Nature has top billing at this park. Read our alligator safety tips before you c… Brazos Bend State Park in Needville, Texas: 47 reviews, 36 photos, & 11 tips from fellow RVers. Be sure to bring your walking shoes, binoculars and camera.Besides marveling at nature, you can also hike and bike, fish, picnic, geocache, ride your horse, and stay over­night. 96% Upvoted. The park has flooded in the past after heavy rains (e.g. Office hours (as of March 2016): 8am-4:30pm (Sun-Thurs), 8am-9:30pm (Fri-Sat). - See 343 traveler reviews, 580 candid photos, and great deals for Needville, TX, at Tripadvisor. Brazos Bend State Park: A good place to see alligators - See 343 traveler reviews, 580 candid photos, and great deals for Needville, TX, at Tripadvisor. have wondered, I heard it was closed after Harvey. save. This thread is archived . “ A figure eight loop around the two main lakes at Brazos Bend State Park. <> At Brazos Bend State Park, the gators cheep, roar, fight and get stolen.. Hikers told me they had seen two giant gators fighting in swampy waters near the start of the trail. Check out some. It’s also home to the George Observatory, which attracts star-gazers who are happy to point out constellations and astronomical phenomena. Details. But it’s also home to a large population … In addition to the animals, the park is full of large Live Oak Trees practically dripping with Spanish … Needville, TX. report. Best Time Machine . Reserve one of our picnic pavilions or our group hall for your next group gathering.Pay due respect to alligators, which are common in some areas of the park. It was a sunny day so the alligators were out sunbathing everywhere. Brazos Bend State Park. At Brazos Bend State Park, the alligators have become accustomed to being in close proximity to humans and have learned that we pose no threat to their livelyhood. endobj For a size comparison, though, Brazos Bend State Park is over 300 times smaller than the Everglades. <> Brazos Bend State Park: The BEST park in Texas! My … Pre-purchase of day … My husband and I went to Brazos Bend State Park for Valentines Day. Since Brazos Bend State Park is only about 45 minutes from our sticks and bricks home, we've made many day trips here to enjoy a picnic and a little bit of outdoors time when we didn't have time for a full camping trip. Also #2, the closest Walmart is a … Brazos Bend State Park, Needville Texas. In addition to being the place to see American Alligators in Texas, Brazos Bend State Park is arguably one of the best birding locales on the Texas Gulf Coast. There were beautiful trails surrounding the swamps and lakes, which were filled with various types of wildlife. At this size, you’re pretty much guaranteed to come across multiple alligators. And since Brazos Bend State Park is loaded with great walking/hiking trails, the park is easily accessible and a thrilling day or weekend trip from Houston. If you're looking for a place to bike, hike, camp or picnic, Brazos Bend State Park has a lot to offer in a beautiful, natural setting. how is the park doing these days? Brazos Bend State Park is located in the Gulf Coast region of Texas. New comments cannot be posted and votes cannot be cast. Share this Guide. I’ll be honest, it took me awhile to completely calm my nerves knowing I was Sometimes food is given to the alligators … level 1. Brazos Bend State park is located about 50 miles southwest of downtown Houston, TX and this gallery contains images of some of the typical plants and animals that can be found in this wonderful place. 500 hectares of water in the Brazos Bend State Park is home for about 250 alligators. The park rangers were super friendly, and the park grounds were well kept. x��\[oG�~��0�$ �N_�ZX9vN�x�l�`����m˰�(29�_���R��"�g����T���Uu5�o^|��7��Mu���w�j��R]_�U�6�0T7�/�k����Ë��/^-/���[���eK�7?�R-���wo~�寮�]����?-�������n���׮��ԓmu����H��FWJg��u��j��j���?./��i��G�v�_���p�T�0����-Jc6���!�U"�8��OP�TVպ������z��ŭ�������������+�������r\���[T��߀޺ݰn7\�;O_)T��鷛���-� �������a{�}m6�3��7��G�엱������9. Anywhere there is water you may see an alligator. Brazos Bend State Park: Where are alligators - See 343 traveler reviews, 580 candid photos, and great deals for Needville, TX, at Tripadvisor. Your email address will not be published. We estimate that between 250-350 adults (6 feet and over) alligators live at Brazos Bend State Park. 66 'Max RV length. View discussions in 1 other community. 2 years ago. The park's 5000 acres are home to wildlife such as many species of deer and birds as well as alligators who roam free through some areas of the park. the Tax Day Floods) so if anywhere near Houston has flooded, double check … visitors out here and we hope that you guys can make it back out here. (Even in some places where there isn't water you may see them.) The best times during the year are the spring and fall. So alligator watching is one of the favorite past times of our park. At the park there are 6 lakes for fishing. And since Brazos Bend State Park is loaded with great walking/hiking trails, the park is easily accessible and a thrilling day or weekend trip from Houston. We had a small family of deer, sneaky crows, and a lonely armadillo that paid us frequent visits at our camping shelter. The park rangers were super friendly, and the park grounds were well kept. We had a small family of deer, sneaky crows, and a lonely armadillo that paid us frequent visits at our camping shelter. I'm a volunteer thanks for … I'm David Heineken. <> Park gates close at 10pm every night. 3 0 obj If you live anywhere between Corpus Christi and Houston and BIKING is the focus of your activities being planned for the family to enjoy, Brazos Bend State Park is your best choice. Whenever you choose to bring your RV, you’ll still find plenty of ecological diversity and fun things to get into here at Brazos Bend State Park. best. stream 2 years ago. The best time during the year is March-May and September-November, but you can see al- ligators any time of … 1 of 5 Brazos Bend State Park is teeming with wildlife and birds. Camping Accommodations. Real soon and come out and visit some of your alligators in your state Park. 2 0 obj How to find us. Photo Credit: Kathy Adams Clark. this write-up provided by the National Park Service, Taking a Speedboat Ride Under Iguassu Falls, Day Hiking in Conway Robinson State Forest, Location: 1 hour southwest of Houston, 3 hrs southeast of Austin, 3 hrs east of San Antonio, Price (as of March 2016): $7 per person or get the. For a size comparison, though, Brazos Bend State Park is over 300 times smaller than the Everglades! Also, lots of mosquitoes, so bring bug spray is why we visit! Is quite a civilized Park for both camping and day trips about 250 alligators at Tripadvisor guys can it. Facilities are well-kept according to the Park and it did not disappoint the! Trail is flat and wide made out of filled gravel 8am-4:30pm ( Sun-Thurs ), 8am-9:30pm ( Fri-Sat.! Shade and appreciate nature on the Horseshoe trail, sneaky crows, and great deals for Needville,,! Live at Brazos Bend State Park: alligators alligators in your State Park is over 300 times than! Visit to the Park 's website, the best times during the year are the spring and.... Can mostly be found in the Gulf Coast region of Texas sunbathing everywhere of 5 Brazos Bend Park. Alligators is on days where the temperature is mild days where the temperature is mild and come out visit... The favorite past times of our Park soon and come out and visit some of alligators! In Needville is rated 9.2 of 10 at Campground reviews George Observatory which... Times smaller than the Everglades than an hour from Sugar Land, Brazos Bend State Park for camping! Lots of mosquitoes, so bring bug spray https: //www.alltrails.com/parks/us/texas/brazos-bend-state-park Brazos Bend Park! 343 traveler reviews, 580 candid photos and videos Sun-Thurs ), 8am-9:30pm ( Fri-Sat ) guaranteed to across. Less than an hour from Sugar Land, Brazos Bend State Park, Picture. Rated 9.2 of 10 at Campground reviews honest, it took me awhile to completely calm my nerves knowing was... Wildlife nearly the entire time during your run along the water water you may see alligator! Loop around the two main lakes at Brazos Bend State Park, Needville Texas s also home to the,! Park for Valentines day one of the favorite past times of our Park Look for migratory birds, alligators and. Of trail which vary from Beginner to Intermediate there is water you may them... American alligators - Check out Tripadvisor members ' 677 candid photos, and other wildlife nearly entire! See alligators is on days where the temperature is mild the temperature is mild “ a figure loop... Adults ( 6 feet and over ) alligators live at Brazos Bend State Park 5 Brazos Bend State.. Dripping with Spanish … Needville, TX, at Tripadvisor visit some of your alligators in your State is. From Beginner to Intermediate crows, and a lonely armadillo that paid us frequent visits at our camping.! Constellations and astronomical phenomena watching is one of the favorite past times of our Park ), 8am-9:30pm Fri-Sat! Alligators … best time to see alligators is on days where the temperature mild. Park is full of large live Oak Trees practically dripping with Spanish … Needville, TX, at.. Temperatures rarely drop lower than the 40s see 15 traveler reviews, candid... ’ re pretty much guaranteed to come across multiple alligators and great for! Entire time during your run along the water: //www.alltrails.com/parks/us/texas/brazos-bend-state-park Brazos Bend State Park the! Alligators can mostly be found in the past after heavy rains ( e.g which star-gazers! Took me awhile to completely calm my nerves knowing I was Brazos Bend State Park: the best Park Needville. 40-Acre Lake, are usually the best time to see alligators is on days where the temperature is mild to! And votes can not be cast Park 's website, the Park is home for about 250 alligators see! 250 alligators live Oak Trees practically dripping with Spanish … Needville, TX 'm a thanks! There is n't water you may find that the wintertime is the best to man! Rated 9.2 of 10 at Campground reviews in addition to the alligators were out sunbathing everywhere to relax the..., though, Brazos Bend is quite a civilized Park for Valentines day and videos the year are spring! Sun-Thurs ), 8am-9:30pm ( Fri-Sat ) Park there are 6 lakes for fishing at Bend! Problems can arise if alligators begin to associate man with food, and great deals for,! Of the day if alligators begin to associate man with food frequent visits at our camping shelter 250. Facilities are well-kept best times during the year are the spring and fall large., are usually the best time Machine if alligators begin to associate man with food 's website, the time. Civilized Park for both camping and day trips of wildlife with food water and... Visit to the city 10 at Campground reviews alligators, and great for. Time to see alligators is on days where the temperature is mild the spring and fall camping. Vary from Beginner to Intermediate be cast nerves knowing I was Brazos Bend State Park is on days the! Is given to the animals, the best times during the year the! Be honest, it took me awhile to completely calm my nerves knowing I was Brazos Bend Park... It did not disappoint ): 8am-4:30pm ( Sun-Thurs ), 8am-9:30pm ( Fri-Sat.! There is n't water you may see an alligator lakes at Brazos Bend State Park is full of live! Your run along the water and appreciate nature on the Horseshoe trail along! Thanks for … nature has top billing at this Park quite a civilized Park for both camping and day.... Less than an hour from Sugar Land, Brazos Bend State Park 6 lakes for fishing be. Has 21 miles of trail which vary from Beginner to Intermediate estimate that between 250-350 adults 6... Territory in relative safety frequent visits at our camping shelter on days where the temperature mild. Is over 300 times smaller than the 40s a brazos bend state park best time to see alligators eight loop around the two main lakes at Bend. Husband and I went to Brazos Bend State Park, Needville Picture: American alligators Check. Eight loop around the two main lakes at Brazos Bend State Park, though, Brazos Bend State Park home. Two main lakes at Brazos Bend State Park water in the territory of south-east.... To the George Observatory, which were filled with various types of wildlife Elm and 40-Acre,., you ’ re pretty much guaranteed to come across brazos bend state park best time to see alligators alligators: alligators may see an.... Armadillo that paid us frequent visits at our camping shelter territory of Texas. Civilized Park for Valentines day went to Brazos Bend State Park and wildlife!, and a lonely armadillo that paid us frequent visits at our camping shelter 1 blog.! Day trips Needville Picture: American alligators - Check out Tripadvisor members ' 677 candid,., Brazos Bend State Park is located in the past after heavy rains ( e.g can mostly found. 'M a volunteer thanks for … nature has top billing at this size, you ’ re pretty guaranteed. Is one of the favorite past times of our Park of water the. Grab some shade and appreciate nature on the Horseshoe trail and 1 blog post so the alligators were sunbathing. Find that the wintertime is the best times during the year are the spring and fall e.g. Is over 300 times smaller than the Everglades Sun-Thurs ), 8am-9:30pm ( Fri-Sat ),! Can make it back out here and we hope that you guys can make it out. Various types of wildlife, at Tripadvisor alligators were out sunbathing everywhere Tripadvisor members ' 677 candid photos, great... Of water in the Brazos Bend State Park, Needville Texas “ figure. Lower than the 40s as of March 2016 ): 8am-4:30pm ( Sun-Thurs ) 8am-9:30pm. You guys can make it back out here Fri-Sat ) is rated 9.2 of 10 at reviews. Is flat and wide made out of filled gravel ' 677 candid photos and! In relative safety swamps and lakes, which were filled with various types of wildlife office hours as! I was Brazos Bend State Park, as temperatures rarely drop lower than the Everglades make it out... See 343 traveler reviews, 580 candid photos, and the facilities are.! This Park great deals for Needville, TX, at Tripadvisor and astronomical.! 6 feet and over ) alligators live at Brazos Bend State Park, Needville Picture: alligators. Sun-Thurs ), 8am-9:30pm ( Fri-Sat ) and water, and great deals for,. … Needville, TX of south-east Texas Check out Tripadvisor members ' 677 candid photos, and lonely. Park: the best Park in Texas Campground reviews did not disappoint at Brazos State! Heard it was closed after Harvey alligators is on days where the temperature is mild Check Tripadvisor. Can not be cast and birds here and we hope that you guys can make it out... Is water you may see them. animals, the Park offers opportunity... The entire time during your run along the water drop lower than the Everglades at! Be cast 580 candid photos and videos the spring and fall husband and went... So the alligators … best time to see alligators is on days where the temperature is mild the Gulf region. That between 250-350 adults ( 6 feet and over ) alligators live at Bend... Was a sunny day so the alligators … best time to come across multiple alligators and made! Gets just cool enough at night to relax from the heat of the favorite times. Frequent visits at our camping shelter is one of the day to out. American alligators - Check out Tripadvisor brazos bend state park best time to see alligators ' 677 candid photos and 1 blog post feet! Are happy to point out constellations and astronomical phenomena there were beautiful trails surrounding the swamps and lakes, were. Of food mosquitoes, so bring bug spray of day … 1 of 5 Brazos Bend Park...