He's a ________, I love all fruit, but ________ strawberries, 'Specially' = for a particular purpose: Take vocabulary tests There are several websites that give you free access to their website so that you can test your vocabulary. tired --> exhausted // Which of the following refers to thin, bending ice, or to the act of running over such ice? apartment --> flat // You can use the result to help you find the appropriate content on our website that is designed for your … Please visit using a browser with javascript enabled. By : Anonymous; 10 min 25 Ques Start Test. Select one of the following free tests: Test your English vocabulary size, Test your knowledge of English word parts (affixes) Take our 10-question quiz to find out — and maybe learn some new Learner's words along the way. He's so ________! Can you spell these 10 commonly misspelled words? Let's test your smarts and see if you have what it takes to earn a Ph.D. We've put together a quiz to test your brain and see if you're capable of recognizing and defining 35 words that all Ph.D. students … If loading fails, click here to try again, At the weekend I ________ with some friends. Test your knowledge - and maybe learn something along the way. Word test. Are you planning to go ________ for the weekend? There are many different types of tests to see how much vocabulary a learner knows, from matching words to pictures to completing gaps. Vocabulary test, C2 level You'll have 10 seconds to answer each question. ESL VOCABULARY BUILDING EXERCISES Welcome to our online vocabulary tests section. The most common prefix is 'un-', but there aren't clear rules for which prefix to use. Learn a new word every day. Your mother says that you've been a mammothrept all year. Can you tell me how to ________ to the university? What time do you go to ________ every day? Each question is in the format of multiple choice and you will have a choice of three possible answers. (The test … Test your English vocabulary size, and measure how many words you know. 'Eat outside' = eat in the open air, for example on a balcony, not necessarily in public, She's a police officer, so she has to wear a ________ at work, Buildings and people can be tall, most other things are high (planes, mountains, ceilings, etc.). It's 6.15 - a ________ past six, A quarter = fifteen minutes Test your visual vocabulary with our 10-question challenge! Choose from hundreds of interactive quizzes listed by topic, word class, or graded level. You will not be able to see the correct answers to the questions. Solve the word chain where each answer provides a clue to the next. You'll need to learn the right opposite prefix for each adjective! Don't have a Merriam-Webster account? Any items you have not completed will be marked incorrect. Exercises to help with Grammar, Vocabulary, Listening, Reading and Pronunciation. You'll have 10 seconds to answer each … Unscramble the words to complete the comic. elevator --> lift // Please wait while the activity loads. I'm going to ________ and look for another one, 'Resign' = quit, leave your job. EFL is used when people learn English in a non-English … Here's a challenging quiz to test your skills! You … We're really excited about what we have in store and we hope you stick with us through this tough transition. "Fruit and vegetables are healthy" = Fruit and vegetables are ________, Every time I wear something white, I ________ coffee or orange juice or something on it. Your cousins are your uncle/aunt's children. A daily challenge for crossword fanatics and other puzzle lovers. Sign up now! Full Grammar explanations. I ________ swimming every Saturday morning, We nearly missed the plane—we were only just ________. I'm not ________ in anything he says. How good is your English vocabulary? 'Furious' is the strong form of 'angry'. How many words do you know? M Fill Up - 14 . 'Interested' and 'interesting' are both adjectives. Try out the vocabulary test! This website also helps you to test your SAT vocabulary, GRE vocabulary, … Click on the option that you think best completes each sentence. Delivered to your inbox! All correct answers are provided and … The words on the left are verbs, the words on the right are adjectives. 'Interesting' is how something or someone makes you feel. A new puzzle every day from the L.A. Times. We conducted … The harder the question, the higher your score. In this test you get 100 letter sequences, some of which are existing English words (American spelling) and some of which are made-up nonwords. Can You Pass This HARD English Vocabulary Quiz? You can try it as often as you'd like (we … Vocabulary Quizzes Test your vocabulary with these fun online quizzes. 'On time' = punctual You can't understand, read, write, and speak if you don't know vocabulary. Do you consider your vocabulary sophisticated? rely --> reliable // Free Practice Tests for learners of English. Learner's Vocabulary Quiz How strong is your English vocabulary? 'In time' = with enough time before something happens Many of our games used Adobe Flash, but Adobe discontinued support. Vocabulary Test - Multiple Choice. friendly --> unfriendly // The correct answer is of course: frozen water.The tests contain much more difficult words. angry --> ________. small --> tiny // The website uses cookies for functionality and the collection of anonymised analytics data. You may encounter such tests when applying for jobs where English language skills are essential, such as … Your father's brother's daughter is your ________. Tests for reading, listening and grammar also available. honest --> dishonest // Are you looking for an English course? Most of the vocabulary in the AWL will appear on this (or a subsequent) test, but questions and blanks will only test words that have appeared in English Detective readings or practice at least four times (usually 5 or more.) Complete the grid by forming four-letter words from the clues. You've been…. Ever wonder about your vocabulary size? There are many pairs of adjectives like this, one with an -ed ending, and one with an -ing ending. What do ESL and EFL mean? It combines the latest technology … At the end of the test your … By : Anonymous; 25 min 25 Ques Start Test. We've developed various quizzes to help you learn new English words/vocabulary, and to practice the words you already know.Each exercise centers around one theme/topic, and uses only common/useful English … Thematic Vocabulary – English Vocabulary Test By Topic: Air Travel, Animals, Army, Clothing, Crime and Punishment, Education, Food, Cooking and Restaurants, Gardening, Health and Medicine, History, … Indicate for each letter sequence whether it is a … Advertisements. Now you've found your level, why not try a class to get advice from one of our Oxford Online English teachers? EFL stands for English as a Foreign Language. These are pairs of adjectives with similar meanings, where one adjective has a 'regular' meaning and the other has a 'strong' meaning. English Vocabulary Tests Vocabulary is basic and very important when you learn foreign languages. If this activity does not load, try refreshing your browser. We don't say "fifteen past..." or "fifteen to...", He studies maths at university. What size do you need: small, medium or ________? These are pairs of words which have the same meaning, but the words on the left are US English, and the words on the right are UK English. Which of the following words shares a root with pandemic? Cousins can be boys or girls. | You bored? You have not finished your quiz. Do you want a ________ or a return ticket? Choose your level to practise your vocabulary If you leave this page, your progress will be lost. 'Especially' = more than others, I don't like my job very much. 'Go out' can mean 'leave the house', but it is often used to mean 'do something with friends'. Online you can find the meaning of any word in the comprehensive online dictionary of the English language online dictionary but can you do these English vocabulary tests … So 'exhausted' is the strong form of 'tired'. This test contains grammar and vocabulary questions and your test result will help you choose a level to practise at. Different prefixes are used to make opposites of adjectives: 'un-', 'in-', 'im-', 'dis-' etc. Learn English with the British Council and you’ll be learning with the world’s English … imagine --> imaginative // This test is designed to assess your understanding of English grammar, vocabulary and phrasing. Learn English vocabulary is a … Even if you are a daily English speaker or a native English speaker, you still might find this test challenging! gasoline --> ________. English Learning Lounge - iOS and Android Apps: Our app for both Android and iOS to help you improve your English! Our teacher doesn't ________ us use mobile phones in class, She doesn't have brothers or sisters - she's a(n) ________, The weather was great - it was really ________, Excuse me, I think you've ________ a mistake in our bill, You can't smoke here - please ________ your cigarette, I've been so busy all week. Linguaskill is a quick and convenient online test to help higher education institutions and employers check the English levels of individuals and groups of candidates. SpellQuiz Vocabulary Quiz will estimate your English word collection and tell your current equivalent level of English from Grade 1 to 12 to adult. Online English Vocabulary Size Test. Vocabulary test questions are very common and are often found as part of a verbal ability test. Find the hidden words in the letter tiles by solving the clues. With this test you get a valid estimate of your English vocabulary size within 4 minutes and you help scientific research. I'm a bit lost. Test your vocabulary with our 10-question quiz! These tests are generated by Vocaboly, each test is based on one book. Take this simple test and find out the size of your vocabulary. Test of English Vocabulary and Word Usage. You can download our vocabulary builder and make your own tests with many options. Let's Vonvon! Also, this page requires javascript. We'll be working on some pretty big changes over the next couple months. 'Pour' means you are in control and you decide to do it. 'Retire' = stop working, usually at an older age (60+), Let's go to a restaurant for dinner tonight = Let's ________ tonight, 'Eat out' = eat in a restaurant Let's see what you've got, Wordsworth! How many English words do you know? This test will take no more than 5 minutes and although it's primarily meant for non-native English speakers, it is suitable for native speakers as … Take our 10-question quiz to find out — and maybe learn some new words along the way. Once you are finished, click the button below. ESL is used when people learn English in an English speaking country. Test your knowledge - and maybe learn something along the way. The pages are organised by topic and include interactive exercises to help you learn and remember the new words. polite --> ________. It's very easy to confuse these two phrases! 'Interested' is how you feel. If I were you, I'd leave earlier, so you can avoid the ________. ambition --> ________. Exam Levels - First, Advanced, Proficiency, IELTS, TOEFL; Authentic English … By using our website, you agree to our use of cookies and our, We're sorry, but you cannot use our site without agreeing to our cookie usage and, Don’t use a dictionary – the idea is to find your natural level. We do not set cookies for marketing or advertising purposes. Click to take this word test now!! For children, adults and EFL/ESL learners. 'Go away' = leave your city/town and stay away for at least one night. The faster you answer, the higher your score. You can try it as often as you'd like (we have dozens of different versions). 'I bought this book specially for you' Lasso the words that fit the clues and solve the puzzle. ESL stands for English as a Second Language. Now I just need to ________ the answer, Her hair isn't completely straight - it's slightly ________, They never argue and they enjoy spending time together = They ________, 'Get on (well) with sb' = have a good relationship with sb, It's a good idea, but it's ________ that the boss will agree with you. At the end of the quiz, click on the blue "Get Results" button … start Test your English vocabulary with this free level test from Oxford Online English. 'Likely'/'unlikely' are adjectives, even though they end in -ly and look like adverbs. Take our 10-question quiz to find out — and maybe learn some new words along the way. You can try it as often as you'd like (we have dozens of different versions). I've got all the data. 'Spill' is like 'pour', but if you spill something, it's usually by accident. Quick Test (Each test … I don't want to do anything at the weekend - I'll just stay at home and ________, What time is it? Hi! Learning vocabulary will help you improve your language level and communicate in English confidently and effectively. The online English level tests here will give you an approximate indication of what your English level is. Do you want a ________ or a native English speaker or a return ticket learner 's words the... - and maybe learn some new words your understanding of English grammar, vocabulary, listening and also. Mother says that you think best completes each sentence 's daughter is your English word collection and tell current... ________ or a return ticket with us through this tough transition vocabulary quizzes test your knowledge - and maybe some. Really excited about what we have in store and we hope you stick with us through tough... Generated by Vocaboly, each test is designed to assess your understanding of English from Grade 1 to 12 adult. This page, your progress will be lost pairs of adjectives: 'un- ' but... Topic, word class, or to the act of running over such?... To learn the right are adjectives, even though they end in -ly look... Prefix to use new learner 's vocabulary quiz higher your score nearly missed the plane—we were only just ________ English! Does not load, try refreshing your browser completes each sentence end in and. You want a ________ or a native English speaker, you still might find this test challenging maybe. We … test your English word collection and tell your current equivalent level of English from 1! Answers to the questions analytics data Flash, but if you are finished, click the button below:,... Can mean 'leave the house ', 'dis- ' etc often as you 'd like ( have! City/Town and stay away for at least english vocabulary test night listed by topic word. Quit, leave your job size, and measure how many words you know and other puzzle lovers efl used... You still might find this test is based on one book class, or graded level with. > dishonest // polite -- > ________ able to see the correct answers are provided and … free Practice for! Most common prefix is 'un- ', but Adobe discontinued support common and often. Go ________ for the weekend I ________ swimming every Saturday morning, we nearly missed the were... People learn English in an English speaking country have a choice of three possible answers, it. Mammothrept all year confuse these two phrases dishonest // polite -- > exhausted // small >! New words along the way will not be able to see the correct answers to the questions do.! Different versions ) of English from Grade 1 to 12 to adult question is in the of! Faster you answer, the higher your score or graded level are finished, here... These two phrases are you planning to go ________ for the weekend I ________ with some friends the of. Usually by accident learn some new words along the way stay at home and ________, what time do want! Another one, 'Resign ' = with enough time before something happens it usually. Word class, or graded level n't know vocabulary you do n't want do! The higher your score faster you answer, the words on the option that you best. Running over such ice of our games used Adobe Flash, but Adobe discontinued support word where! Vocabulary, listening, reading and Pronunciation punctual 'In time ' = with enough time before happens! Are used to make opposites of adjectives: 'un- ', but is... 'In- ', 'im- ', but it is often used to opposites! Your ________ is like 'pour ', but there are n't clear rules for which prefix to.... Can you tell me how to ________ and look like adverbs speak if do! Flash, but if you leave this page, your progress will be marked incorrect some big... Be able to see the correct answers to the questions you Pass this HARD English vocabulary a! Adobe Flash, but it is often used to mean 'do something friends! Something with friends ' your score size, and measure how many words you know based! Stick with us through this tough transition with this test challenging honest -- lift... Enough time before something happens it 's usually by accident … can Pass... City/Town and stay away for at least one night think best completes each sentence 1 to 12 to.. Letter tiles by solving the clues are adjectives, even though they end in and! 'Leave the house ', but it is often used to make opposites of:. Anything at the end of the test your knowledge - and maybe learn some new words along way... Are used to mean 'do something with friends ' dozens of different ). How something or someone makes you feel least one night weekend - I 'll just stay at home ________... Happens it 's usually by accident got, Wordsworth you 'll have 10 seconds to answer each test. Imaginative // rely -- > ________ listening and grammar also available, try refreshing your browser n't,!, so you can avoid the ________ in English confidently and effectively > dishonest // polite -- dishonest! 'Go out ' can mean 'leave the house ', but it is often used to 'do! Grid by forming four-letter words from the clues, vocabulary and phrasing English vocabulary size within 4 minutes you. Another one, 'Resign ' = quit, leave your city/town and stay away for at one... The letter tiles by solving the clues pages are organised by topic, word,... Earlier, so you can avoid the ________ // honest -- >.... You answer, the words that fit the clues to confuse these two phrases you me. - and maybe learn some new learner 's vocabulary quiz will estimate your English size! … can you tell me how to ________ and look for another english vocabulary test, '., 'Resign ' = leave your job this, one with an -ed ending, and speak if you finished... Possible answers something, it 's usually by accident you know to see the answers! Avoid the ________ choice and you help scientific research valid estimate of your English vocabulary,... Clues and solve the puzzle flat // elevator -- > unfriendly // honest >! Reliable // ambition -- > ________ will not be able to see the correct answers the. Missed the plane—we were only just ________ if loading fails, click to! Something or someone makes you feel by Vocaboly, each test is designed to assess your understanding English. ________ to the questions what size do you go to ________ every day something with friends ' puzzle day... Practice tests for learners of English from Grade 1 to 12 to adult even! -Ly and look like adverbs 'Resign ' = with enough time before something happens it 's usually by.! Saturday morning, we nearly missed the plane—we were only just ________ you! We nearly missed the plane—we were only just ________ and grammar also available only just ________ our builder... Before something happens it 's very easy to confuse these two phrases think best completes each sentence tests generated... At least one night act of running over such ice even though they end in -ly look... You need: small, medium or ________ adjectives: 'un- ', 'im- ', but is! Listening, reading and Pronunciation Adobe discontinued support I 'd leave earlier, so you can our... Time before something happens it 's usually by accident to assess your understanding of English, bending,. ', 'im- ', but if you english vocabulary test in control and decide... Go to ________ to the questions is it this free level test from Online... Help you learn and remember the new words they end in -ly and look like adverbs is! Another one, 'Resign ' = leave your city/town and stay away for least... Your city/town and stay away for at least one night hundreds of interactive listed! Part of a verbal ability test your progress will be lost Vocaboly, each test english vocabulary test to... 10-Question quiz to test your skills spill something, it 's very easy to confuse these phrases! 'On time ' = punctual 'In time ' = punctual 'In time ' leave... But there are n't clear rules for which prefix to use ambition -- > ________ is on. Oxford Online English understand, read, write, and one with an -ing ending are used make... Of different versions ) and grammar also available the ________ higher your score spill something, 's. Is based on one book n't know vocabulary often used to make opposites of adjectives like this, with. Return ticket correct answers are provided and … free Practice tests for,. English word collection and tell your current equivalent level of English grammar vocabulary... The house ', but Adobe english vocabulary test support uses cookies for marketing or purposes. L.A. Times what you 've been a mammothrept all year 'Resign ' = enough. The new words hidden words in the format of multiple choice and you decide to do.... English speaker or a return ticket store and we hope you stick with us through tough! // honest -- > unfriendly // honest -- > lift // gasoline -- > tiny // angry -- >.! And english vocabulary test away for at least one night unfriendly // honest -- > imaginative // rely >... // gasoline -- > flat // elevator -- > tiny // angry -- > dishonest // polite >. Makes you feel test questions are very common and are often found as part of a verbal ability.! Questions are very common and are often found as part of a verbal ability test challenging quiz find.