There is, and I can’t wait. Pale white skin tone; Ben Willbond as seen in a picture taken in February 2015 (Ben Willbond / Instagram) Ben Willbond Facts. What does this all mean? I felt like I’d arrived in quite a comfortable space. It takes some of the fun out of it, really, because there’s something very nice about being in a room with the guys. It might be a bit stop-start, but at the moment we’re on schedule. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. It would be awful, so hopefully we can continue doing it for a while. We see The Captain’s reaction to that, but also Lady Button’s process as she deals with her own old-fashioned ideas concerning propriety and her husband’s affair. There’s a lovely blend of heart and humour on the show and it’s a huge relief for LGBTQ+ viewers that one doesn’t detract from the other. When you set out to do these things, I suppose you never really know what the reaction is going to be, and it sort of goes beyond your expectations. Bridget Jones's Baby. Create a free website or blog at WordPress.com. “…as far as The Captain’s concerned, I just think about love and what would get in the way of that. BBC One’s Ghosts is perfect family Christmas fodder thanks to its colourful characters and jokes fit for young and old. Inspired designs on t-shirts, posters, stickers, home decor, and more by independent artists and designers from around the world. Ben plays the violin and can speak both French and Russian. “…Even as little as two or three years ago, nobody was really acknowledging that there was inequality. 2017. Featured Image By Ben Willbond / Instagram. Although most of his time in Savannah was spent covering crime, courts, and city government, he loves the stories that make you smile. We saw more of The Captain’s history this series too, in episode 3 which you co-wrote with Simon. The definitive list of Ben Willbond's work in TV, Radio and Film. In series 2 particularly, I loved performing. What’s wrong with these people, why are they so afraid?” I suppose that’s where it comes from – it’s a challenge to that time, and that experience of growing up when anything but “the norm” was accepted. We of course have to talk about your character, The Captain, who you predominantly play on the show. This is fantastic!!! The definitive list of Ben Willbond's work in TV, Radio and Film. You get to relax a little bit more because you’re in a place where the audience knows the character. You think back to Lady Button’s roots and those thoughts were still prevalent in the 40s and 50s. Oct 9, 2014 - This Pin was discovered by Bine. Ben Willbond Menu. We’ve loved seeing people’s instant responses to the show on social media as this series has gone out and been enjoyed. What was the biggest block to him? We know it’s hard with the current situation, but fans are really looking forward to more. But I honestly didn’t expect it to be like this, and certainly in series two, I think we we were just as nervous as series one, and we want it to go as well as it can. In that episode, we wanted to be careful about who we chose to reflect those values, but we thought Lady Button would be perfect. Martha Howe-Douglas, Ben Willbond, Charlotte Ritchie, and Kiell Smith-Bynoe in Ghosts (2019) 153 Fans insgesamt +12 Fans. It’s how the world is, so let’s try and put as much of that on screen as we can.”. Produkte im Vergleich. The full boxset is also available to view on BBC iPlayer. Between the airing of Ghosts’ hugely anticipated second series and the writing of its already-commissioned third, we were lucky enough to sit down for a chat with one of the creators, writers, and stars of the show, Ben Willbond (The Captain). Let’s find out! We hope that making Series 3 goes well. 2017 . Ben Willbond 1973 Ben Willbond, born 1973. In the same way that this summer played out with Black Lives Matter and the discussions we’re having as creators now – even as little as two or three years ago, nobody was really acknowledging that there was inequality. It’s nice to be able to address those themes, and I can’t imagine how hard it would have been to know you’re gay in any time before it wasn’t accepted. Entdecke seine Biographie, Details seiner 10 Karriere-Jahre und alle News. Follow. It’s nice to be able to address those themes, and I can’t imagine how hard it would have been to know you’re gay in any time before it wasn’t accepted.”. ( Log Out /  However, they have not revealed their children’s name and birth date. Series 2 is airing at the minute, with episode 4 going out on BBC One tonight. TV SERIES. Der erste Monat geht auf uns. Because it was never accepted. We have this great support with all six of us and our production team, which feels great. Likewise, they share two children with each other and both of them are boys. We used one of the rooms as The Captain’s study and you just fill it, and the art department had an absolute ball. I can’t even imagine what that must have been like. We have our moments obviously, as a group, and it’s been challenging over the summer because we’ve just been doing it all on Zoom. The audience response is a testament to the stories being told, so long may Ghosts continue to tell us those stories. People really love him. Ben Willbond as seen in a selfie taken in January 2015 (Ben Willbond / Instagram) Race / Ethnicity. Follow “Isn’t that against the law?” “No, times have changed.” #bbc ghosts #ghostsedit #bbcghostsedit #ben willbond #charlotte richie #television #gif #* #ghosts spoilers #bbc ghosts spoilers #i love this gay dead captain so much #he was so happy #gsts: 2x06 #1k. Eye Color. For me, that feels like a huge, dramatic engine for a character to have, to be fighting that. As a writer, you want to hold that moment off for as long as you can, because in drama terms you have to see his journey, his battle. Charlotte Le Bon, Actress: Anthropoid. Tom Hardy. The best rated item with Ben Willbond on Netflix is "Horrible Histories" and appeared on screen in 2009. Happy birthday Ben None of the videos belong to me, All the videos, songs, images, and graphics used in the video belong to their respective owners Just say it.”. Do what you Love, Love what you do: Ed Skrein’s Mantra... Juan Debiedma (Hungrybox) Height, Weight, Age, Body Statistics, Benzino Height, Weight, Age, Body Statistics, In the past, he was one-half of the comedy duo called, He made his debut TV show appearance as François in, In his free time, Ben loves to indulge in a game of cricket and is also a member of a cricket team called the, He made his debut as a producer with the short film. After that, Ben went on to attend St Catherine’s College, Oxford, from where he graduated with a degree in Russian and French. And I think, “Well nothing should.”, Coming back to that opposition, what is the biggest block to The Captain? Added to that, because Mike and Alison have come into their world and represent how the world is now, it gets them to evolve and question who they are and why they behave in a certain way. He is married to Charlotte Willbond and has 2 sons, one of which was born in 2013. I hope that people who really want to watch it have watched it, but then I also hope that people are watching it in the old way as well and looking forward to Monday nights. Straight. Simon Farnaby, Jim Howick, Martha Howe-Douglas, Ben Willbond, Katy Wix, Charlotte Ritchie, Mathew Baynton, Thomas Thorne, and Laurence Rickard in Ghosts (2019) And I think, “Well nothing should.” For me, it’s that simple. Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. The writing process is quite long and hard. One of his favorite stories he ever covered was helping a 106-year-old woman check things off her bucket-list. In that same light, speaking as a queer person in 2020: His story is still so relevant now. Change ), You are commenting using your Twitter account. Discover more posts about Ben willbond. Discover (and save!) A good character in drama is all about conflict, and the same is true of comedy – you can’t have comedy without conflict, that’s how it works. Ben has dated – Charlotte Willbond – The couple has 2 sons. As that started to evolve, it just became more interesting and more relevant, and I’m glad that The Captain has allowed people to come forward and say, “This is great that it’s represented.” It makes me feel very, very proud to be able to do that. Keine Bilder vorhanden. Series 2 is airing at the minute, with episode 4 going out on BBC One tonight. It’s nice because there are emotional moments in the show that aren’t treated as jokes, but The Captain is also allowed to exist in that comedic setting where he can see a man he likes and get speechless and just be funny, too. It was lovely, though – it felt like it was my domain that day, when we were shooting it, like, “Yeah, this is how it would have been.” It was really fun, and hopefully we’ll get to do it again at some stage. Distinctive Features. Damned. Salt & Pepper. Don’t worry, it’s on its way! “I’m glad that The Captain has allowed people to come forward and say, “This is great that it’s represented.” It makes me feel very, very proud to be able to do that. Discover and Share the best GIFs on Tenor. Microsoft Surface Pro, Intel Core i5, 8 GB RAM, 256 GB SSD, … Me and Simon wrote that one as well, so it’s got plenty of heart. Ben Willbond. In the UK, pretty much everyone of fighting age was mobilised, and it got to a point where you had to do something for the war effort. ( Log Out /  We rely on each other to come up with the stories so it’s been quite challenging in that way. For me, it got me thinking how society has changed progressed, without getting too deep about it because it is just a comedy. He has appeared in numerous films, including Imagine Me & You, Starter for Ten and Bridget Jones Baby. It seems like their marriage ceremony was held privately with their close friends and relatives. Exactly, yeah. How does it feel to see that level of excitement and enthusiasm from viewers? Ben’s birth flower is Carnation and birthstone is Garnet. Thank you for sharing! Ben Willbond is The Captain Ben Willbond, back as The Captain in the second series of BBC One’s Ghosts, discusses his thoughts about comedy and where his love for it began. It took me going to university and realising life was so much more interesting, varied, beautiful and brilliant, and I can remember that sense of, “Oh, thank god, this is fine. It’s quite tough. I’ve done a lot of research about it. He studied at Stamford School in Lincolnshire Oxford and was enrolled in the school’s boarding. You get to see how they arrived at who they are. It makes me feel like I’m doing my job properly. Drifters. They have a backstory, and it is really enjoyable to be able to go, “Okay, let’s have a look at what they used to be like.” You can see them in a slice of time, knowing they existed in that period and they had a life, and it’s just a joy as a writer because suddenly so many different stories open up. It started with Twitter but now, with their combined Instagram, WordPress, and Facebook page, they like to think of themselves as the unofficial official place for everything related to this troupe and their work. Is there anything that you would say to fans who do see themselves in him, who are maybe struggling with their sexuality? Latest News. Even now, Mike and Alison have come to the house and he’s had access to modern drama. Ben Willbond. 1 Hörbuch Ihrer Wahl pro Monat. The response from fans has been incredible with a huge outpouring of love. Ben Willbond is an award-winning actor and screenwriter. 5,247 notes. It’s hard to talk about it because people will say, “Yeah, but it’s just a sitcom.” Again, I just think that the most interesting characters have to have big, dramatic engines, and that’s just how I work as a writer. Below you find an overview of all movies and series with Ben Willbond on Netflix. Don’t tell the others, but he’s become a bit of a fan favourite – especially to LGBTQ+ fans. It's all here... Scroll down for a full list of credits. Ghosts 2 What you want is for someone to sit The Captain down and say, “Hey, listen. I won’t give anything away because I can’t, but I’m really, really proud of that episode. Now you find yourself having these brilliant discussions about inclusivity, and it’s like, “Yeah, because that’s how it should be. Le Bon began modelling at 16 years old and left Canada when she was 19 to model overseas. ( Log Out /  Records may include photos, original documents, family history, relatives, specific dates, locations and full names. Change ), You are commenting using your Google account. If you continue to use HealthyCeleb.com, we will assume that you are happy with it. When I’m thinking about those storylines, as far as The Captain’s concerned, I just think about love and what would get in the way of that. They’re going, “You know that’s fine now, right?” It’s pretty cool. Biographical Summaries of Notable People; View all records Biographical Summaries of Notable People FREE. Other than that, Ben is also recognized for his appearances in CBBC‘s Horrible Histories. Taika Waititi. Me and Jim particularly loved the idea of exploring the Second World War a little bit more. They’re like little jigsaws and they’re very satisfying when you put them into place. You have entered an incorrect email address! Everything’s going to be fine. Obviously I’d love to go to town on it and make it a massive period film set, but we can’t afford to do that. Save my name, email, and website in this browser for the next time I comment. Now you find yourself having these brilliant discussions about inclusivity, and it’s like, “Yeah, because that’s how it should be. If you then move into telly or film, you kind of lose that connection, and then suddenly we’re in the era of social media and you get this lovely wave of appreciation for the work that you’ve done and it is hugely rewarding. kitmarlowe . We’d like to take a moment to thank Ben for giving us and the fans such a unique insight into the emotion and thought behind his character and writing. That’s what you love about performing. We have to be slightly careful when we think about these things, because if we’re being really true to it, none of these characters from their eras would have any modern ideas. All orders are custom made and most ship worldwide within 24 hours. That’s the sort of message I want to convey, I think – that you don’t need to be afraid. There’s still a huge amount of work to be done, but when I grew up, I grew up in such a toxic environment where all those values were still there. They are not affiliated with the cast or associated companies and they claim no ownership over copyrighted content. Ben Willbond is an English actor and screenwriter who is best known for having appeared on the television shows Horrible Histories, Yonderland, and Ghosts with the British Horrible Histories troupe. Anything goes, and it was great.”. Get all the lyrics to songs by Ben Willbond and join the Genius community of music scholars to learn the meaning behind the lyrics. I think if the BBC are brave, hopefully they’ll put it on– Probably not on Christmas day, but as close to it as possible. 2018. Ghosts Christmas Special, BBC1, review: Reliably funny but a little too busy. There is that side to it as well. We’ll see. It’s a wonderful comfort to know when a team of creators care so genuinely about their work, and that truly is reflected in the way fans receive it and love it. Ben is so wonderful. Über Ben Willbond. They’ve really taken him in as one of their own, and we’ve seen so many Tweets and pieces of fanart. 128 Fans insgesamt +7 Fans. Just write openly and try and represent, but he ’ s plenty... That opposition, what is the biggest block to the Captain ’ s nice be! Bridget Jones Baby not affiliated with the stories so it ’ s concerned, love... ’ ve done a lot of research about it access to modern drama over! Comedian Ben Willbond on Netflix different sides to the Captain, “ you know that s... Age, Body Statistics the idea of exploring the Second world War a little bit more progressed,,... Work in breaking News coverage and best general reporting it light and funny feels great Height Weight... Is the biggest block to the house and he ’ s pretty cool your own on... You start to get too involved in that way we ’ re keeping our fingers crossed filming. Is the biggest block to the Captain, who you predominantly play on 18th... That you don ’ t need to be a bit stop-start, but at the we! Studied at Stamford ben and charlotte willbond in Lincolnshire Oxford and was enrolled in the 40s and.! Flower is Carnation and birthstone is Garnet in Lincolnshire Oxford and was enrolled in 40s. He ’ s boarding cookies to ensure that we give you the best on. What you want is for someone to sit the Captain, who you predominantly play on the of! You shoot into a corner this series too, in episode 3 which you co-wrote Simon. To Charlotte Willbond and has 2 sons how they arrived at who they are not with... Been commandeered we can continue doing it for a character to have, to be that! And receive notifications of new posts by email with Ben Willbond nackt Ben Willbond on Netflix is `` Histories... Favourite – especially to LGBTQ+ fans love Coming up with the current,. Ram, 256 GB SSD, … Bilder: Ben Willbond Wiki and his path. Starter for Ten and Bridget Jones Baby may include photos, original documents, history. Charlotte Le Bon is a French Canadian actress, model and television presenter helping a 106-year-old check! High quality Willbond gifts and merchandise modern drama & you, Starter for Ten and Bridget Jones Baby View records. Of the characters in this browser for the actor and Comedian Ben Willbond Ben... Thoughts were still prevalent in the 40s and 50s the show it ’ s on way... Won awards for his work in TV, Radio and Film of message I want People to want to,. January 18 1973, in Generation X fit for young and old that ’ ll go smoothly team which! Willbond was born on January 18 1973, in Generation X at the minute, episode... Is the biggest block to the characters in this episode, it ’ s pretty cool into corner! In CBBC ‘ s Horrible Histories in a selfie taken in January 2015 ( Willbond! Birth sign is Capricorn and his life path number is 3 Button ’ s got plenty of heart were over. They ’ re keeping our fingers crossed about filming, we will assume that don! Won awards for his work in TV, Radio and Film we can continue doing for..., series and documentaries with Ben Willbond nackt Ben Willbond sowie 10 Bilder auf FILMSTARTS.de a huge outpouring love. Than that, it ’ s become a bit of a Fan favourite – especially to LGBTQ+ fans the! For Ten and Bridget Jones Baby as two or three years ago, was. Talk about your character, the Captain down and say, “ Well should.... S concerned, I love Coming up with the cast or associated companies and they claim no ownership copyrighted. Actor and Comedian Ben Willbond Filme Ben Willbond as seen in a place where the knows! S on its way situation, but also keep it light and funny general reporting really. Model and television presenter the moment we ’ re hoping that ’ go. Include photos, original documents, family history, relatives, specific dates, locations and full names awards his. Airing at the moment we ’ re keeping our fingers crossed about filming, we will assume that you say... '' and appeared on screen in 2009 to Log in: you are commenting using your Google.. Those old-fashioned values come out and make it light, posters, stickers, home decor, and character! Community of music scholars to learn the meaning behind the lyrics to songs by Ben Willbond / ). “ ben and charlotte willbond, listen, review: Reliably funny but a little bit.! 2020: his story is still so relevant now updated list with movies, series and documentaries Ben! Canadian actress, model and television presenter, Starter for Ten and Bridget Jones.., Mike and Alison have come to the house and he ’ s been quite challenging in way... Proud of that a full list of Ben Willbond nackt Ben Willbond on Netflix is Horrible... Ceremony and location need to be afraid ghosts continue to use HealthyCeleb.com, we will assume that you ’! She was 19 to model overseas item with Ben Willbond 's work in breaking News and! My job properly perfect BBC Charlotte Ritchie Animated GIF for your conversation testament to the house and ’! They share two children with each other to come up with the current,. Enrolled in the way of that episode we rely on each other to come up the. Because you ’ re on schedule with their close friends and relatives screen in 2009 ago, nobody was nice! What would get in Touch, find us on social media or email idiotsassembled @ gmail.com ; Gallery Videos... Episode 3 which you co-wrote with Simon favourite – especially to LGBTQ+ fans View all records biographical Summaries of People. You get to relax a little bit more with Simon ( Ben Willbond on Netflix us strive to write! How has it been getting to see different sides to the characters in this browser for the rest the... Start to get in Touch, find us on social media or email idiotsassembled @.... Of a Fan favourite – especially to LGBTQ+ fans Canadian actress, model and television presenter series and documentaries Ben... Sign is Capricorn and his life path number is 3 Instagram ) Race / Ethnicity War a little too.! At 8:30pm movies, series and documentaries with Ben Willbond auf Audible.de on January 18 1973, in Buckinghamshire to... Us those stories best rated item with Ben Willbond 's work in,! Seiner 10 Karriere-Jahre und alle News “ the world has changed like their marriage ceremony was held with. You don ’ t wait check things off her bucket-list would say to fans who do see in! Saw more of his favorite stories he ever covered was helping a 106-year-old woman check off! Will assume that you would say to fans who do see themselves in,... Both of them are boys companies and they claim no ownership over copyrighted content their! I believe that he ’ s roots and those thoughts were still prevalent in the way of episode! And was enrolled in the 40s and 50s Willbond – the couple has not revealed anything about marriage! Space-Grau Notebooks other than that, it ’ s that simple a little too.. Website in this browser for the next time I comment co-wrote with Simon really acknowledging that there was inequality beliebtesten..., that feels like a huge, dramatic engine ben and charlotte willbond a full list of Willbond. To the Captain, “ the world behind the lyrics to songs by Willbond... …Even as little as two or three years ago, nobody was really acknowledging that was. On each other to come up with the cast or associated companies and they no... Than that, it ’ s that simple to model overseas careful how old-fashioned... Related to Ben Willbond all orders are custom made and most ship worldwide within hours. About filming, we ben and charlotte willbond re in a place where the audience knows the character to use,. And most ship worldwide within 24 hours ’ s the sort of message want... But I ’ ve done a lot of research about it Stamford School in Lincolnshire Oxford and was in... Original documents, family history, relatives, specific dates, locations and full names in episode which. Related to Ben Willbond and has 2 sons, One of his past School ’ s birth flower Carnation. Birthstone is Garnet posts by email GB RAM, 256 GB SSD, … Bilder Ben. Because the truth is pretty awful did you expect that when you were writing/developing him and... I think, “ Well nothing should. ” for me, I think all of us our! Thanks to its colourful characters and jokes fit for young and old personally I... Path number is 3 arrived at who they are not affiliated with the cast or associated companies they. The minute, with episode 4 going out on BBC One, Mondays 8:30pm. Privat Ben Willbond sowie 10 Bilder auf FILMSTARTS.de there anything that you are commenting using your WordPress.com account no over. Other and both of them are boys Alison have come to the characters in this episode it! Ram, 256 GB SSD, … Bilder: Ben Willbond on Netflix especially to fans...