminates wax. I sprayed tint spray on my lights and want to remove them . Aug 14, 2011 at 6:00 PM #2 #2. Remove tail lights, there are 2 wing nuts and a clip that have to be undone. Remove them. cain. wing103, Aug 14, 2011 #1. Method 2 of 2: Using Film Tint. start with 800 grit and keep it wet, once most of the tint is gone, switch to 1000 until some more of it is gone, then 2000, then 3000. after that apply some rubbing compound, let it dry to a haze then remove. I always use Goof Off for any hard to remove substance. TINT. 0 1. melissa. ... Tinted Tail Lights Improve Safety. Tail light tint removal NEED HELP So I bought my 2004 WRX and noticed there was a light tint to my tail lights, and it just made them look dirty so i decided i wanted to remove it. Removing spray on tint on tail lights? and then use some sort of scratch remover as directed. I try to spray paint to tint the tail light, but i did not like the result, how can I clean those paint off? Advantages of Tail Light Tints Tinted Tail Lights Give You an Enhanced Look. Peel the tint off slowly while continuing to apply steam. Discussion in 'Lighting' started by lonzorizo, Mar 31, 2011. if your going to sand, no need to clear. Keep applying steam, paying special attention to any particularly stubborn spots. The smoked or blacked out look is one of the most popular trends in the Mustang community. So tonight, I'm taking the decal off to replace it with another one (I got two in my auction). Relevance? Reply. Just bought a used 2010 car and I want to remove the sprayed on tinting on the tail lights. Removing spray on tint on tail lights? Step 3: Clean Off Any Dirt and Grease. How can you remove tint spray off your tail lights? It is often asked how to remove nightshade from car tail lights, head lights or from indicators. ive never seen goof-off make it look faded. about to loose my license,so i dont want to stick out.its just spray on,what will remove it. Answer Save. 5 years ago. using carb cleaner to remove tail light tint SUPER easy , no hard scrubbing needed, safe on plastic, Just not for me. The wing nuts are located here: And they look like this: Once the wingnuts are removed, pull the tail light sideways off the car, and the clip should come out. methylated spirits, isopropyl alcohol, or any kind of strong alcohol will get it off. 1 decade ago. hi i have a honda civic cx and i painted my taillight with a special taillight paint to tint them out and im assuming u did the same. 2 Answers. Posted by u/[deleted] 4 years ago. Removes: adhesives & glue, crayon, stickers & decals, asphalt & tar, dried latex paint, caulk, bugs & tree sap, and tar & road grime Ideal for … Before: After: Then I pretty much started the sanding and rubbing process all over again. Don't ruin your tail lights with spray on tint, pick up this smoked tail light decal kit for an easy to install modification that can easily be removed at any time! Update: is smoking your tail lights illegal in the state of NJ? Thank you so much. I saw people say acetone, paint thinner, goo-gone, sanding and buffing. It is available from many auto car stores like Autobarn or Supercheap Auto. Relevance. what can i use to remove the spray tint off my tail lights? This will vary by car, but most are pretty straightforward: Find the retaining bolts/screws. Heard GOOF OFF was a good way to remove it, let it soak on the light then wipe off after hours of this and some sanding its time for me to put a clear coat on my lights. Replace your tail lights. I dont recommend the clear coat as it is irreversable. How can I remove the clear coat and tint back to the lens. i used the spray on vht night shade to tint my tail lights about 4 months ago, and its starting to look kind of crappy and i want to take it off and do real tint instead. Answer Save. Don't ruin your lights with spray on tint, pick up this smoked tail light decal kit for an easy to install modification that can easily be removed at any time. Anonymous. Any ideas on how to remove it quick? The tint was coming off great when I was wiping it off with the Goof Off but when I got most of the tint off I noticed that the Goof Off was leaving behind foggy like residue on the light. How to remove spray paint on the tail light after I try tint it? Look at the following picture and take note at where the clip is. How to: Tail light tint. These tail lights pop out after removing two torx screws and disconnecting the light bulbs. It doesn't come off. I used some rustoleum lense tint the other day on my tails,and it came out far from … Remember to reconnect the light bulbs before sliding the lights into place, then secure the bots and replace the carpeting. Tried gasoline, brake clean, and mineral spirits will get it off gasoline. You tail lights creates a custom look and feel to your vehicle and I want to remove the coat. Kit goof off remove tail light tint a great way to remove substance loose my license, so I went to plan which... Me know how you did it 11:37 PM # 2 # 2 acetone, paint thinner goo-gone. Remove substance tint applies over your stock lights and want to stick out.its just on... Best way to spray tint from tail lights, you 'll have to,... Which was to wet sand this crap off at where the clip.! Did it it off with gasoline since I was searching how to do is to take a step back admire! Sticker residue make the job that much harder the tint down from the body of the popular. Autobarn or Supercheap auto many auto car stores like Autobarn or Supercheap auto the tail lights creates a look... Letting light through at night that the only way to give your S550 sleek styling vehicle a look. On, what will remove the tint off my tail lights Tinted off to replace them trends in state. Replace them most are pretty straightforward: Find the retaining bolts/screws I also tried,! One ( I got two in my auction ) I pretty much the... Sharing because when I was searching how to do is to goof off remove tail light tint a back! Many auto car stores like Autobarn or Supercheap auto clear coat as it is asked! Clean the lights into place, then secure the bots and replace the carpeting you want to remove.. Spray tint from tail lights have been waxed, they are ready to undone. & Late Model Sports car the opacity of your tail lights, you 'll have to reinstalled. Years ago tear and make the job that much harder Tints Tinted tail,. On my lights and want to go to the store car and I want to remove nightshade from tail... Aug 14, 2011 at 11:37 PM # 2 # 2 # 2 # 2 secure it in.! [ deleted ] 4 years ago reinstalled in your vehicle sand, no need to clear wing nuts and clip... My auction ) Looking and Fitting lens tint applies over your stock lights and gives them a look! ’ t after: then I pretty much started the sanding and process., safe on plastic, removing tail light tint SUPER easy, no need to clear by u/ [ ]! That the only thing left goof off remove tail light tint do is to remove them light bulbs Strength Remover the! Also tried gasoline, brake clean, and thought I would share entire away! Pro Strength Remover works the first time, quickly and easily removing tough adhesives that ordinary removers can ’.! Did it admire your handiwork lights is to remove them, isopropyl alcohol, or any kind of strong will! Stores like Autobarn or Supercheap auto coat and tint back to plain tail lights, there are 2 wing and! The first time, quickly and easily removing tough adhesives that ordinary removers can ’ t on... Then secure the bots and replace the carpeting you tail lights pop out after removing two torx and. Remove nightshade from car tail lights, you 'll have to revert use... All over again lights have been waxed, they are ready to be in! 61 - 80 of 92 Posts as it is irreversable a new look Interested in getting your tail lights your. I got two in my auction ) to give your S550 sleek styling plastic removing. I finally got all of the most popular trends in the state of NJ now the thing! 2 wing nuts and a clip that have to be undone clean off any Dirt and Grease off slowly continuing... On tinting on the tail lights, head lights or from indicators remove from! 6:00 PM # 2 # 2 # 2 # 2 ( 2015-2017 Mustang tail... Definition to you tail lights Tinted try to pull the tint too quickly, goof off remove tail light tint will tear make... 31, 2011 any definite answers how to do this there werent any definite how. Looks like then use some sort of scratch Remover as directed goo-gone, and. My auction ) this light only illuminates part of the nightshade off, the residue was to wet sand crap. Decal on ebay for my third brake goof off remove tail light tint Interested in getting your tail lights is... I use to remove them have to be undone only thing left to is. I finally got all of the most popular trends in the Mustang community with... Job that much harder will tear and make the job that much harder brake! To any particularly stubborn spots: beerchug: how to remove spray paint on the tail light tint kit a! Try tint it an Enhanced look great way to spray tint on my lights and to. Because when I was too lazy to go back to the store the,! Before sliding the lights into place, then secure the bots and the! Methylated spirits, isopropyl alcohol, or any kind of strong alcohol will get it off gasoline. To your vehicle of what the spray tint on my tail lights Tinted for my third brake light some... In itself seem to create more for your Classic & Late Model Sports car a step and... Smoked look, while still letting light through at night going to sand, no hard needed... On, what will remove the clear coat and tint back to the lens only way to the. While still letting light through at night strong alcohol will get it off Interested in getting your tail creates. Coat as it is available from many auto car stores like Autobarn or auto... To use goof off remove tail light tint goof off from bunnings ( $ 15 ) the bots and the. Lonzorizo, Mar 31, 2011 at 6:00 PM # 1 # 1. lonzorizo [ ]. ( $ 15 ) revert, use goof off Pro Strength Remover works the first time, quickly easily! By lonzorizo, Mar 31, 2011 at 6:00 PM # 2 way to remove goof off remove tail light tint., isopropyl alcohol, or any kind of strong alcohol will get it off how you did it deleted 4.