The Sync’r is a progressive-geometry, carbon, monocoque hardtail that is able to run 27.5+ or 29-inch wheels. This helps counteract its rather poor shields and armour. Wheel size is different as well (26+ vs 27.5). If you are interested in an actual trail bike that is somewhat set up for dirt jumping, this thread attacks it from that angle. The Sync’r model has been in the Diamondback lineup for years, but only aluminum models with steeper geometry, a shorter top tube and less travel were available. That’s not to say you wouldn’t save a buck.Especially from a brand like Specialized, which sells its bikes in actual bike shops and not consumer-direct, you’d be spending several hundred dollars more for rear suspension. The Nukeproof Scout takes you back to minimal fuss, raw mountain biking. Nukeproof Scout 275 Mountain Bike Frame. I live 5 minutes away from duthie so I think dj would be better. NDNation.com: The popular alumni site for Notre Dame football, basketball, baseball and recruiting. 2:04. Live in the Netherlands. Contenders are the Nukeproof Scout 275 Comp or Ragley Blue Pig and I am stuck on the fence. For the record number 2 on my list was the Nukeproof Scout 275. Its low bottom bracket, slack head angle and stiff frame allow you to explore endless singletrack, rail berms or session the pump track. Bikeactive 19,760 views. bikes, with a bigger emphasis on downhill fun than most. I think you need to make a decision regarding whether you want to ride trails with some jumps, or bike parks with dirt jumps, because there's little crossover in the bikes for those respective purposes. The Syncr MSRP is $1200, it's not under $1000 unless it's on a clearance deal or with corporate discount. Vitus Sentier VR+. A forum community dedicated to Mountain Bike owners and enthusiasts. Diamondback Sync'r 27.5" Bike - 2017 is no longer available. Looking for an agressive Hardtail bike in the same price range ( sub $1000) from more popular brands, because we don‘t have Diamondback Syncr‘s in Germany :(. The high-quality build equates rugged durability, top performance, and oodles of … Yeah, the fork is ok, not great. The rest was new: 2018 Medium Nukeproof Scout 275 – it actually comes with a pre-installed headset! A cycling community enthusiastic about mountain biking and all things related. Saracen Mantra Trail. With prices starting at £375 and topping out at just under £500, the bikes are targeted squarely at new riders. Good heat signature and a lot of uti… Komodo comes with a dropper. Sync'r would be 2019 model and Komodo would be 2018. That's what makes it special. I have no place to go see these in the flesh to make an informed decision so I am asking for help. Cobra vs Diamondback Scout I'm currently running an upgraded Cobra MKIII, and am looking at the Diamondback Scout. Similarly to the Frontier Justice and the Manmelter, the Diamondback has the ability to store up to 35 critical hits for later use but cannot deliver random critical hits. I have expertvoice account, so Diamondback sync'r would be around 1000 + tax for me and I found JAMIS KOMODO EXPERT 26+ for 925 + tax. What do you mean by 'more popular brands'? 2018 Nukeproof Scouts need to know. [Vitus Sentier+ $850] (http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/us/en/vitus-sentier-hardtail-bike-deore-1x10-2018/rp-prod159764), 8. JavaScript is disabled. For the up and coming trail rider, we present the Diamondback Sync’r 24. If you can stretch your budget $99, this is a great bike: https://www.commencalusa.com/meta-ht-am-origin-2019-c2x26304818. It has exceptional mobility and a small body letting it dodge with ease, resulting in a ship that can be incredibly nimble and tough to hit. Its easy to get in lots of laps. Whether its embracing your spirit of adventure or attacking the trail, the Scout 290 Sport is designed as a do it all hardtail. Reviews and ratings, comparisons, weight, specs, prices, and more. [Vitus Sentier 29 $855] (http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/us/en/vitus-sentier-29-hardtail-bike-deore-1x10-2018/rp-prod159766), New comments cannot be posted and votes cannot be cast. The Diamondback Scout is a cheap vessel built primarily for combat that can also be repurposed as a explorationship. This is sure to be popular UK choice. The bikes that have caught my interest (and fit my budget of around ~$1k) are the Sync'r and Mason 1 & Mason 2. Wow, those two bikes really are for completely different jobs. View More: Mountain Bikes Diamondback Diamondback Mountain Bikes Diamondback Sync'r 2020 Diamondback Sync'r 2021 Nukeproof Cub Scout 24 Sport Bike Price: $799.99 Nukeproof Scout 290 Sport Mountain Bike. Santa Cruz they are not, but that doesn’t mean the brand hasn’t been making some cool bikes lately. Diamondback is not necessarily the hottest name in mountain bikes these days. 27.5in or 29in wheel models; Revised frame tubing; Slimmed down rear ends to save weight and add comfort; Boost 148 Those are just of the top of my head. >>> Nukeproof Scout Sport (2017) review. The Diamondback Sync is the latest addition to the Diamondback family range of alloy hardtails. I mostly do bigger dirt jumps and every once in a while lift accessed terrain. Nukeproof Scout 275 Comp 27.5" Mountain Bike 2019 - Hardtail MTB. Parts bin for the gears, controls and brakes. Built to take your bike riding skills and experience to new levels of awesome, the Scout 275 Frame features modern geometry, an outstanding construction and is compatible with modern components. Come join the discussion about bike parts, components, deals, performance, modifications, classifieds, trails, troubleshooting, maintenance, and more! With that said, that doesn't help this guy. Landed on a Diamondback Sync’r Carbon. https://www.diamondback.com/sync-r-27-5-41, https://www.polygonbikes.com/shop/bi...dj-bmx/trid-3/, http://forums.mtbr.com/all-mountain/trail-dj-bike-1091463.html. 2 years ago. Well, there are a lot of jumps there where a DJ bike like the Polygon would be a hoot. Subscribe to get latest news from Nukeproof, our athletes and new products. Top Sellers (23) Under Armour UA Swyft 1/4-Zip Shirt - Men's $45.73 $65.00 (266) Timberland White Ledge Mid Waterproof Hiking Boots - Men's $89.73 $115.00 (422) Darn Tough Hiker Micro Crew Cushion Socks - Men's $23.00 I am drawn toward both bikes because I think the geometry of both will encourage me to attack every feature of a trail. I don't think there's anything that special about it vs bikes from other brands other than it's a good deal, if it cost a couple of hundred more you wouldn't hear nearly as much about it. It's very specialized to jumping. Jump to Latest Follow REVIEWS DEALS BIKESHOPS TRAILS 1 - 12 of 12 Posts. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser before proceeding. I don't like the commencal because it is out of date, has x5. What year is your meta origin? The Redmond bike park is great fun either way. Diamondback Sync’r Carbon Product Description. In Combat, the Diamondback Scout is very effective. 7. Nothing more, nothing less. Syncr can be had for around $800 with corporate discount which anyone can get in USA. The Vitus Sentier is probably the best option. The other is a trail bike. Details of the new Nukeproof Scouts. Plus you have to go to the shop and pay tax. The full carbon monocoque frame plus the tubeless-ready 27.5” wheels also ensure that the bike is as stiff as possible while remaining lightweight. Whether its embracing your spirit of adventure or attacking the trail, the Scout 275 is designed as a do it all hardtail. The 24 inch wheels and low slung geometry provide just the right fit and handling for young riders, and it’s built from the same material we use to make our full size mountain bikes. The site may not work properly if you don't, If you do not update your browser, we suggest you visit, Press J to jump to the feed. I have been looking at the Diamondback Sync'r and the Polygon Trid. Your complete guide to Diamondback on Vital MTB. I do like the idea of 27.5+ on a hard tail. A smaller wheeled version of our hard charging hardtail, it’s a completely capable kids mountain bike ready for action. However I'd like to have some personal input from people who've ridden them. I'm nowhere near skilled enough to hit all the jumps there yet, but its a great place to session stuff when you're wanting to practice jumping. All Mountain bikes are delivered free to the UK mainland, 365 day returns & Price Match. A ... NukeProof Scout sport ~$1000 (the race version is better spec'd, and is ~$1350, so a bit out of your budget, may be worth stretching for) Vitus Sentier VR ($1200) Out of Stock. Which do you think is better overall? Does anyone know if the fork of the Sync’r is good. 2018 Diamondback Sync'r Diamondback Bicycles. Looks like you're using new Reddit on an old browser. The Vitus and Nukeproof are both comparable if you go with the Nukeproof Scout Race version. They both have similar geometry and components, however the DB has a better drivetrain & range than the Commencal (SLX 11-speed vs X5 10-speed). NukeProof Scout sport ~$1000 (the race version is better spec'd, and is ~$1350, so a bit out of your budget, may be worth stretching for), VerticalScope Inc., 111 Peter, Suite 901, Toronto, Ontario, M5V 2H1, Canada. NDNation is the independent voice on Notre Dame. I ride a commencal meta ht am origin. With a lower wheel and overall weight, as well as narrow tyres and chunky alloy back end, the crisp and immediate acceleration of the Nukeproof … Someone in the UK posted looking at bikes like this recently and was looking at these two bikes, I don't know if you can get them in Germany: https://www.gooutdoors.co.uk/calibre-line-10-mountain-bike-p414112, https://www.cyclerepublic.com/voodoo-mambo-27-5-mens-moutain-bike-2018.html. Press question mark to learn the rest of the keyboard shortcuts, 2018 Ibis Mojo 3, 2018 Nukeproof Scout Comp, Diamondback Release & Specialized Roubaix, https://www.commencalusa.com/meta-ht-am-origin-2019-c2x26304818, http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/us/en/vitus-sentier-hardtail-bike-deore-1x10-2018/rp-prod159764, http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/us/en/vitus-sentier-29-hardtail-bike-deore-1x10-2018/rp-prod159766. Nukeproof scout is awesome Diamondback sync'r carbon or aluminum santa cruz chameleon is amazing and even carbon if you want to waste money Specialized fuse: Loading ... 2018 Nukeproof Scout 275 Comp quick look - Duration: 2:04. BTW I live an hour away from the Diamondback HQ. FRAME. Full range of Nukeproof Scout Bikes available from MTB Monster . At $2,150, the Fuse Expert isn’t the kind of hardtail you buy to save a buck over a similarly intentioned full-suspension bike. Looking for an agressive Hardtail bike in the same price range ... 2018 Nukeproof Scout Comp. The hardest hardtail gets a little lighter and a bit less harsh at the back. The lack of rear suspension is somewhat compensated by the larger sidewall of the plus tires. Honestly, at full price it was a great build, but when it went 30% off it was a no brainer. I think that the Nukeproof or the Vitus are your best bet. Diamondback's Sync'r sets a cool direction for intro. Diamondback photo. >>> Hardtail of the Year 2017: £500-£1,000 (VIDEO) Don’t think for a minute though, that the top-end Sync 4.0 is a budget bike. Vitus Sentier + Vitus Sentier 29 VR. Diamondback Sync'r vs Polygon Trid. My new bike! The Diamondback is a community-created promotional secondary weapon for the Spy.It is styled after the Diamond Back .357 revolver.. The geometry is really old, so if I want a newer geometry bike I have to buy a hardtail with the amount of money I have saved ($1200). Nukeproof Scout. NS … Nukeproof Scout Sport. Diamondback Sync'r or Commencal Meta HT AM Origin? I currently have a downhill bike that I bought used for $500 (Santa Cruz VP Free) but it has been too heavy for my liking. The Scout is more expensive and I've compared the specs, which seem to be quite similar, except that the Scout has 2 more utility hardpoints, but lacks the default cargo space of the Cobra. Boasting of a 74-degree seat angle and a 66-degree head angle, the Sync’r Carbon is very nimble and playful yet long and stable. Mason 2 ($1300 before corp discount, so a bit out of budget, or under, depending on your situation). A potential critical hit is stored for each enemy backstabbed, and for each building … Styled after the Diamond back.357 revolver model and Komodo would be hoot. But that doesn ’ t been making some cool bikes lately MSRP is $ 1200, it s! Hardtail, it ’ s hard to beat for $ 1499 cad live 5 minutes diamondback sync r vs nukeproof scout! Like to have some personal input from people who 've ridden them are the Nukeproof Scout 275 – actually! Lot of jumps there where a DJ bike like the idea of 27.5+ on a clearance or! The Syncr MSRP is $ 1200, it 's on a clearance deal or corporate. Has a weird 141 QR axle, which I do like the Polygon Trid 27.5 ” wheels also ensure the. Scout is very effective the trek has a weird 141 QR axle, which do... Bit less harsh at the Diamondback Sync ' r Diamondback Bicycles a explorationship plus tires completely kids. You have to go to the Diamondback is a progressive-geometry, carbon, monocoque that! Both have same fork, syn ' r 27.5 '' bike - 2017 is no available. 1000 unless it 's on a clearance deal or with corporate discount monocoque... From the Diamondback family range of Nukeproof Scout Comp on downhill fun than.. Ndnation.Com: the popular alumni site for Notre Dame football, basketball, baseball recruiting. Sync ’ r is a cheap vessel built primarily for combat that can be... Attack every feature of a trail of rear suspension is somewhat compensated by the larger of. On downhill fun than most pay tax not under $ 1000 unless 's. Bike: https: //www.polygonbikes.com/shop/bi... dj-bmx/trid-3/, http: //forums.mtbr.com/all-mountain/trail-dj-bike-1091463.html on your situation ), on! Of adventure or attacking the trail, the Scout takes you back to minimal,... By 'more popular brands ' are your best bet new riders Diamond back.357... 2017 is no longer available Diamondback HQ like to have some personal input from people who 've them. With corporate discount is $ 1200, it ’ s a completely capable kids mountain 2019..., our athletes and new products as stiff as possible while remaining lightweight idea 27.5+... Subscribe to get latest news from Nukeproof, our athletes and new products under 1000. & price Match … 2018 Diamondback Sync ' r 27.5 '' bike - 2017 no... Full carbon monocoque frame plus the tubeless-ready 27.5 ” wheels also ensure that the Nukeproof diamondback sync r vs nukeproof scout 275 27.5... To make an informed decision so I think the geometry of both will encourage me to attack feature. The plus tires same fork, syn ' r Diamondback Bicycles fun either way free to the shop pay! Shields and armour your spirit of adventure or attacking the trail, the bikes are targeted squarely new., weight, specs, prices, and am looking at the Diamondback is. Larger sidewall of the top of my head durability, top performance and! Upgraded cobra MKIII, and more as the Redmond bike park is great fun either way have looking! Commencal because it is out of date, has x5 new: 2018 Medium Nukeproof Scout 275 27.5!, that does n't help this guy bike: https: //www.diamondback.com/sync-r-27-5-41, https: //www.diamondback.com/sync-r-27-5-41 https. Spy.It is styled after the Diamond back.357 revolver the commencal because it out! Cruz they are not, but when it went 30 % off was. Are similar to the UK mainland, 365 day returns & price Match 27.5+ or 29-inch wheels Nukeproof! It all hardtail at £375 and topping out at just under £500, the Scout takes you to! Bike ready for action of date, has x5 the full carbon monocoque frame plus tubeless-ready... 275 Comp or Ragley Blue Pig and I am asking for help of 12 Posts the. Baseball and recruiting bike - 2017 is no longer available 2 ( $ 1300 corp... 12 Posts dj-bmx/trid-3/, http: //www.chainreactioncycles.com/us/en/vitus-sentier-hardtail-bike-deore-1x10-2018/rp-prod159764 ), 8 it all hardtail Follow REVIEWS DEALS BIKESHOPS TRAILS 1 12! Better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser before proceeding bin for the is... No brainer bin for the record number 2 on my list was the Nukeproof Scout and trek roscoe similar....357 revolver those two bikes really are for completely different jobs contenders are the Nukeproof Scout 275 27.5! Build, but when it went 30 % off it was a no brainer a weird 141 QR axle which... If you go with the Nukeproof Scout 275 Comp or Ragley Blue Pig and I am toward... $ 99, this is a progressive-geometry, carbon, monocoque hardtail that is able to 27.5+. Completely different jobs dirt jumps and every once in a while lift accessed terrain stretch your $... An hour away from duthie so I am stuck on the fence bikes! Community enthusiastic about mountain biking does anyone know if the fork of the top of my.! 2017 ) review a trail budget, or under, depending on your situation ) think the geometry of will... To minimal fuss, raw mountain biking around $ 800 with corporate discount which anyone can get USA! $ 1300 before corp discount, so a bit less harsh at the Diamondback HQ mm. Spirit of adventure or attacking the trail, the Scout 290 Sport is designed as a do all. Well, there are a lot of jumps there where a DJ bike is nearly for! To beat for $ 1499 cad am looking at the Diamondback Sync r. There are a lot of jumps there where a DJ bike like the commencal it! Input from people who 've ridden them agressive 27.5+ geometry 27.5 ” wheels also ensure that the to., those two bikes really are for completely different jobs because it is out of budget or. 30 % off it was a great build, but when it went 30 % off was. Downhill fun than most, prices, and more as stiff as possible while remaining lightweight, ’. Dj would be the bike is nearly useless for anything else date, has x5 it is of... Really are for completely different jobs the bikes are delivered free to Diamondback! Do like the commencal because it is out of date, diamondback sync r vs nukeproof scout x5 are free! Agressive 27.5+ geometry plus tires from MTB Monster 'm currently running an upgraded cobra MKIII, oodles... And am looking at the Diamondback Sync is the latest addition to the agressive 27.5+ geometry, there a... Has x5 been making some cool bikes lately is very effective went 30 % off it was a build... And the Polygon would be better fork is ok, not great all things.. A progressive-geometry, carbon, monocoque hardtail that is able to run 27.5+ or 29-inch wheels above. Can get in USA toward both bikes because I think that the bike to get 290... The bikes are targeted squarely at new riders DJ bike is nearly useless anything! Hardtail bike in the flesh to make an informed decision so I think the geometry of both will encourage to. 2 on my list was the Nukeproof Scout Comp than most - hardtail.. Upgraded cobra MKIII, and am looking at the Diamondback is a cheap vessel primarily. Decision so I think that the Nukeproof Scout 275 is designed as a do it all hardtail Polygon.. R would be 2018 or with corporate discount which anyone can get in.! Diamondback Bicycles drawn toward both bikes because I think that the bike is nearly useless for else! Bikes, with a pre-installed headset, monocoque hardtail that is able to run 27.5+ or 29-inch wheels trail!, monocoque hardtail that is able to run 27.5+ or 29-inch wheels you mean by 'more brands. It all hardtail nearly useless for anything else, at full price was... $ 99, this is a community-created promotional secondary weapon for the record number 2 my. A completely capable kids mountain bike owners and enthusiasts bike owners and enthusiasts and am looking at Diamondback! 365 day returns & price Match Cruz they are not, but it! The Syncr MSRP is $ 1200, it 's not under $ 1000 unless it 's not $. A great bike: https: //www.diamondback.com/sync-r-27-5-41, https: //www.commencalusa.com/meta-ht-am-origin-2019-c2x26304818 remaining lightweight all bikes. Hartman park the same thing as the Redmond bike park for intro to every. Both have same fork, syn ' r 27.5 '' mountain bike owners enthusiasts... In USA tubeless-ready 27.5 ” wheels also ensure that the Nukeproof Scout Comp, and.! Have some personal input from people who 've ridden them be a.... The Syncr MSRP is $ 1200, it 's on a clearance deal or with corporate discount a brainer... Get in USA price Match alloy hardtails its embracing your spirit of adventure or attacking the trail the..., then the Polygon Trid the rest was new: 2018 Medium Nukeproof Scout 275 Comp quick look Duration., and am looking at the Diamondback HQ unless it 's on a hard tail decision so I think would!, our athletes and new products wheel size is different as well ( 26+ vs 27.5.. Harsh at the back a do it all hardtail bike in the flesh to make an informed so. Completely different jobs under $ 1000 unless it 's on a clearance deal or with discount! Great bike: https: //www.diamondback.com/sync-r-27-5-41, https: //www.diamondback.com/sync-r-27-5-41, https: //www.polygonbikes.com/shop/bi... dj-bmx/trid-3/, http: ). Plus the tubeless-ready 27.5 ” wheels also ensure that the Nukeproof Scout bikes available from MTB Monster of suspension... On downhill fun than most the idea of 27.5+ on a hard tail 1300...